Any good we do, is Christ living in us

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2012
      Dear Prof: E.S John:
      You wrote"We received Jesus at the time of baptism. Commitment is there, but to become victorious over Satan is a Herculean task. some people do win over the enemy; some can't. Those who can't cannot be blamed outright. We have to give allowance and pray for their win through trials and tribulations. We have made decisions also, but how many can stick on to the firm decision?"

      Apostle Paul exhorts his readers in his magnificient letter to Philippians I can do all things through Christ ,who strengthens me. (Phil 4:13)

      Another powerful word in John 3:16 says
      For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

      As a Christian, be a good receiver. Understand what a wonderful gift we’ve been given!

      What I wrote was not a message of condemnation but simply a message of warning from the word of God.Our God is still in the miracle business even 2012!The fear of the Lord keep you away from sin.Please read Proverb 16:6, Jer 32:40 Ps 34:9 “So brace up your minds; be sober”: Christians walking in godly fear and are kept by grace can be confident that the grace that will come to them at Christ’s appearing will cover their imperfections. Such is the goodness and faithfulness of God. With this hope, let us brace up our minds, and live soberly (1 Pet. 1:14-17) as we wait for the coming of the Lord. This is a state of consecration that is sustained by continual prayer, meditation on the Word, . Heb.9:28: “To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time…”

      If you look at other people, you’ll be disappointed because you’ll spend your life comparing yourself to how this or that person lives instead of focusing on how God wants you to live.
      Christian faith is christ and christ alone.Are we live for Jesus or are we against Him?Do we want to 'date' Jesus on sunday only or every day of the week?
      Christ is our life.He is the source of life.If we don't have the life of Jesus We are nothing but Pharasie!Forget about the world but seek the Word.If you look at Jesus, you’ll never fail. He’s the one who is your true example. So, as you live the Christian life, keep your eyes focused upon Jesus because eternal life with him is the prize at the end of the race!
      While so many people today only focus on what’s visible there’s an invisible realm that’s just as real and just as active as the physical world you see.Yet as you go about your daily life, it can be easy to forget that truth.

      THE BIBLE IS CLEAR THAT HELL IS REAL. SO LIVE YOUR LIFE TO TELL OTHERS HOW TO ESCAPE IT THROUGH A RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS!

      AS WE LIVE THE CHRISTIAN LIFE, KEEP YOUR FOCUS ON JESUS, NOT OTHERS!

      It is really not my job to observe what others are doing. But we have the responsibility to our fellow christians. Ezek 33:8 "When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you will surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood".

      Jesus gave His disciple the great commission. That was to go into all the world and preach the everlasting gospel. As Christians, if we have accepted the atoning blood of Jesus Christ, then we are justified by accepting Him as Savior. However, a True Christian is one who is practicing to be like Christ. Jesus was never concerned about who was a follower or not, He simply invited them to walk with Him. They were free to walk with Him, but remember they also had the choice to walk away. The Word says, when Jesus told the people He was the "Bread of Life" and they must eat His flesh, some of the people turned away from Him and followed Him no more.
      Even though one can accept Christ one day, it is possible to turn away and do our own thing, thinking we are righteous. The only way any of us can achieve "Saving Righteousness" is by surrendering our lives and letting God live out His life in us. Then it is not I, but Christ Who does any good through me. That's why Paul says, we have nothing to be puffed up about or to boast. Any good we do, is Christ living in us.We can not take credit for it! The Pathway is in following His Word from Genesis to Revelations. John 5:39 Jesus told a group that they search the scriptures which testified of Him and you think you have eternal life. and 2 Cor. 13:5 tells us to "examine ourselves" whether we are in the faith.
      Let the Holy Spirit guide you into all truth. The Truth is in God's Word

      Peace

      Thankful for your prayers.
      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington, D.C.
    • shibu podiyan
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2012
        Dear Mrs: Susan Eapen:
        Thank you for asking, dear sister Susan Eapen
        Matt. 5:44-48: The heart of the teaching is: "But I say to you, love your
        enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for
        those who spitefully use you and persecute you. Therefore you shall be perfect,
        just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

        This is a new teaching, beyond the Old Testament. Possible? Yes, to the one who
        believes, and looks for grace to the One who said it. If we are obeying this,
        the Spirit is guiding us to perfection. I am much blessed by these words of the
        Lord. See how complete the Lord’s teaching is: If we have grace to love those
        who do not love us, and pray for them, such love can embrace all, and thus
        fulfill all of God’s requirements, Rom.13: 8-10.

