Malankara World Journal Issue 150 - Theme: Independence Day - (July 4, 2013)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2013

      The Malankara World Journal Issue 150 - Theme: Independence Day - (July 4, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 150
      Theme: Independence Day

      1. Important Notice

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (July 7)

      Seventh Sunday after Pentecost

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (July 7)

      Sermons for Seventh Sunday After Pentecost

      4. Inspiration for Today: Love Is To Be Experienced

      5. St. Thomas, the Disciple

      St. Thomas, one among the twelve disciples of Jesus Christ, was a Jew. He was probably from Galeele. Thomas in Armaic Syriac is known as Teoma and in Greek Didymus. The meaning of these words is twin. The name "twin" was called because of his twin brother Adai who later was the Episcopo of Edessa. Thomas was most probably a carpenter. ...

      6. Independence... Is It Really a Good Thing?

      In a day and age when independence is praised, I wonder if it's really a good thing when it comes to our relationship with God. ...

      7. Celebrating the Priceless Gift of Freedom

      Anyone who has experienced horrific persecution for their personal beliefs has a deep awareness of the unmistakable value of freedom. The men and women who founded this country were themselves victims of persecution, and fought to preserve freedom at any cost. The liberty they sought meant freedom to have faith, to lose it, to change it. ...

      8. Let Freedom Ring

      I will never think about worship the same again. I've been too casual about it, too laid-back, taken it too much for granted. These people know what it's about - really about - and because of that, they have been willing, and would be willing again, to suffer for it. To be imprisoned for it. To die for it. Because they've discovered that it holds that high of a yield for their life. It has that much meaning and payoff and significance. It matters that much. ...

      9. America: There is Hope

      God is not impressed with our outward displays of devotion without inward commitment. God is not impressed when we hand Him our crumbs with no sacrifice. God is not impressed with how high we can jump for Jesus. He wants to see how straight we walk once we land. ...

      10. One of the Greatest Americans of All Time

      Grant's early life was marked by failure, shame and disappointment. Yet he rose to become the most famous and respected man in the nation. Grant won the Civil War and saved the Union, concluding it on a note of grace. His two terms as President were marked by peace abroad and reconciliation at home. He helped heal the nation's wounds and saved his family from financial ruin by writing a brilliant, landmark memoir, one of the most successful books in American literature, while dying and wracked with pain. ...

      11. Meditation - The Secret to Remaining at Peace

      Have you ever looked at the stars at night and been utterly amazed by the infinite spaciousness of this Universe? Just as you notice the vast expansiveness of your outer world, this same spaciousness exists in your inner world. This inner spaciousness is where you can finally rest and find inner peace. ...

      12. Recipe: Summer Cranberry Spritzer

      Bring on the heat with this refreshing cranberry beverage. It's sure to cool you off.

      13. Family: When Our Relationships Are Challenged

      I listened as the hurting man wept, and I thought of Job, around whom unseen and unjust powers had swirled. Job was bewildered. So was this misunderstood husband. Neither man understood why bad things were happening. Each faced a murky future in an iffy marriage. ...

      14. Family: The Big Result of a Little Independence

      Most of us can't imagine how we would ever get to the point of entering into a sexual relationship outside our marriage. And yet adultery happens all the time, almost as often with Christians as with non-believers. And it usually begins with little acts of unfaithfulness that build gradually into bigger ones until suddenly one day we realize we're up to our necks in a full-blown affair....

      15. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Malankara World Journal