Malankara World Journal Issue 152 - Theme: Humility and Servanthood

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2013

      The Malankara World Journal Issue 152 - Theme: Humility and Servanthood - (July 18, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 152
      Theme: Humility and Servanthood

      1. Bible Readings for This Sunday (July 21)

      Ninth Sunday after Pentecost
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_9th_sunday-after-pentecost.htm

      2. Sermons for This Sunday (July 21)

      Sermons for Ninth Sunday After Pentecost
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_9th-sunday-after-Pentecost.htm

      3. The Strange Math of Jesus: Emptying Himself by Adding Human Nature

      Given that the divine nature in Jesus was eternal and infinite while the human nature in Jesus was created and finite, one of the questions we ponder is just how these two natures could coexist in the one person. Could Jesus as both fully divine and fully human be, for example, simultaneously omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent - qualities of his eternal, divine nature - while also possessing a limited and finite human power, a limited yet growing knowledge and wisdom, and a restricted ability to be only one place at one time - qualities of finite, human nature?

      4. Featured: Two Men Worth Imitating

      Our Savior did not come to be served, but to serve and to give His life a ransom for many (Mark 10:45). Every Christian is the blood-bought servant of the Lord Jesus Christ. Being a servant of Christ is not an option if you want to be more dedicated; it is the calling of every believer. If you are not a servant of Christ, you cannot rightly call yourself a Christian. ...

      5. How to Tell a Servant When You See One

      If to be a deacon means to serve, and if it really matters the quality of the person chosen to serve the congregation, then someone in church leadership must be able to recognize a servant when they see one..

      6. Jesus Teaches About Humility and Servanthood

      Humble people are always thinking, not of themselves, but of others. For that reason, they have a servant's attitude, looking for opportunities to be a blessing. However, just because someone serves others isn't sure proof that he's a true servant. Many people outwardly seem to be kind and generous, but often they are just acting in order to gain people's favor. ...

      7. Leadership as Stewardship

      The biblical concept of a steward is amazingly simple and easy to understand. The steward is one who manages and leads what is not his own, and he leads knowing that he will give an account to the Lord as the owner and ruler of all. ...

      8. Stewardship as a Response to Grace

      Moses' response to the Lord's gracious action was worship (see Ex 34:8). Today our response to God's salvation should echo that of Moses. ...

      9. Increasing Mental Health Literacy in Rural America

      One in five Americans has a mental illness yet only about 4 in 10 of these people receive treatment. In rural America - where 20 percent of the country's population lives - the challenges of getting mental health treatment are exacerbated by the fear of being misunderstood, lack of awareness about services and chronic shortage of behavioral health providers. ...

      10. Family: Christian Parenting

      But, after all, the mass of Christian piety in a country will be found to be in the generation of the pious; and though God shows his own sovereignty in sometimes raising up an eminent instrument of good from among the most wicked, he also shows the riches and the faith fullness of his own promises: "The generation of the upright is blessed." "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." ...

      11. Anything can remind us of the Creator

      When I want to talk to God and thank Him, I just pull out this old deck of cards and they remind me of all that I have to be thankful for." ...

      12. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/

      Malankara World Journal