Re: The Vidyarambam Project

  • ES John
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2011
      Dear Rinu Sam,

      "Your mere allegation of wasting devotees valuable time are to be treated like Parisee who used to critisize Jesus Christ!"

      Your naked insult of labelling me as a Pharisee and secondly of my venture in wasting devotee's time as mere laughing materials that worth as cheap as chips is a standing monument of your farcical spirituality of a puritan Pharisee.

      1.Who is a Pharisee? One who knows the rule and law but uses it for one's own material benefits is labelled as a Pharisee, in Jesus' words 'the white sepulchered appearance'. One who can't spell the word Pharisee, as quoted above, is criticising and labelling others as Pharisees are mere insipid jokes. The people who volunteer for ecumenicism and multi-faith agenda for material benefits and survival techniques, without knowing the meaning of orthodox mysticism, call others bluntly as a pharisee is the real pharisee. Mt.23 elucidates the meaning of this term. During the time of Jesus, the business class that accrued so much of wealth were called Sadducees because e they didn't care about religion and the commandments. Such liberals who controlled today's Church are Sadducees. They sent the peripheral-minded believers called pharisees to the other extreme, like fanaticism and fundamentalism of today. Don't make extremism, walk along the middle track. The
      Roman church and the Protestants that come to the either side of the middle lane, Orthodox churches, are heretical in make-up and attribute infallibility to the Pope and the bible respectively, whereas the orthodox church gives importance or infallibility to the church. This was the case when the Redeemer came during the first time. The middle lane was the melchizadekian merger with that of the Aaronite priesthood and witnessed by John the Baptist as the herald for the real one. Just as the Jews, chosen ones of God, borrowed pagan and irreligious elements, the Orthodox of the present time is also intermingling the heretical and worldly ingredients into our faith. Though the apostles hailed form the fish industry market and local officials, some of them were the disciples of John the Baptist, the forerunner of the Lamb of God, Jn.1: 35-42. As the middle lane believers waiting eagerly for the Messiah, the Orthodox should have spent all their time in
      instilling the world about the second coming of the Lord. We have become mere traders of a celebrating Christianity that resembles the cosmetic Pharisees of Christ's day. Tell the world and the christian sects to go and baptize and feed the converted with the Body of Christ. Instead of becoming a proponent of peripheral Christianity it is our duty to teach the sterling faith that make us as the greatest in heaven. The money culture that made the Sadducees of today has driven the nominal faith adherents to the other extreme and the catalytic agent is the god of Mammon for sure. But we don't have many pharisees in our church because the omnivorous taste of epicureanism and power game has been tasted and the religious obesity which sanction liberalism and a smell of cosmetic paganism, making the the end doesn't know the beginning now is the ethos of the church now. Such new projects like vidyarabam, cultural programmes and choir, sports etc. are taking
      opportunities to become public celebrities at the expense of the pure Orthodox faith which didn't know these new jargon till lately.

      Who is a devotee in our church? Making all the filth of the secular and social agenda and dumping in the church for one's own megalomania is not a devotee. A devotee is one like Prophet Samuel's mother who prays with out even moving the lips is a real devotee, so also is the widow who spent 84 years in the church to witness the God's chosen Son. Our church worship these days resemble like a carnival and attending it like in the style of a Sunday club with so much of paraphernalia is not real worship. Was there any vidyarambam public show in your childhood? Didn't you learn and secure a job, at least for your livelihood, though you may not be a pedagogue or demagogue? How many people of your peers or friends have become like you? Some may have acquired higher positions than yours, and some others who couldn't even pass the high school level. Whether you join vidyarambam class or not, all are not destined to be Einsteins. There are scholars, genetic
      elites, subnormal and abnormal characters who can't be changed only by education.'Genius is born, not made'. Do you think that all those who  are baptized and married in Parumala are all becoming like Parumala Thirumeni. These devotional shows are only like the snake that peels off its skin and yet remain as snakes. Such hypocrites are called Pharisees. We don't have to go to parumala to pray to parumala thirumeni; one can pray to the saint by going into any church or at home. As we have the excesses of fossil money, people rush to Parumala as a holiday or pretending as pilgrimage. Even 'padayathra' people go there with a big loud speaker set and decorations of the vehicle, while the pretending devotees are talking and gossipping about others. It is alleged that one senior bishop went to Parumala and stole away Parumala thirumeni's 'amshavadi'. Where is it now? Instead of private practice and public service, what we have apparently now is 'public
      practice and private service'. This hypocrisy is called Pharisee's yeast, making the temple as a den of robbers.
       I don't try to waste the time of others. Mostly I get some appreciation from my readers, whereas I rarely get few backbiting like what you have made. I get some queries from Internet readers privately for my comments. I wrote two pieces on 'cross prostration' to a reply that I received by one of our bishop's brother and another Internet reader to write about an article by another bishop who published his article in Malankara Sabha arguing that 'sleeba vannanavu' is an idol worship. They may publish the Malayalam version in the same magazine soon.
      The following is another piece received today by an ICON reader for my comments. It takes a long time to answer these portions; I do it as a
      mission work, though my health is detrimental.

