The Wolf-Shepherds in our World

  • John Kunnathu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2013
      The Wolf-Shepherds in our World

      A study of the story of Good Samaritan in the context of the present events in Kerala
      If some people in a society live on the sweat of the other people, undoubtedly it is a dying society. When this happens, the only way to save a society is by empowering the robbed people by supporting them, and by standing against the robbers. The king and the priest, the political and religious leaders, are those who have taken upon themselves the responsibility of taking care of a society or a community. They are the ones to protect a community by taking a strong stand against the robbers. What if they support the robbers instead of opposing them? That would be an awful situation.

      God-Humanity-World Relations
      How we view the relations among God, Humanity, and the World is basic to any considerations of human existence. The three relations--  Humanity-World, God-World, and God-Humanity -- are viewed differently based on which of the three worldviews we hold: Other-Worldliness, This-Worldliness, and One-Worldliness.
      On Conversing with God
      It is not easy to keep a live conversation with God. In fact it is not easy to keep a live conversation with anybody. If it is not easy to keep a live conversation with a human being-- friend or a family member or a spouse, how can it be easy to keep a live conversation with God, whom no one has ever seen. The conversation can soon become a dead ritual unless we know why it is important to keep the conversation alive and how we can do so.
      A Call For A Radical Reform In Education
      A knowledge of how our mind works can help us make use of it better, and it calls for radical reforms in our education system. This is not a psychological explanation using psychological terms, for this writer is not a psychologist. However, this writer has been in the field of education, and the experience gained over three decades in three different continents has contributed to this study.
      Continue to read at: http://johnkunnathu.blogspot.in/2013/04/a-call-for-radical-reform-in-education.html

      John D. Kunnathu

      Join me in pondering the issues of human existence here