Re: [ MOSC ] Re: "DOUBTING THOMAS"

  • alice mathai
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 16, 2011
      Dear Jose
      It is a privilege to know Our Lord Jesus. the source is important not the means. let only and only Jesus Christ intercede for us because Him dwells the Godhead.
      please go Turku Hebrews 7 for a better understanding.

      A22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
      23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
      24 But this [man], because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
      25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.lice

      Alice.

    • ES John
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 16, 2011
        Dear Alice Mathai,

        Kindly read the following article, "Do we need a priest?, that is reposted after shortening it, for your better understanding.
        E.S.John, Australia

        Do
        we need a priest?

        Jesus cried out on the cross: “It is finished". Does it mean that the role
        of the priesthood also come to a stop by the redemption of Jesus’ blood, as
        claimed by some Protestant churches? I received certain questions on this topic
        for my comments from an Internet writer. Being forced to give you the questions
        and answers in shortened length, I give only a gist of my answers. His
        questions have biblical references to: (1 pet 2:9); 1. Cor. 4:1: Mat. 27:51; Heb.
        4:14-16; 1. Tim. 2:5; Heb. 7:23–28).

         It is finished. Yes, the redemptive
        process of earning salvation by blood sacrifice is finished by the Calvary
        crucifixion, but that dawned the age of the Holy Spirit to continue the same in
        the NT period. It doesn't mean that the priesthood is abolished because the earning
        of salvation is a continuous process that goes till we come to the Last
        Judgement. Therefore, He abolished the first in order to establish the second
        covenant, Heb.10: 9. 1.Pet.2: 9, has a connecting reference to Exo.19: 6 and
        Rev.5: 10, where it says that Israelites `is a kingdom of priests and a holy
        nation'. He formed the church as the "kingdom and priests to our God, and
        they shall reign on earth", Rev.5: 10, certainly pertains to the church (holy
        nation, and its royal hierarchical priesthood’. Though it was a kingdom of
        priests, only the Levites were chosen as their priests, not from any other
        tribes in OT period; similarly only the anointed one of the church from any
        tribe or place in the world is allowed to be the priests in the second
        covenant. Therefore, a way for everyone is opened to serve as a priest in the church,
        1.Cor.4: 1. Mt.27: 51 signifies that the wall of separation between the Father
        and His children is torn apart by the sacrifice of Jesus who opened the way to
        the Father, Jn.14: 6.
         The confluence of the Melchizedekan and
        Aaronite priesthood was established `to fulfill all righteousness’, Mt.3: 15,
        at river Jordan .
        This `all righteousness' pertains to the eternal Melchizedekan and Aaronite
        union of priesthood. This was the reason for Jesus to receive the baptism from
        the Levite John the Baptist at the age of 30, just before commencing His public
        ministry. Jesus started His public ministry only after this recognition (High
        priestly consecration, Heb.7: 23-28,) from above at the age of 30, just before
        He was led to be tempted by the Devil in the wilderness, Mt.4: 1.

        Treating this High-priestly consecration as an ordinary baptism, the
        Pentecostals don't accept the sacrament of infant baptism, thinking that the
        Pentecostal baptism in the creek at the age of 30, not at river Jordan, make a
        person of the high priestly order. Even Jesus the High priest received His
        baptism by a Levite priest. If Jesus had to receive the Aaronite priesthood
        before His ministry in this world, there is no meaning in the charismatic
        groups' shunning of the NT priesthood order, the essential ingredient for one’s
        salvation. Jesus passed on this priesthood to His apostles who transmitted the
        same to the next successive anointing through the centuries. The NT sacrifice
        is a bloodless sacrifice, the prologue of which was done by Melchizedek
        offering bread and wine to Abraham, Gen.14: 18; thereby the Father of faith
        promising to give the tithes to Melchizedek. This bloodless sacrifice was
        offered by the High Priest Melchizedek Himself, celebrated with bread and wine
        in St.mark's mansion during His Last Supper with His apostles, just before
        spilling His blood at Golgotha .

