Malankara World Journal Special on The Bible - Issue 146 (June 6, 2013)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2013

      The Malankara World Journal Special on The Bible - Issue 146 (June 6, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 146
      Special: The Bible

      1. Foreword: Introduction to The Bible

      For the Christian of true worship, the Bible is the "greatest source of truth, virtue, and moral ethics. It is invaluable as a source of teaching doctrine and holiness. We call it the "Book of Life," for in its pages we find the closest expression we have of the Inexpressible. ...

      THIS SUNDAY IN CHURCH

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (June 9)

      Third Sunday after Pentecost
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_3rd_sunday-after-pentecost.htm

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (June 9)

      Sermons for the Third Sunday After Pentecost
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_3rd-sunday-after-Pentecost.htm

      4. Featured: Manna and the Eucharist

      "I am the bread of life", Jesus claims. It was a truly a difficult moment for the Jews for they were supposedly very familiar with Jesus' background. They simply found him too much, too overwhelming. We too can find such a claim difficult to believe. But with constant reflection, openness of heart and mind, as well as faith, such a profound truth may be perceived and accepted. ...

      THEMATIC ARTICLES - THE BIBLE

      5. Inspiration for Today: Jesus Is The Whole Gospel

      Jesus Christ is not only the center of the gospel but the whole gospel. The four evangelists never focus on another personality. Fringe people stay on the fringe, marginal men remain on the periphery. No one else is allowed to take center stage. Various individuals are introduced only to interrogate, respond, or react to Jesus. ...

      6. Jesus Through the Bible

      From Genesis to Malachi, the Old Testament is all about Jesus. But of course it is in the New Testament that Jesus actually comes to save His people. Whereas the Old Testament gives us His background, the New Testament presents His biography. ...

      7. The Bible Is Not about You

      In the Bible we are watching as redemption comes to pass on the pages of Scripture, one unbelievable event after another, eventually leading to Christ. Each page rumbles with anticipation. When you see it from here, the Bible opens up in ways you've never imagined. It takes off. ...

      8. Your Bible: A Living Treasure, Part 1

      I want you to learn how to study your Bible - how to make it burst aflame in your hand. Knowledge is power. That's true in any realm, business, athletics, or theology, for knowledge of truth transforms. We need to be molded, motivated, and managed by the Word of God. ...

      9. Your Bible: A Living Treasure, Part 2

      When you read the Bible, you find phrases like "the Word of the Lord," "the Word of God," or "the Lord said" used 3,808 times. If the Bible is not the Word of God, it's the biggest bundle of lies ever unleashed on planet Earth. The Bible is truth, absolutely. Let's look at other virtues of the Bible which set it apart, for if you don't appreciate the virtues of the Word of God, you won't have any desire to understand it. ...

      10. Your Bible: A Living Treasure, Part 3

      In the first two parts of this study, we saw the Bible as a timeless, truthful, treasured book, a living book because the Creator of the universe literally breathed out the Word of God. We saw that it must be assimilated - taken into your mind, understood, and provided as nourishment for your soul and spirit. How do you do that? First by praying, asking God to be your teacher, then by meditating. ...

      11. One of the Most Important Principles in Reading the Bible

      Bible is full of conditions we must meet for God's blessings. But God does not leave us to meet them on our own. The first and decisive work before and in our willing is God's prior grace. Without this insight, hundreds of conditional statements in the Bible will lead us astray. ...

      12. 7 Ways to Make Bible Reading Fun

      The Bible intimidates many people; even those who are avid readers of other books. .. We need to figure out how to enjoy reading God's Word. Part of maturing as a believer is to fall in love with the Bible. ...

      13. The Nourishing Bread of Scripture

      Patristic exegesis might be described as a "real" reading of Scripture, as contrasted with a literary or positivist approach. The main object of the Fathers was to penetrate beyond the signs, the words, to the reality signified, even to the mystery of Christ and God. They were aware they could reach this mystery only through faith in Christ and obedience to his word. ...

      14. Family Special: Keep Going Strong

      A testimonial of how spending time together in prayer and God's Word has helped save a troubled marriage. ...

      GENERAL ARTICLES

      15. Health: The Greatest Cancer Fighter

      There's sound evidence that the holy grail of cancer fighting is not a drug. The most powerful cancer fighter ever discovered is naturally occurring vitamin D. ...

      16. Recipe: Double Orange Carrots

      17. Teachers and Tornadoes

      Every day we are surrounded by examples of the dark side of human nature - selfishness, greed, dishonesty and cruelty - which make it hard to resist cynicism. It's a pity that it often takes a disaster and the heroic actions it evokes to provide compelling contrary evidence, to remind us of the best in human nature. ...

      18. The Truth About Positive Thinking: When to Use it - and When to Ignore It

      Lack of self-confidence, Peale said, "is one of the great problems besetting people today." He makes reference to a survey of college students indicating that for 75 percent of them, confidence was the thing most lacking in their life. ...

      19. Humor: The Lungi, The Legend

      A Lungi is simple and 'down to earth' like the mallu wearing it. Lungi is the beginning and the end of evolution in its category. Wearing something on the top half of your body is optional when you are wearing a lungi. Lungi is a strategic dress. It's like a one-size-fits-all-bottoms for Keralites. ...

      20. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/

      Malankara World Journal