“…love the LORD your God with all your he art…”

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2013

      “…love the LORD your God with all your heart…”

      [This was on the Tuesday of the Last Week of Christ]

      Mark12: 29-31: Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one. And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

      You first loved me, Lord, 1 John 4:10, 19. May I love you with perfect love, 1 John 4:12, 18.

      May the Holy Spirit impart your love to me, Rom. 5:5. May this love flow forth from me as living waters, John 7:37. Let me love others as you loved me, Lord, John 13:1,34. Let me learn to lay down my life for others, 1 John 3:16. Amen.

      • John 14:21: “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” From this verse we learn: We receive revelation of the Lord (“manifest Myself to him”) as we abide in love for Him (“He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me”). Jesus said this on the eve of His death.

      • Rom. 5:5: “…the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Let us often pray to be filled with the Spirit, Eph. 5:18-20.

      · John 13:34, 35: ”A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another...” Let us note: “as I have loved you.”

      Desiring to love God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength,

      Bro.Luke Shibu Podiyan
      Washington, D.C.

      "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
      Watch your words, they become actions.
      Watch your actions, they become habit.
      Watch your habits, they become character.
      Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."