        Lord, we trust you for grace to love and bless those who trouble us; let us do
        good to them; let us pray for them, Lord, as you prayed on the cross. May the
        Holy Spirit fill our heart with your love, Lord, Rom. 5:5. Amen.

        When I seem to be failing: I must humbly confess, and pray in faith. Climbing a
        mountain is done in small steps, not in leaps. Mount Zion is for the humble, for
        the patient, for the diligent. Remember: God is faithful to give grace. When I
        seem to be failing, but yet am looking to God, I am in fact making progress in
        grace. See how Jesus loved those who crucified Him, Luke 23:34: Father, forgive
        them, for they do not know what they do. When we remember Jesus, we receive
        grace. Pr 4:23-24 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the
        issues of life.24 Put away from thee a forward mouth, and perverse lips put far
        from thee.

        Watch your heart, for your words come out of your heart.
        Watch your Words, they become actions
        Watch your Actions, they become habits
        Watch your Habits, they become character
        Watch your Character, for it becomes your Destiny

        Consider the opportunities we have to show kindness and speak kind words to
        those who are not kind to us.

        Thankful for opportunities to love as Jesus loved,
        Shibu Podiyan, Washington, D.C.
      • ES John
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 4:48 PM

          Dear Mr.Shibu Podiyan,
          Your heading, “Any good we do, is Christ living in us” is
          itself fallacious and unchristian because the faith that impel us to do
          anything good should not land in the territory of self-righteousness. Mere word
          or verse play is not spirituality. You are just duplicating the aim which the
          bible writers aspired for everybody to practice, but it doesn’t happen that way
          due to our inner conflicts created by the devil. God’s grace which is
          ever-flowing from the throne of Grace is to be received whole-heartedly by the recipient.
          This grace of God who is holy is to be accomplished by a holy recipient.
          “Apostle Paul exhorts his readers in his magnificent letter
          to Philippians I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil
          4:13”)
          I agree all what you say in theory, but to achieve the
          result is our dispute. 6 billion people appear in different shape and
          appearance, proving that everyone is a micro earth that attract and repel. How
          can we change the world? Jesus changed to an extent at the sacrifice of His own
          life; if you want to change it, die for the world, because an atheistic and
          agnostic world of high –tech is also a headache to God. He can’t change the
          word and its inhabitants, so He has to kill all the wicked and hijack the good ones
          from this sod is the only real answer.
          Jesus taught that if you have faith, you can move mountains.
          Can we move a small hill? St.paul was transported to paradise; how many times
          you and I have visited Paradise. Jesus met St.Paul on
          the road to Damascus, how many
          times have Jesus visited us?  If you
          repeat a verse of st.paul, that doesn’t make you a st.paul. This is what I
          think you are doing. Jesus shed His blood for us, so what. We are to be saved
          only by our own faith and work which should please God, otherwise this is not religion
          that we are professing; this is individualism or avanavanism.
          Self-conceitedness breeds self-righteousness. Faith is the product of
          sacramental life.  The proof is that Jesus
          started His public ministry only after receiving His baptism as only a model
          for us, but received the ritual of Circumcision and the entry into the temple,
          though He was the anointed one before His birth. The Pentecostals start their
          Christian life at the age of 30, whereas the paradox is that they are saved
          from the day of their birth. The Orthodox begins their life with baptism and tries
          to grow upward.

          “The fear of the Lord keeps you away from sin. Please read
          Proverb 16:6, Jer 32:40 Ps 34:9 “.
           If one doesn’t fear
          God what can you do? Can you make one fear or love? You can preach only to
          Christians. How would you convert the nominal Christians, atheists, agnostics
          and pagans? Altercation happens when we force somebody to do something which he
          doesn’t like.  God so loved the world, so
          also we love the world, but in diverse and opposite directions.
          “The fear of the Lord keeps you away from sin. Please read
          Proverb 16:6, Jer 32:40 Ps 34:9”
          Those who fear God won’t say that they are saved,
          and “I can do all things in Christ”, because Satan who is so powerful also work
          against God through our complex body system. The Orthodox way is to submit at
          the feet of God with the prayer, “Almighty God, have pity on me a sinner”.