Role of women at home and in the Church

  • jose_ua
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2013
      Based on the Supreme Court of India advice; recommending  women's participation in the church affairs- has led to some  bishops overtly supporting their inclusion in governance of the church .  HH The Catholicose has issued a Kalpana making women equal participants in the General Body and Managing Committee,  to participate , vote and take executive and elected Posts with no spiritual posts be given nor any stage of priesthood being allowed.

      Ours is an Apostolic church founded by the apostle St.Thomas.  We must obey what the Holy Spirit  has instructed us through the Apostles. We must not be swayed by what the court says or by what seems to be a practical and intelligent and modern way out of this maze. Let us read what the word of God says.

      PRIVILEGES:
      Woman cannot be denied baptism or made ineligible to salvation  or unequal before God because of gender: St. Paul
      For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.  Galatians 3:27-28

      Women names are also mentioned in the book of life: St. Paul
      And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellow labourers, whose names are in the book of life.       Philippians 4:2-4

      DUTY
      Women must dress and behave modestly: St. Paul
       In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;   But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.      1 Timothy 2:8-10

      Young women must marry and bear children: St. Paul
      I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.   1 Timothy 5:13-15

      Older Women must be an example and guide younger women: St. Paul
      The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children.     Titus 2:2-5

      QUORUM from CREATION
      Women is under man and not independent from creation itself :  St. Paul
      Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.  For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.  Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.  1 Corinthians 11:9-11

      Women must not have authority over man : St. Paul
      But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve.  And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 1 Timothy 2:11-14

      QUORUM at HOME
      Married Women must be trust God and be subject to their husband: St. Peter
      For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement. 1 Peter 3:4-6

      QUORUM in CHURCH
      Women must be silent in the church:  St. Paul
      Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.  And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.     1 Corinthians 14:34-36

      Women are easily diverted from truth : St. Paul
      For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,     2 Timothy 3:5-7

      CAUTION to both MEN and WOMEN
      No one Man or Woman must disobey the  Lords commandment : St. Paul
      What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?  If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.  But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.  1 Corinthians 14:34-36

      Interceding in her name who is blessed Mary the mother of God. Pray for us now and always till the hour of our death. AMEN

      Jose