Malankara World Journal Issue 144 - Theme: Christian Persecution Around The World

    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2013
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 144 - Theme: Christian Persecution Around The World  (May 23, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 144
      Theme: Christian Persecution Around The World

      1. Foreword

      THIS WEEK IN CHURCH

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (May 26)

      First Sunday after Pentecost
      http://www.malankaraworld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_1st_sunday-after-pentecost.htm

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (May 26)

      Sermons for First Sunday After Pentecost
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_1st-sunday-after-pentecost.htm

      4. What Am I Hungry For? Meditation on John 6:30-35

      The Discourse of the Bread of Life is not a text to be discussed and dissected, but rather it should be meditated and pondered. This is why, even if it is not fully understood, we should not be concerned. This text of the Bread of Life demands a whole life to meditate on it and deepen it. Such a text, people have to read it, meditate it, pray it, think about it, read it again, repeat it and ponder it, as one does with a good sweet in the mouth. ...

      THEMED ARTICLES

      5. Featured: Syrian Orthodox Archbishop Speaks on the Situation of Christians in Syria

      Archbishop Eustathius Matta Roham of the Syrian Orthodox Archdiocese of Jazirah & Euphrates discusses the situation of Christians in Syria, the plight of refugees to the neighboring countries and the overall deteriorating conditions within Syria. Peace is an urgent need in Syria as well as in the whole Middle East. Let us pray and work for peace for all nations. ...

      6. Update on the Kidnapped Orthodox Bishops in Syria

      As we approach the fifth week of captivity of Archbishop Yohanna Ibrahim and Metropolitan Boulos Yaziji, we wanted to apprise you of several activities undertaken this week to help secure their release. Much more can and needs to be done and your prayers are most important to secure their release, but below is a quick update. ...

      7. Syria and the War on Christians: Should the U.S. Intervene?

      In the last week of April, two Orthodox bishops in Syria were kidnapped by rebels near Aleppo. Ironically, these same bishops "had warned of the threat to religious tolerance and diversity from the two-year conflict in their country." It's a potent reminder that while we may not be certain who the winners in the upheavals rocking Syria and the rest of the Middle East might be, we already know who the losers will be: Christians. ...

      8. Caught In The Cross Fire: Story of the Tragic Sufferings by Orthodox in Syria

      A few days ago, all means of communication were lost with 33 Christian (Syrian Orthodox from the diocese of Jazeerah) when sailing from Turkey to Greece. Their smuggler had left them in a deserted and unoccupied island without food or potable water for a couple of days. ...

      9. Christian Indifference to Christian Suffering

      Christians are being persecuted all over the world. Churches are being burned and destroyed, girls are being raped and ancient Christian communities reaching back 2,000 years are being obliterated. And the world yawns. Most shockingly, many Christians in the West, worse than yawning, look away and in some cases embrace the perpetrators and blame our allies. ...

      10. Christian Persecution: Than and Now

      Many Christians face persecution today. At some point many more may have to make the choice to denounce God or risk everything they hold dear, including their lives. And many face such choices now, though with less threatening consequences: We may be ostracized from our families or passed over for promotions. We may be treated unjustly or misunderstood. ...

      11. Persecution of Christians Continue Unabated

      Bartholomew noted that, "with great sorrow today we see Christians, of all denominations, persecuted in many places, deemed enemies of society and the state; [we see that] the Christian faith is not tolerated in many countries and under many laws. Despite the progress apparently noted in the world with regard to respect of human rights, the persecution of the Christians has not ceased." ...

      12. Syria's Children Shot At, Tortured, Raped: Charity Report

      Syria's children are perhaps the greatest victims of their country's conflict, suffering "layers and layers of emotional trauma", Save the Children's chief executive told Reuters. Syrian children have been shot at, tortured and raped during two years of unrest and civil war, the London-based international charity said in a report. ...

      13. Embracing Their Suffering: Martyrdom Today

      For Christians living in approximately 130 countries around the world, harassment, discrimination, intimidation, imprisonment, and even death are the price of Christian faithfulness. In some countries, the persecutors are government officials. In others, as we recently saw in Egypt, they are mobs and militants who act with legal impunity. ...

      ARTICLES OF GENERAL INTEREST

      14. Health: Natural Juice Remedies

      Natural Juice Remedies are Just the Right Prescription for Some Ailments
      Veggie Cocktails Target Bad Cholesterol, Arthritis, Headaches & More

      15. Recipe: Blueberry Coconut Avocado Smoothie

      Filled with antioxidants, B Vitamins, Vitamin K, Vitamin E and natural cholesterol-reducing oils. ...

      16. Get Interested, Become Interesting

      Have you ever noticed that there are some people that really attract people? They seem to have something that makes people want to be around them. They're not the richest or the most powerful, perhaps, but people are drawn to them anyway. What is that magic attracting power? ...

      17. 28th Annual Youth & Family Conference - Malankara Archdiocese

      The Annual Youth & Family Conference of the Malankara Archdiocese will be held from July 18 - 21, 2013 in Dallas, Texas. A weekend packed with programs for all ages are planned. All our faithful are encouraged to attend. ...

      18. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/

      Malankara World Journal