Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1474 , Oct 2, 2011
      "Sin, to one who loves God, is nothing other than an arrow from the enemy in battle. The true Christian is a warrior fighting his way through the regiments of the unseen enemy to his heavenly homeland. According to the word of the Apostle, our homeland is in heaven; and about the warrior he says: 'our warfare is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers.'"

      St. Seraphim of Savov.

      "Do not let your adornment be merely outward--arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel -- rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." 1 Peter 3:3-4

      Prayer Requests:

      Ibrahim - Lung cancer
      Amal - Breast cancer
      Wageh S.- Cancer and heart surgeries
      George A. - Respiratory Problems.
      Fr. Athanasius Ava Mina - Intestinal problems.
      Huda S. - Peace and health.
      The family of Mary R.
      Rita P. - Ovarian Cancer
      Julia M.S. - An infant with a lung deficiency disorder
      Julie - In a coma from a serious car accident
      Marian L - Late stage MS
      Nadia - Lung cancer
      Heidi - Difficulty to conceive
      John - Brain aneurysm
      Eva - Paralyzed from a stroke
      Sonty P. - Suffering from cancer. Please pray for her healing and financial ability.
      Lidya P. - Suffering from a stroke.
      Rev. Davy P. - Suffering from hepatitis type B.
      Somaya M. - Being tested for breast cancer.
      Peter and family - inoperable grade 4 brain tumour
      Eman, Hany and Daniel - Suffered serious injuries from a car accident
      The family of Neveen M.
      Emil S. - Open heart surgery.
      Clement - Lung and liver cancer
      M.M.- metabolic syndrome
      Sherien - Cancer
      Emad. Please pray for his family
      Scott - Crones Disease
      J. Shapiro - Cancer.
      C.L. - Complete recovery after a tragic car accident.
      M. Ragheb - Out of the ICU but he is still under critical care
      M. Fleming - Multiple brain and spinal cord diseases.
      Fr. Wissa Bessada
      G. Roubil - Out of ICU
      The Coptic mission trip to Mexico.
      Camilo, Julio Renaldo, Diego and family, Hong and Pablo - Accept the faith and get baptized.
      H.H. Pope Shenouda III
      David - rectal and liver cancer.
      The family of Larry W. - May the Lord grant them peace.
      H.M - Hardship.
      William H. - Cancer
      Makram G. - Liver Cirrhosis in the last stages
      Emad - Lung cancer.
      Albert - Operation
      Abanoub
      Eva S - Recovery from a heart surgery.
      M.B.- Breast Cancer
      Mark - brain tumor
      Fr. Anthony H.
      Luka-- May God unite him with his family.
      F.Z. may God help him in his service.
      Tasony Esther, May God heal her and comfort her.
      Akmal T. - Major heart surgery.
      Amal M - Lymphoma Cancer.
      Shery - Tumor near her spinal chord.
      E.Salamah - Breast Cancer.
      Mena - Displaced mandibular joint.
      Esme - Severe lupus with heart & brain function involvement.
      Yvone Y. - Serious Eye Surgery. The doctors now feel she might not need the surgery at all.
      Anthony - PTSD from Iraq
      Elisha Mary - return to Communion
      E. - Brain tumor, 22 yrs old with 2 kids.
      M. Chouinard and her family and students.
      Sharon P - Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, PTSD
      Jan P - pancreatic cancer
      Becky Cox D - bone marrow cancer
      Eric G - throat cancer
      Samantha M - Type 1 diabetes
      Amelia T - Breast Cancer
      Anthony C - Kidney Stones
      Emad: To be closer to God
      Safa: To be closer to God
      Badra: Comfort
      Souzy: Guidance
      Leelamma M - Please pray for her family.
      Vladimir and Vaclav.
      Steve - Depression.
      M Said.
      Viola - Pray for her soul and her family to know the Lord and understand HIS work
      Sandy: God open her eyes, give her wisdom
      Nicole: Wisdom
      Hazem A. - Overcome his addiction, and gives him strength & will power.
      Kip - Her spine is breaking down & will need surgery to have a rod inserted.
      Katherine - Make right decisions as she enters adulthood.
      Susan - Finds peace and overcome her suicidal thoughts.
      Sue's family - Return, as a family, to our church and find peace.
      Jacky A. and Family.
      John D. - Job
      L&M - Aspberger's syndrome
      ME- return to God, the Church & the Sacraments
      KEE - patience, perseverance, faith, strength, healing
      Z. Saddak - Health
      The Orthodox community in Olympia, WA

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1474 of 1474 , May 26 7:40 PM

        "When you see the cross, know and believe that you are seeing Christ enthroned on it; when you pray before the cross, believe that you are doing so concerning Christ our God and not with inanimate matter. For it is Christ Who receives the veneration you offer before the cross; and it is He Who hears the supplications of your mouth and fulfills the desires of your heart, which you ask with faith. Whoever does not honor the cross, or insults it, insults Christ Himself."

           St. Nerses Shnorhali.

        "Lord, where are Your former lovingkindnesses, Which You swore to David in Your truth?"  Psalm 89:49

        Prayer Requests:

        Scott Joshua J.
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith