Re: MOSC Media Wing

  • ES John
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 21, 2012
      Dear Mr. John Jacob,
      It
      is a pity that one or two persons have responded to this topic because some
      people think that they lose the proximity which brings some advantages of
      certain bishops or clergies, if they support this issue. It is a principle or a
      discipline that everyone has freedom of expression in a democratic set up. If
      the clerical hierarchy is perfect in their assigned duties and live like role
      models, we don’t have any qualms, but if they can use the church mass media as
      the weapons of disseminating heretical theses and social profligacy which goes
      unnoticed by the watch dog , as happened by publishing certain articles that
      cut the tap root of our Orthodox faith and moral standards in The Malankara
      Sabha magazine and other conveying outlets, the laity should wake up and see
      that they have an allocated role to play.  Today’s theological individualism,
      ‘avanavanism’ that scavenging upon the apostolic faith is a sign of the
      apocalyptic church. Censorship or monopoly of the faith recipe is an explosive
      issue which may backfire detrimentally. The Moderators haven’t responded at all
      their opinions with regards to this issue, despite they spent mid-night oil and
      their energy to develop this site to this standard, so also other mass media
      channels. The laity that played a paramount role during the 100-year war with
      the Jacobites was significant, but the clerical hierarchy didn’t care anything and
      left everything to the middle men and the lawyers for their money-play, driving
      the church to this level of degradation and public scorn. Our Supreme Court solicitor’s
      autobiography is a standing monument to portray our inefficiencies and
      inactions. If the members of the church echelon complain that there is no
      discipline in the church, what should the mute laity to do? We need a second
      opinion of our actions and inactions, for which the laity’s pivotal role is
      important.   A rubber stamp Laity
      Association which sings the chorus of hero worship is not enough for the church
      to become the tongue of the people. Don’t allow to put the bridle in the laity’s
      mouth and manipulate the power and money games according to the whims and
      fancies of certain politics-playing clerics and their lay cronies.

      Even
      Jesus was democratic in asking about the opinions about the Son of man to His
      disciples who were not apostles with clerical authority then. The HolyChurchwas founded on the confession of faith, “you are
      the Christ the son of the living God”, Mt.16: 16, uttered by the lay member
      St.Peter. The clerical authority of the forgiveness of sin was given later to
      all the chosen disciples together, Mt.18: 18, Jn.20: 23.  A priest cannot celebrate the holy liturgy,
      if no lay member is present.
      Catholicate
      Day pledge was used to be read out by Secretary or the Trustee of the church
      before, but now by the priest in many parishes. The Bride used to be adorned
      with ‘Mantra kodi’ by the groom before, but now by the celebrant; a day is not
      far away that ‘minnu kettu’ duty also will be taken over by the celebrant. The
      senior altar Asst. used to put ‘kupayam’ on the new assistants and lead him to
      the sanctuary for kissing the corners, but this has become a job of the priest lately.
      Thus there are many such reformations and counter-reformations taking place in
      our worship places and church vicinities, as and when the money and position
      became the language of religiosity during the doomsday culture.

      don’t know the reason why our site Moderators is mooted out on this vital topic.
      Constructive criticism is a creative process, the reason that the freedom of
      expression is allowed as the fundamental right to every individual in a
      democratic venue. Even our first parents, sinners, were allowed to express
      their opinions when they were hiding due to their nakedness, and thus a
      constructive remedy was assigned and executed by God. Moderators, why do you
      keep quiet, do you have any personal axe to grind? If you keep silent, our
      church also will become a carbon copy of HH Thomas 1. This is a question that
      has the mantle of Mordeccai’s grumbling against queen Esther.
       I, therefore, request the moderators to take
      up the problem with the Holy Synod for their reconsideration and for a balanced
      opinions on all faith-related matters.

    • RinuSam
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 27, 2012
        Dear john sir
        Regarding "ManthraKodi"can you explain the significance behind it based on Christian(orthodox) faith?
        In Hindu tradition this Called" PUDAVAKODUPPU"What this the relation of this in Christian faith/tradition
        Best regards
        Rinu Sam Nairobi

        --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, ES John <john_aliceau@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > became the language of religiosity during the doomsday culture.

