Re: [Malankara_OCYM] Farewell

  • biju v
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 12, 2009

      Meletius Thirumeni  Moved the Youth Movement

                                                         Biju V Panthaplave

      The Orthodox Christian Youth Movement has been enjoying the active leadership of the dynamic bishop of the Malankara Orthodox Church, H G Dr Yuhanon Mar Meletius Thirumeni. The Movement was fortunate enough to be in the craftsmanship of such a visionary and democratic leader as Meletius Thirumeni.

      The OCYM rose up to the image of an international organization with its ecumenical  visions, integrated activities and future-oriented programs with the leadership of His Grace. Thirumeni had always dreamt of a ‘Movement with a difference’. His inspiring speeches and thought-provoking writings gave a new impetus to the Movement so that it can safely sail across the problematic changes of the new age.

      Meletius Thirumeni could add a gracious halo to the Movement by integrating the spiritual, secular, and global dimensions of the annual themes of the OCYM. The prescribed themes viz. the Presence of  Christ in the Changing World, Avenues of Freedom Experienced, Pilgrimage to Truth, Methodology of Making the People, Perspectives of Outliving, and the Culture of the Cross have achieved public acclaim and appreciation even from the national and international thinkers and orators.

      His Grace has always given inspiring importance to the OCYM units with the belief that the roots are decisive for the existence and survival. His readiness to participate or compliment the activities of the units has vitalized them a lot.

      Meletius Thirumeni could succeed in giving a new orientation to the creative functioning of the units. The regular meetings held at Saturday evenings inside the church with the traditional ‘agenda’ were replaced with active discussions and scheduled programs for the community at large.

      The annual conference of the O C Y M achieved an international status both in its conduct and co-ordination.

      The momentum acquired by the OCYM units outside Kerala and abroad was remarkable under the president ship of Meletius Thirumeni. The Gulf Orthodox  Youth Conference-the annual gathering of the orthodox youths of all the Gulf Emirates has become a pride and landmark in the history of the OCYM.

      The long-cherished dream of having an office building was materialized during the tenure of Miletius Thirumeni. His Grace collected a considerable sum of amount for it. His Grace was generous and considerate even to pawn the documents of the land property of  Trichur diocese in the federal Bank, Kottayam  to solve the financial crisis of the Movement. His Grace successfully charted some projects in the Gulf countries which turned up to be of great financial help to the Movement.

      The constitutional amendments initiated by  Thirumeni were of great help to the Movement. The decentralization of the responsibilities of the programs and projects were proved to be democratic and successful in effect.

      ‘The Orthodox youth’ the proud publication of the OCYM of the past decade was given a new birth through ‘Orthodox Yuvajanam’.

      O C Y M has been nurtured and nourished by such a great leader .Let us bow our heads in front of His Grace, as a token of  gratitude, who pioneered us through a pretty long years of seven years.

      We can hopefully wait for the emergence of the  new  President H G Yuhanon Mar Polikarpose Thirumeni ,one of the new Seven Stars of the East.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 13, 2009
        Respected Thirumeni,

        Words cannot express the feeling of losing something that has been the backbone of the OCYM for the past seven years. And that is the charismatic leadership and momentum that you brought in to the youth movement especially in the Delhi Diocese. You will be remembered not only for the unforgettable conferences that we have had but also for the radical changes that you brought in such as women stepping into the movement. This commitment shows from the very fact that of the seven years that you were President you have led our conferences for 5 years, which is truly commendable. More importantly the enthusiasm with which the participants use to go back from your conferences was heart warming.
        While we look forward to keep up the momentum even with the new President, we will certainly miss the ease of approaching you for any problem that we face and speaking our mind out on issues which were usually avoided for purposes of discussion. We are sure that any new responsibility that you take charge of will be equally successful.
        On behalf of the entire youth members of the Delhi Diocese, we thank you for being a great support in taking this movement forward in glory of God and for the betterment of the Church. Looking forward your encouragement and support for our activities in the years to come also. We wish you all the very best for all your future endeavors!

        With regards & prayers
        Samuel George
        Treasurer, OCYM Diocese of Delhi
      • militos@vsnl.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 15, 2009
          Dear Samuel George
          Thank you for the mail and nice words. Yes I had the privilege of working with young people who love their Church and their life in the Church. So I was able to do few things. That is not a great thing. I was just responding to your love to the Church. Continue to remember me in your prayers. Hope you and your family are doing fine. Special greeting to Elizabeth.
          With regards and prayers
          Thirumeni

          > Words cannot express the feeling of losing something that has been
          > the backbone of the OCYM for the past seven years. And that is the
          > charismatic leadership and momentum that you brought in to the
          > youth movement especially in the Delhi Diocese. You will be
          > remembered not only for the unforgettable conferences that we have
          > had but also for the radical changes that you brought in such as
          > women stepping into the movement. This commitment shows from the
          > very fact that of the seven years that you were President you have
          > led our conferences for 5 years, which is truly commendable. More
          > importantly the enthusiasm with which the participants use to go
          > back from your conferences was heart warming.
          > While we look forward to keep up the momentum even with the new
          > President, we will certainly miss the ease of approaching you for
          > any problem that we face and speaking our mind out on issues which
          > were usually avoided for purposes of discussion. We are sure that
          > any new responsibility that you take charge of will be equally
          > successful.
          > On behalf of the entire youth members of the Delhi Diocese, we
          > thank you for being a great support in taking this movement forward
          > in glory of God and for the betterment of the Church. Looking
          > forward your encouragement and support for our activities in the
          > years to come also. We wish you all the very best for all your
          > future endeavors!
          >
          > With regards & prayers
          > Samuel George
          > Treasurer, OCYM Diocese of Delhi

        • Pallibhagam youth Movement
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 15, 2009

            Respected Thirumeni,

            World remember great leaders not only for their leadership qualities but also for the effect of changes which they have brought to mankind. Likewise, your name will be carved in the history of OCYM as the ‘pioneer of changes’. From the traditional structure and functioning of OCYM, you brought the youth power of Orthodox Church to such a level that can be equaled to any international organizations. You invested your brain and blood to create a youth force with a vision about the society and church.

            You showed us the guidelines in your enthusiastic and matured words and writings which have brought tremendous change in the style and functioning of this organization and its members.  You strengthened the roots of this great organization in the soil of beliefs and allowed this tree to grow with a vision which cannot be destroyed by any forces. We are confident that, this organization can grow to any level because of the proper guidance from you who laid the base for us to stand and grow. Your thoughts and  deeds gave us enough power to open our mind towards this society and to grow in strength for the betterment of the world and our orthodox Christian kingdom.

            As a part of the unavoidable changes, officially you may not be the president of OCYM. But, we require your blessings and guidance going forward too. So, we cannot say a bye to you. Oh father, guide us in the days to come too...with your charisma...energy...words...

            We wish all the very best for your future endeavors...

            With lots of love and prayers...

            Members and Executive committee
            Pallibhagam youth Movement
            St Stephens Orthodox Cathedral
            Kudassanad
            Pathanamthitta(Dist)

            www.pallibhagamyouth.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 16, 2009
              Thank you my young friends at Pallibhagam OCYM unit for your nice words. I am no more the president, but I am an young person so will be part of OCYM. So will be with you for every good things you day take up.
              God be with you