Malankara World Journal Issue 143 - Pentecost Special

    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2013
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 143 - Pentecost Special - (May 16, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 143
      Pentecost Special

      1. Foreword: Pentecost and Holy Spirit

      The day of Pentecost has special meaning because this was the day that the church would have the power to do everything God had commanded them to do. This is extremely relevant to the church because the Holy Spirit is what keeps the church fruitful. The Holy Spirit has the power to spiritually cleanse the congregation. To allow this to happen, Christians must be filled with the Holy Spirit and surrender their lives to Christ. ...

      2. Bible Readings for Pentecost Sunday (May 19)

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_Pentecost.htm

      3. Sermons for Pentecost Sunday (May 19)

      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_Pentecost.htm

      4. Pentecost Blessings

      5. Featured: The Holy Spirit Overcomes Fear

      To indicate the Holy Spirit, the account in the Acts of the Apostles uses two great images, the image of the tempest and the image of fire. Clearly, St. Luke had in mind the theophany of Sinai, recounted in Exodus (19:16-19) and Deuteronomy (4:10-12:36). In the ancient world the tempest was seen as a sign of divine power, in whose presence man felt subjugated and terrified. ...

      6. The Work of the Holy Spirit in the Church and in the World

      In the original inspired text of the Acts of the Apostles, Jesus promised the disciples that they would be "my martyrs." If there was ever an age in Christian history when the followers of Christ would need the strength of martyrdom, it is today.

      Our Lord could not have been more clear. He told us, "If you wish to be my disciples, take up your daily cross and follow me." The source of strength to suffer for Christ comes finally from the Holy Spirit. In the language of the New Testament, this power is the same kind of power by which miracles are performed. ...

      7. Hymn: Come Down, O Love Divine

      8. Fiery Faith - Pentecost

      Pentecost reminds me that even those who witnessed the miracles of Christ firsthand had to face and overcome uncertainty and fear. The disciples weren't perfect, and they weren't always clued into the details of God's bigger plan. Just like the early disciples, we are often called to simply take one day at a time and trust God with whatever the future may bring. ...

      9. Pentecost, the Birthday of the Church

      For Christians, Pentecost marks the fruits and harvest of another sort. It is a celebration of a formative event in the history of the early Church - the pouring out of the Holy Spirit upon the newly birthed Church and the first bold proclamation of the Gospel by Peter, the head apostle, among the Jews. ...

      10. Hymn of Prayer: Veni, Creator Spiritus - Come, Holy Spirit

      Breathtakingly beautiful!!

      11. PENTECOST - Rite of Kneeling

      Three kneelings during the liturgy is a special feature of the Pentecost Service. Here is how Maronite Church does this rite. The Rite of Kneeling dates back more than 1000 years for Maronite Church. Note the similarities with our service. ...

      12. More Resources for Trinity, Holy Spirit and Pentecost

      Trinity:
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Faith/Trinity/Default.htm

      Pentecost:
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Pentecost/Default.htm

      Malankara World Journal Special on Pentecost - 2012: Issue No: 78 May 24, 2012
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_78.htm

      13. Recipe: Pentecost Cake

      This is a delicious moist cake, inexpensive and easy to make. It is served with a strawberry frosting. ...

      14. Family Special: Bring Your Flowers Now!

      That's a good thing to remember about people you love - people who have impacted you as a Christian. Don't wait until their funeral to say it. Say it now.

      Go to them, or write them a letter or an e-mail or even a text and tell them what they mean to you - your husband, wife, child, friend, a spiritual leader - because you never know when you will have your last conversation with them. ..

      15. Inspirational: Someday Bread

      In life, with all its joys and sadness we learn and then we take those lessons into our future. On the day my beloved mom passed, I promised myself that my family would always come first. ..Today, all these years later, I am proud to say that I am very purposeful in prioritizing activities in my life so that meeting the needs of my family comes FIRST! ...

      16. Please Pray for the Release of Abducted Clergy in Syria

      17. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/

      Malankara World Journal