Triune God

  • John
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2011
      Responding the rebuttal of few members on the previous topic of the Veneration of the cross, I am requesting everybody, including the theologians and church hierarchy of our church and munishis of other religions, to give the meanings and interpretations of the following few biblical verses by giving particular emphasis on the meaning and references of God's image and likeness by which he adorned Adam at the time of his creation. These questions are in relation to the emphasis of some Christian theologians and Hindu pundits who teach that God is Spirit. Your answer must not be saying that it is a mystery that God only is aware of the meaning. Another excuse might be that it is sinful in peeling of the mysteries of God; then you also have no right or proof to prove that God is Spirit.
      1."Then God said, let us make man in our image, after our likeness", Gen.1; 26
      Then what is the image and likeness of God?

      2. Exo.33: 20-23."But', he said, `you cannot see my face; for no one shall see me and live.' 21And the Lord continued, `See, there is a place by me where you shall stand on the rock; 22and while my glory passes by I will put you in a cleft of the rock, and I will cover you with my hand until I have passed by; 23then I will take away my hand, and you shall see my back; but my face shall not be seen.'
      Does it mean that God has a face, back and hand, meaning that God is of the human form?
      3. Jn.14: 6 "Jesus said to him, `I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you know me, you will know* my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.'"

      Doesn't mean that those who have seen Jesus has seen the Father, meaning that God is also of the human form like the Son. "Like Father, like Son ", Eze.16: 44.
      4. "I and the Father are one", Jn.10: 30.
      If they are one, is the Father is also of human form?
      5. Jn.17: 10-25 …., so that they may be one, as we are one. …..20 `I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, 21that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us,* so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, 23I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 25 `Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me. 26I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.'
      Here is the mathematical formula comes into play. If a=b and b=c, then a==c. If the Father and the Son are one and the Son and man one, then, the Father = man, may be in the miniature microscopic form, yet the form is of the Father, a cross-shaped human form, when hands are stretched out.
      "Is.66: 1."Thus says the Lord: Heaven is my throne and the earth is my footstool; what is the house that you would build for me, and what is my resting-place?"
      If there is a throne to sit for God in Heaven, do you mean to say that the Spirit sit on the throne. If there are 3 personae in God, does it mean that there are 3 kinds of Spirits of many dimensions incorporated in God? It may surely make an imbalance in the formation of the Spirit. If they are three personae in God, there is a form for God: human form that Prophet Ezekiel saw before the birth of Jesus, thus it is definite that he saw the figure of the Heavenly Father, who is the same as of Jesus.
      "Eze.1: 26 And above the dome over their heads there was something like a throne, in appearance like sapphire;* and seated above the likeness of a throne was something that seemed like a human form. 27Upwards from what appeared like the loins I saw something like gleaming amber, something that looked like fire enclosed all round; and downwards from what looked like the loins I saw something that looked like fire, and there was a splendour all round. 28Like the bow in a cloud on a rainy day, such was the appearance of the splendor all round. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord."
      Angels are also of the human form. Read the following;
      Eze.1: 5."In the middle of it was something like four living creatures. This was their appearance: they were of human form. 6Each had four faces, and each of them had four wings. 7Their legs were straight, and the soles of their feet were like the sole of a calf's foot; and they sparkled like burnished bronze. 8Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. And the four had their faces and their wings thus: 9their wings touched one another; each of them moved straight ahead, without turning as they moved. 10As for the appearance of their faces: the four had the face of a human being, the face of a lion on the right side, the face of an ox on the left side, and the face of an eagle; 11such were their faces. Their wings were spread out above; each creature had two wings, each of which touched the wing of another, while two covered their bodies. 12Each moved straight ahead; wherever the spirit would go, they went, without turning as they went. 13In the middle of* the living creatures there was something that looked like burning coals of fire, like torches moving to and fro among the living creatures; the fire was bright, and lightning issued from the fire. 14The living creatures darted to and fro, like a flash of lightning. 15 "
      As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the earth beside the living creatures, one for each of the four of them.* 16As for the appearance of the wheels and their construction: their appearance was like the gleaming of beryl; and the four had the same form, their construction being something like a wheel within a wheel. 17When they moved, they moved in any of the four directions without veering as they moved. 18Their rims were tall and awesome, for the rims of all four were full of eyes all round. 19When the living creatures moved, the wheels moved beside them; and when the living creatures rose from the earth, the wheels rose. 20Wherever the spirit would go, they went, and the wheels rose along with them; for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. 21When they moved, the others moved; when they stopped, the others stopped; and when they rose from the earth, the wheels rose along with them; for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. 22 Over the heads of the living creatures there was something like a dome, shining like crystal,* spread out above their heads. 23Under the dome their wings were stretched out straight, one towards another; and each of the creatures had two wings covering its body. 24When they moved, I heard the sound of their wings like the sound of mighty waters, like the thunder of the Almighty,* a sound of tumult like the sound of an army; when they stopped, they let down their wings. 25And there came a voice from above the dome over their heads; when they stopped, they let down their wings.
      6. Prophet Isaiah also saw the Lord sitting on the throne and along with the Lord of hosts who adore by singing Holy, Holy, Is.6: 1-13. How can one see the formless God or wind sitting on the throne?
      7. St.John saw another spectacle of sitting the Lord on a white throne, Rev.4: 2-11. Around it there are 24 thrones, and seated on were 24 elders in white garments….., also 20: 11-14 portrays the white throne on which seated by the Lord.
      8."His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen….", Jn.5: 37.
      It proves that God has a form that can be transparently seen later at the fullness of time.
      I could quote many other biblical verses. When we have all these concrete evidences to prove that God is of human form and He created us in His own image of a cross and with the likeness of body, mind, atmavu components and ingredients, why do we go along with the idiosyncrasies of some people? I would like to know that how you have proved that the Trinitarian God is Spirit in the make-up.
      Waiting for some theologians or anybody to give an answer.