        Key to the kingdom of Heaven
        We need a priest because the
        priestly authority which forgives the sin of the repenting believers is the key
        to Heaven. This authority was first promised, not given, to His apostle Peter,
        Mt.16: 19 (I will give you…), then repeated this promise to all His 12
        apostles, Mt.18: 18. A resurrected Christ gave it really to all His apostles by
        breathing on them, Jn.20: 21-23, 27; and by blessing by His hands, Lk.24:
        50-51, Mt.28: 18-20. The bestowing of this priestly authority was culminated on
        the day of Pentecost. The tongue by which the confessor forgives our sins is
        the key to Heaven.
        There was a mediator between man and God in OT period, Heb. 5. Jesus is the
        only mediator between God and man, between the OT and NT. There is a spiritual
        hierarchy in Heaven, so also on earth. Then who is the mediator between Jesus
        and man? Because the Son of man finished His work on earth and given the
        overseering charge to the Holy Spirit who broods over the church from the day
        of Pentecost, the priest is the one who is in between man and Jesus interceding
        through the Holy Spirit. If Jesus the Word Incarnate is the mediator between
        man and God, the mediator between the Holy Spirit and man is the anointed man,
        clerics like Aaron or the church hierarchy, the reason for the apostles to
        elect Deacons, priests and bishops to administer the sacraments to the people.
        Just as there was anointing in the OT, the Aaronite anointing continued from
        Moses and Aaron, the Levites, through the High priest Zechariah, the father of
        John the Baptist who passed it on to Jesus by baptizing Him at Jordan, and the
        Lamb gave it to His apostles and continuing till today by the successive
        generations of clerics by laying of hands and anointing with oil. These clerics
        are the empowered or authorized ones to work on behalf of the church to mediate
        between the Son of man and lay believers. The sacrifice served by the clerics
        is accepted by the Saviour for transmitting it to the Father. This acceptance
        is notified to the Holy Spirit by the Father that He has reconciled to the
        sinful humanity, Lk.11: 13. The prayer or the liturgy offered by the clerics go
        through the prayer of the incense of the saints, with golden bowls full of
        incense of the saints, 24 elders and living creatures, Rev.5: 8., before it
        reaches to the throne of the Lamb. Thus the cycle is completed just like a
        prick of the skin by a pin is communicated to the brain which gives consent for
        the hand to give protection to that part or the body.

        Thus Jesus is the High priest who sits at the right hand of God to accept our
        supplications that are offered by His anointed representative for passing it on
        to the Father Almighty.E.S.John

      • RinuSam
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 17, 2011
          Dear All
          St.Thomas came to know the resurrected Jesus Christ personally touching his wounds and not the son of Man Jesus Christ before resurrection!Here the context is very important!Apostle Thomas touched the resurrected body of Christ and he became a strong witness/disciple of Christ and preached Christ/gospel in the far east!
          the means of understanding Jesus Christ varies from man to man!This is a universal truth!
          Best regards
          Rinu Sam
        • ES John
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 20, 2011
            Dear Rinu sam,

            I don't have a clue the context in what sense you wrote this. He touched and realized who the son of Man was. This is the only case it was proved that jesus was the son of Man or son of God. We adore St.thomas because he got this opportunity to testify the world the foundation of the theology 'My Lord and God'.

          • RinuSam
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 21, 2011
              Dear John Sir
              please refer to the death and resurrection of Lazarus of Bethany,whereby Jesus told to Martha(sister of Lazarus)"I AM THE RESURRECTION and LIFE"(John 11:25-26)"Who ever believes in me though he die,yet shall he live"!and after Jesus told Mary(sister of Martha)If she believes in Christ,she would see the glory of God!This is exactly happened with St.Thomas he wanted see Jesus and experience the Glory of God!This happened to St.Thomas when he touched wounded body of Christ, and he confessed"MY LORD AND MY GOD"The real experience of Life and Resurrection!
              With regards
              Rinu Sam