        > don’t know the reason why our site Moderators is mooted out on this vital topic.
        > Constructive criticism is a creative process, the reason that the freedom of
        > expression is allowed as the fundamental right to every individual in a
        > democratic venue. Even our first parents, sinners, were allowed to express
        > their opinions when they were hiding due to their nakedness, and thus a
        > constructive remedy was assigned and executed by God. Moderators, why do you
        > keep quiet, do you have any personal axe to grind? If you keep silent, our
        > church also will become a carbon copy of HH Thomas 1. This is a question that
        > has the mantle of Mordeccai’s grumbling against queen Esther.
        >  I, therefore, request the moderators to take
        > up the problem with the Holy Synod for their reconsideration and for a balanced

      • john_jacob_email
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 18, 2012
          Regardless of whether the Methrans have a direct role or not, I am inclined to believe that they at least have a strong influencing role in the working of ICON. As such, on the one side, ICON is fast being reduced to more or less being a mouth-piece of the Malankara Orthodox Sabha and, on the other, cultish forces are gaining strength within it (and the Sabha) as well.

          Politics has been the primary driving force in the Malankara Orthodox Sabha - a politics directed not a strengthening spirituality and the well-being of the commoner-laity within the Sabha at large, but one that is aimed at gaining 'staanam & maanam' within the Sabha for the 'privileged lot', which primarily happens to be the clergy. On their part many in the clergy are busy 'managing' this same 'staanam & maanam' psychology upon the laity in their attempts to retain control over the Church Administration. On the other hand, one of the laity who chooses not to be a hypocrite and does well in Kerala Politics is sought to be harassed no ends for all the wrongs that happen to the Sabha.

          To conclude, I have always held the view that the Church is a place for knowing the GREATNESS OF GOD - not of man. As such, I do not think that I am in a position to fault someone who has chosen to leave the Sabha in disgust. After all, the spiritual aspects are just as important; aren't they?

          Yours in Christ!

          John Jacob
          Pune
        • jose_ua
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 19, 2012
            Leaving the church is not the correct solution. Those who leave or planning to leave are doing only for non spiritual reasons i.e. because they are being denied positions in the present setup.

            There is nothing wrong in the orthodox faith or worship. This faith does not belong to the clergy or any ONE person or group in the MOSC exclusively. It belongs to each and every member of the church.

            What have Catholics in Kerala gained ( Servitude to Pope), What have
            the Protestants gained ( servitude to false doctrines ), what have the Jacobites gained ( servitude to Patriarch). At least we are free!

            Please don't judge all members of MOSC in the same scale. Most of us are simple, god fearing people.

            The scriptures say

            For the Lord knows the way of the righteous,
            But the way of the ungodly shall perish. ( Psalms 1:6)

            Burn not your house to fright the mouse away.

            S/d
            Jose

            --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "john_jacob_email" <john_jacob_email@...> wrote:

            > Regardless of whether the Methrans have a direct role or not, I am inclined to believe that they at least have a strong influencing role in the working of ICON. As such, on the one side, ICON is fast being reduced to more or less being a mouth-piece of the Malankara Orthodox Sabha and, on the other, cultish forces are gaining strength within it (and the Sabha) as well.
            >
            > Politics has been the primary driving force in the Malankara Orthodox Sabha - a politics directed not a strengthening spirituality and the well-being of the commoner-laity within the Sabha at large, but one that is aimed at gaining 'staanam & maanam' within the Sabha for the 'privileged lot', which primarily happens to be the clergy. On their part many in the clergy are busy 'managing' this same 'staanam & maanam' psychology upon the laity in their attempts to retain control over the Church Administration. On the other hand, one of the laity who chooses not to be a hypocrite and does well in Kerala Politics is sought to be harassed no ends for all the wrongs that happen to the Sabha.
            >
            > To conclude, I have always held the view that the Church is a place for knowing the GREATNESS OF GOD - not of man. As such, I do not think that I am in a position to fault someone who has chosen to leave the Sabha in disgust. After all, the spiritual aspects are just as important; aren't they?
            >
            > Yours in Christ!
            >
            > John Jacob
            > Pune

          • ES John
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 20, 2012
              Dear Mr.Jose,
              "Leaving the church is not the correct solution. Those who leave or
              planning to leave are doing only for non spiritual reasons i.e. because
              they are being denied positions in the present setup."

              Mr.John Jacob didn't say that he was going out of the church. What he said was that people should have the freedom of expression, but if the hierarchy tries to remote- control everything, it will have its own backlashes. These backlashes find its expression like people leaving the church and not making full participation in the parish and spiritual lives. Wherever we are, everyone should be allowed to express his opinions, and that should be taken in the right spirit too. To obey our hierarchy is our duty also. We can't question everything in a cynical way because people are different. Give respect to all what we do and what others do without hurting the individual freedom that is allowed in a democratic set up. Bringing the private mass media under the control of the church is not a healthy situation, as different views on a topic can't be entertained and understood by a handful of controllers sitting at the helm of affairs. the hierarchy itself make
              many wrong decisions and mistakes. The church should look into this important issue and revoke the decision due to the detrimental effects.