Malankara World Journal Issue 127 Focus: Great Lent Week 4 - Faith (Feb 28, 2013)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2013
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 127 Focus: Great Lent Week 4 - Faith (Feb 28, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 127
      Focus: Great Lent Week 4 - Faith

      1. Foreword

      There are times we get desperate. Why isn't god answering our prayers? Why is this thing happening to me when I am a good Christian. It is good to remember in those times that God answers our prayers in his own time. Do not lose hope. Be persistent. ...

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (Mar 3)

      Fourth Sunday of Great Lent (Canaanite woman)

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (Mar 3)

      4. Featured: Great Is Your Faith! Be It Done for You as You Desire

      Jesus praised this woman for her faith and for her love because she made the misery of her child her own. She was willing to suffer rejection in order to obtain healing for her loved one. She also had indomitable persistence. Her faith grew in contact with the person of Jesus. She began with a request and she ended on her knees in worshipful prayer to the living God. No one who ever sought Jesus with faith - whether Jew or Gentile - was refused his help. ...

      5. Teaching the Teacher: Letter to a Canaanite Woman

      Did you teach the Teacher? I think you did. Because of you and your fierce need, God's own Son himself came to see his life's work as bigger than before. What he had not thought to look for in anyone like you, he saw: faith. He saw your tenacious conviction that he could help, and amazed, he did. ...

      6. Meditations for Lent: Canaanite Woman, An Example of Faith

      This week, as we continue the fast, let us pray that our efforts toward being open to God will lead us to a richer understanding of His nature, as we read Sacred Scripture. We can then contemplate the Life of Christ, bringing Him to the forefront of our lives. In doing so, our faith will be fed. ...

      7. From No Faith to a Mountain-top of Meaning: Father John Nepil

      (He) broke into my life and spoke the truth. I experienced the forgiveness of God and the beauty of it in confession. I saw the beauty and the goodness of (God's) presence in Eucharistic adoration. ...

      8. The Christian Faith Is Not a Leap in the Dark

      From what I've observed, both children and adults in Christian circles struggle at times with the things they are called to believe in. God seems like a distant idea. Doctrine seems far removed from day-to-day life. At times, you or someone you love may be tempted with the thought, "I wonder if God, salvation, heaven and hell is all just a made up fairy tale." ...

      9. Stand Firm in Your Faith

      Throughout the Bible, those who followed Jesus Christ endured much persecution and hardship from those who despised the Lord and His followers. But the saints of God never gave up. ...

      10. A Planned trip to Manjanikkara and Unexpected Blessings at Manarcad

      My reasoning mind took a long break, blind faith and gratitude took dominance, my heart was content and my mind quite at home without conflict. It was as if my silent prayers were not so silent and someone listened and answered. ...

      11. Malankara World Great Lent Supplement

      Great Lent is the time for personal reflection, meditation, reconciliation, and prayer. Malankara World has a great resource that helps you accomplish that. We provide you daily reflections, meditations, prayer, bible readings etc. If you had been with us last year, you will find that this year's offering has expanded. Read the articles about how to practice lent. Then do the reading for the day specified. We will guide you week by week. You can find the resources here.

      Malankara World Great Lent Supplement http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Lent/Default.htm

      Daily Reflections - Bible Readings, reflections and prayers for each day of the week: Week 4 of Great Lent

      Nombu Kaala Chinthakal - Deepam Bible Study (Malayalam):

      12. FAQs About Hormones: Are Hormones the Key to Good Health and Happiness?

      A lot of the symptoms we normally associate with aging - muddied thinking, weight gain, tiring easily - are actually occurring because of diminished hormone production..

      13. Recipe: Warm and Spicy Salad

      14. Family Special: God Wants His Job Back

      It helps to see that we need to be able to juggle a lot: home, school, family, careers, and church duties. The problem lies with our failure to know where to draw the line; to differentiate between leading and bossing; to know the difference between taking charge and taking over. ...

      15. Humor: Sunday Service

      16. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Malankara World Journal