      "Do we need a priest ?
      But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are
      royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result,
      you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the
      darkness into his wonderful light.(1 pet 2:9)
      God is equally accessible to all the faithful, and every Christian has equal potential to minister for God.
      1 Corinthians 4:1: "No one should regard us as anything else than ministers of Christ and dispensers of the mysteries of God."
       When the thick temple veil that
      covered the doorway to the Holy of Holies was torn in two by God at the
      time of Christ's death (Matthew 27:51),
      God was indicating that the Old Testament priesthood was no longer
      necessary. Now people could come directly to God through the great High
      Priest, Jesus Christ (Hebrews 4:14-16). There are now no earthly mediators between God and man as existed in the Old Testament priesthood (1 Timothy 2:5).

      The Epistle to the Hebrews calls Jesus the supreme "high priest," who offered himself as a perfect sacrifice (Hebrews 7:23–28)".
      I would be grateful to you if you would write your opinions on these questions, so that i can relax, provided you give a balanced view of the topic.

      I post another appreciation I got on the 12-10-2011

      Dear Uncle,

      How
      are you? I hope you and your family are doing well.  I recently
      finished reading your book The Unholy Betrothal The Abomination of
      Desolation.  I must say that it is a very unique, rich,
      and extremely thought provoking work and it is truly a privilege for me
      to have read it.  Thank you again Uncle for graciously
      giving me a copy along with all the other books.  The parts in the
      book especially addressing Adam and Eve, the position of St. Peter, the comparisons
      with certain aspects of Hinduism, the Western culture, and the events
      associated with the return of Christ were all very captivating and
      highly beneficial.  I
      agree very much with your view on the issue of women’s ordination that
      it is totally against the faith and teachings of our Church.  Do
      you think that we will see this development soon in our Church? Also
      how close do you think we are to the reign of the Anti-Christ and the
      second coming of Christ especially in light of the increasing tensions
      throughout the world, particularly in the Middle East? I have often
      wondered why many of our clergy do not preach or teach much about these
      essential subjects and I hope to learn more about these issues in an
      Orthodox context if possible.  Please convey my regards to your loved
      ones.  Please keep me in your prayers.

      Sincerely,

      George

      Understand that I am not a Pharisee and wasting the time of the armchair religious pedants and seeming philanthropists.

      E.s.John,
      Australia

    • RinuSam
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2011
        Dear John Sir
        First of all,i beg your pardon
        that I did not deliberately insult you!But what I said was that the intention/motive of H.G. Dr.Geevarghese Mar Osthathios was not making money through the project or making publicity in the name of formal learning of our orthodox kids when he initiated the project!

        secondly in old testament(Deut6:4-9)..... The Lord alone -your God....."Teach them to your children,.......tie them on your arms and wear them on your foreheads as a reminder....."
        The inner meaning (not the literal )these words are originally meant by H.G. Osthathios for this formal learning of Kids!How many orthodox parents are there to teach their own children or Kids about God our Lord!they make their children' baptism at Parumala or manacard or Pampady or other Holy places! However those kids/infants when they grow up they do not become saints or like St.Mary or any other saints!
        when our infants learn how to talk how many of them are calling God?
        What I am trying to say that we all like Pharisee when coming to community behavior or customs/traditions!
        If you are not a man of farcial spirtuality that is good before God and May God almighty bless you!I pray God almighty to forgive me for sins of hurting you personally!
        I am not seeking appreciation from fellow comment writers or readers!
        Once again my apologies to you!
        With Regards
        Rinu Sam