Malankara World Journal Issue 133 - Maundy Thursday (Pes'ho)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2013

      The Malankara World Journal Issue 133 - Maundy Thursday (Pes'ho) and The New Commandment - (Mar 25, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS - Issue No: 133
      Maundy Thursday (Pes'ho) and The New Commandment
      Passion Week Special - 3

      1. Foreword

      2. Bible Readings for Maundy Thursday (Mar 27)

      3. Sermons for Maundy Thursday (Mar 27)

      4. Malankara World Passion Week Supplement and Daily Reflections

      Malankara World has a supplement that provides detailed information about Passion Week including articles, prayers, sermons, etc. You will find it here:

      Passion Week Supplement in Malankara World

      Malankara World has developed a daily plan of bible readings, meditations, reflections, and prayers for Passion Week. You will find it here:

      Today in Passion Week

      5. Maundy Thursday

      The word "Maundy" comes from the Latin word for commandment (mandatum), which Jesus talked about when he told his disciples that he was leaving them "a new commandment," that they "love one another." There were probably so many things going on in the disciples' minds in that upper room where they had their last supper together, including fear and bewilderment from Jesus telling them that someone in that very room would betray him. ...

      6. Featured: Passover/  Pes'ho/  Holy Last Supper

      The Holy Last Supper encourages us to look back with love and adoration to what He did for us on the cross and look forward with hope and anticipation to His coming again. Since we must be careful not to come to the Lord's table with known sin in our lives, the Holy Supper should also be an occasion for looking within, examining our hearts, and confessing our sins. ...

      7. Let Us Live With Him! Let Us Learn From Him! Pope's homily at the Mass of the Lord's Supper

      At this hour, when the Lord in the most holy Eucharist gives himself, his body and his blood, into our hands and into our hearts, let us be moved by his prayer. Let us enter into his prayer and thus beseech him: Lord, grant us faith in you, who are one with the Father in the Holy Spirit. Grant that we may live in your love and thus become one, as you are one with the Father, so that the world may believe...

      8. Living the Virtue of Humility

      The virtue of humility has no place in the divine nature of Christ, who being one God with the Father has no superior. But humility is an essential dimension of His human nature. And we know that the greater the dignity of a person, the greater merit there is in that person's virtue of humility. Since Christ has ultimate dignity - the dignity of divinity - the merit of His humility is beyond all human understanding.  ...

      9. A Beautiful Summary of Eucharistic Theology in an Antiphon by Aquinas

      The Eucharist is not only a meal, it is the making present of the Passion, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. In every mass, we are brought to the foot of the cross, and the fruits of that Cross are applied to us. ...

      10. Holy Thursday: Why Did Peter Object to Jesus' Washing His Feet?

      Even now, the Lord wants to wash our feet, through the ministry of those who have a share in his ministry and who act in his name. He desires to make us clean, to give us a share in his inheritance of everlasting life, through the Sacrament of Penance that we might worthily partake of his Body and Blood. ...

      11. Missionary Weapons

      Jesus said, "I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you" (John 13:15). Notice the kind of people that God brings around you, and you will be humiliated once you realize that this is actually His way of revealing to you the kind of person you have been to Him. Now He says we should exhibit to those around us exactly what He has exhibited to us.  ...

      12. Sequence of the Last Supper Events

      On Holy Thursday, let's examine the sequence of the Last Supper which pretty well illustrates why the Lord had to die for us. We will see how earnest the Lord is about this Last Supper, how he enters it with an intense love for his disciples and a desire that they (we) carefully heed what he is trying to teach them. We shall see however that the disciples (we) show forth a disastrous inattentiveness and a terrible lack of concern for the Lord.

      13. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Malankara World Journal