Re: Cross an idol or not?

  • alice john
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2011
      Dear All,
      Man
      is created in the image and likeness of God. Hence God's image is a
      cross that is our shape, when stretched out our hands. There are 3
      references of the cross in the OT that I forgot now to be quoted, one
      is measuring of the land from north to southward and from east to
      westward. Read Eze.1: 26 "And
      above the dome over their heads there was something like a throne,...
      and seated above the likeness of a throne was a likeness as it were of
      a human form". Thus God is of a human form. My message a few months ago
      in this site depicting that Son of God and Son of Man underlines God as
      a Man (Father), in whose image we are created because Jesus had no
      human father as He was born without any wedlock. ( Son of God and Son
      of Man, where the word Son is common, hence God is Man). His celestial
      creatures also has the form of a man, Eze.1: 5, 10. If man is of the
      cross shape, then God is also of the shape of a man because man is
      created in His image. The mystery of the Holy trinity also is revealed
      here. The Holy Trinity then will have a common Body and Face, but when
      the hands(symbolising Son and the Holy Spirit) stretching out make a
      uniform function of the brain, heart and feet that run by the same
      essence. The Son of Man sitting at the right hand of God also is
      rightly proven by this analogy. Last night when I woke up at the wee
      hours, and I pondered about the cross and its deification. I concluded
      that the cross represents the Holy Father because man is created in His
      image by the Father. Then all of a sudden I saw the fluttering of a
      white dove at 3.15 AM, making sure that the cross symbolize the
      Trinitarian God, not Jesus alone, who cannot be separated.
      From
      the writing of Mar Paccomios thirumeni of blessed memory I also learnt
      that no one can make a cross and destroy a cross without the permission
      of clergy members. They are burnt only in the Christmas night fires.
      The cross goes beyond the description of the crucifixion salvation
      which has no limit within this seen horizon. If the existence of the
      Holy Triune God who created man in His own image is a universal mystery
      and flutters beyond the realms of multifarious celestial dimensions, we
      are wasting our time in peeling of our Creator whose dominion has no
      limits or bounds.
      The
      foundations of the church buildings, altar, its utensils and its
      raiments all come within the pavillion of the cross that is the essence
      and perimeter of the universe and salvation of man. While bowing the
      cross we give honour to Jesus who carved out our destiny and also the
      Trinitarian God that exist in essence and form of a cross and created
      us in the form and shape of a cross.

    • alice john
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2011
        "Fromthe writing of Mar Paccomios thirumeni of blessed memory I also learnt
        that no one can make a cross and destroy a cross without the permission
        of clergy members. They are burnt only in the Christmas night fires."

        Sorry for the error. Instead of Mar Paccomios thirumeni read it as Mar Severios thirumeni.

      • alice john
        Message 3 of 4 , May 10, 2011
          Dear all,
           As we are the followers of 'doubting Thomas', we also may end up in doubts in various matters of faith. However, it has given enough ripe fruits that buttress the doubts of the
          believers of the church that was founded by one who doubted genuinely, and the
          fruit that we obtained is ‘My Lord and My God’ theology, covering the entire
          realm of Manhood and Divinity of God, the basics of ‘sleeba vandanavu’.

          We bow
          down at the cross not only on Good Friday but also at every sacrament and worship.
          The altar assistants and the celebrant bows and kiss at the edge and corner of
          the altar because the cross is the centre point on the altar of worship. Every
          time we do something at the altar we have to bow and kiss the altar and also
          when we retreat after finishing any piece of work at the altar. The ‘sleeba’ is
          at the centre of our worship due to its importance of being the image of God
          and its impenetrable power of God’s likeness which can pierce every heart and
          mind. Thus the cross depicts the whole Triune God who participated in the
          sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. A ‘sleeba’ -imaged God found a bed in the
          shape of a ‘sleeba’ on Golgotha, just as we measure and stitch a shirt according to our
          measurements or making our own bed according our length and size.

          Service, love, service to humanity etc.
          is the fruits of the cross. If we don't understand the meaning of the cross,
          the application of its importance has only a corollary role. Therefore, the
          cross is the image of the invincible God, but it is not image worship, only a
          symbol, because there is no visible image of God on earth. Prophet Ezekiel saw
          this human form of God.
          Likeness of God

          The likeness of God is His Omnipotent,
          Omnipresent and Omniscient power, the same way man is created with 'deham,
          dehi, atmavue' that commingle man to organize his work on earth intelligently
          and prudently.” You have made man little less than God and crown with glory and
          honour", Ps.8:5;1.Cor.3: 17:Rom.3: 23;Heb.4: 13. He is unapproachable
          light that we lost by our fall. The honour and glory of God goes beyond the
          dimension of the procurement of our salvation by Jesus' sacrifice, but because
          He is our Creator. The Creator died for the created man who is in His image and
          likeness. The cross is the symbol of the Trinitarian God, without limiting only
          to the realm of the Lamb's sacrifice. Thus we bow and prostrate before the
          cross, the same way the OT people honoured the tabernacle or the Ark of the
          Covenant, the shadow of the cross and the Templeof worship. The children bow at the feet of the
          parents and elders, the same is the application of the cross by bowing in front
          of the cross. Parents are not images of anything but living agents, creator, so
          also is the cross that symbolizes our Creator whose image is a cross in
          the human form.

          Therefore, this discourse has
          its own benefits, but demerits are not very damaging because many faith
          warriors have fought enough for the believers to understand the
          meaning and the role of a cross. The cross embraces everything of the Creator
          who is the author of the created order of the terrestrial and celestial
          universe, or in other words St.Thomas’ spontaneous utterance of ‘my Lord and my
          God mystery, the theologians say this statement as the basics of all theology. As we are covered and protected under the wings of the ‘sleeba’, ‘sleeba
          chirakue’, the axis of the celestial universe, the whole creation is constrained
          within the saving emblem, the cross.