Malankara World Journal Issue 135 - Easter Special - (Mar 29, 2013)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2013
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 135 - Easter Special - (Mar 29, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 135
      Easter (Resurrection Day)
      Passion Week Special - 5

      1. Foreword

      Jesus has forced open a door that has been locked since the death of the first man. He has met, fought and beaten the King of Death. Everything is different because he has done so. This is the beginning of the New Creation; a new chapter in cosmic history has opened. ...

      2. Bible Readings for Easter Sunday (Mar 31)

      3. Sermons for Easter Sunday (Mar 31)

      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-for-Passion-week_Easter.htm

      4. Christ Is Risen! He Is Risen Indeed!

      I say to you this morning: CHRIST IS RISEN! I am convinced! I have faith that Christ was dead and he was buried. That I believe. But, this too I accept as true: He rose from the dead and will come again in glory. ..

      5. Christ Is Risen, Indeed He Is Risen

      The power, the evidence, the proof of the resurrection - it all begins with you and me as we embrace the Risen Christ and allow Him to do His work in our lives. May the joys of this Pascha season radiate through us all as we faithfully live in the glorious splendor of the Holy Resurrection of our Lord, God, and Savior, Jesus Christ. ...

      6. Featured: Resurrection Day!

      Below is the Paschal Homily of John Chrysostom, a sermon celebrating the glorious resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is traditionally read aloud in many Orthodox churches on Easter morning. ...

      7. The Jesus Movement: From Failure to Phenomenon

      If Jesus was just another dead messianic leader, His following would come to nothing. But it didn't. Despite the suppressive forces of the cross, the stake, the Colosseum, the gulag, and anti-religious legislation, lawsuits, speech codes, and political correctness, the kingdom has steadily advanced in hearts of men and in man's institutions. ...Outside of the truth of the Resurrection, the phenomenon of the Church is inexplicable - a fact that, itself, is sufficient to establish that the "faith once given" was given by none other than God. ...

      8. What We Know About Jesus and the Resurrection

      The following points are almost universally agreed upon by New Testament historians regardless of belief in miracles or their position on the resurrection itself. ...

      9. Victory over All

      So much happened at Calvary's cross over two thousand years ago; but ultimately, because of Jesus, we can celebrate victory! Jesus overcame sin and death so that we can have abundant life. Because of Jesus, we have total victory over anything that would try to hold us back in this life! ...

      10. Pascha: The Day The Lord Has Made (Psalm. 118,24)

      On the day of the Resurrection, we give thanks to God who has granted us victory through Jesus Christ, our Lord, and put an end to the power of sin, which brought death to our Lord. Jesus Christ is the first who rose from the dead. He destroyed death by His death, and opened unto us the doors of paradise, and bestowed upon us the fullness of life and of great mercy. ...

      11. Saint Gregory the Great on the Mystery of the Resurrection

       There are two lives; one of which we knew, the other we did not know of. The one is mortal, the other immortal; the one linked with human infirmity, the other to incorruption; one is marked for death, the other for resurrection. The Mediator between God and man, the Man Jesus Christ, came, and took upon Himself the one, and revealed to us the other. The one He endured by dying; the other He revealed when He rose from the dead. ...

      12. Easter Already?

      As Easter approaches, don't you often wonder why Christmas gets all the good press, while Easter is treated more like a very distant second cousin? After all, it's a commemoration of the greatest news ever proclaimed in history: Christ is alive and we are forgiven! Easter arrives with so little fanfare, we almost forget it's coming. ..

      13. Health: Tips for Minimizing Depression

      Depression can be rooted in a number of problems, and those need to be addressed - simply taking a pill is not usually effective treatment. Anger, fear and guilt can all be underlying causes, even when the person isn't aware he's experiencing those feelings. ..

      14. Recipe: Turkey Chili Makes a Great Healthy Meal

      After the long lent, it is time to indulge. Here is a recipe, developed by a physician, that is healthy and nutritious. The result is a rich, spicy red, green, and white chili loaded with good things. Try some of our spices to make a variety that is pleasing to your family.

      15. Happiness Comes from Giving Happiness

      Gaining happiness by giving happiness is a subject which requires careful thought and reflection. Happiness is not a thing, it's a condition – a state of mind. You cannot buy happiness. You have it within and must give expression to it yourself, -- otherwise you will not be happy. ...

      16. Family Special: One Man's Number One Love

      This is a man who understands that “winning scores and great reputations are meaningless in the eyes of the Lord, because He knows what we really are, and that is all that matters.” So put “devoted husband” above John Wooden's long list of accolades as greatest coach of all time, because that's who he really is..

      17. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/

      Malankara World Journal