DAY 38 - Wednesday before Hosanna

  • Prince Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2011
      Dear All in Jesus Christ,

      Preface for Meditation

      The Old Testament prepared us for the coming of the Christ, the Messiah, who
      will save us from eternal death. “And I will give you shepherds after my own
      heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding,” (Jeremiah 3:15).
      Along this same line of preparing us for the Messiah, we read about John the
      Baptist, who is commonly referred to as the forerunner of Jesus. “He (John) came
      for the testimony, to bear witness to the light, that all might believe through
      him,” (John 1:7). John was baptizing to cleanse those who had sinned. “The next
      day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and he said, ‘Behold the Lamb of God, who
      takes away the sins of the world’,” (John 1:29). After this, Jesus wanted to be
      baptized but “John would have prevented him saying, ‘I need to be baptized by
      you, and do you come to me’? But Jesus answered him, saying ‘Let it be so now;
      for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness,” (Matthew 3:14-5).
      Thus, Jesus, the only sinless one, is baptized, identifying Himself with
      sinners, whom John had baptized.

      Besides being referred to as the lamb, Jesus is also described as a shepherd,
      who watches over his flock (mankind). Jesus is the “good shepherd. The good
      shepherd lays down his life for the sheep,” (John 10:11). We also know that even
      when we feel abandoned and alone, Jesus, the shepherd, will not flee or leave us
      desolate. This is so because “he who is hireling and not a shepherd whose own
      sheep are not, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf
      snatches them and scatters them. He flees because he is a hireling and cares
      nothing for the sheep. I (Jesus) am the good shepherd; I know my own and my own
      know me, as the Father knows me and I know the Father, and I lay down my life
      for the sheep,” (John 10:11-5). This quote is extremely important and beautiful,
      in the sense that it gives a real life depiction of the love that the shepherd
      has for his sheep, or a parent to his children. It also relates to us the
      passionate love God has for us. If we follow the shepherd and listen to him, he
      will “give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall
      snatch them out of my hand,” (John 10:28).

      Jesus is always faithful to us and gives us a chance for eternal life with Him,
      His Father, and Spirit in their Kingdom, but like Judas we have betrayed Jesus
      and like Peter we have denied Him. Because of these acts, Jesus was arrested and
      turned over to the Romans. They “stripped him and put a scarlet robe upon him
      and platting a crown of thorns, they put it on his head, and put a reed in his
      right hand. And kneeling before him they mocked him, and took the reed and
      struck him on the head. And when they had mocked him, they stripped him of the
      robe, and put his own clothes on him, and led him away to crucify him,” (Matthew
      27:28-31).

      Jesus, Son of God the Father, suffered this humiliation for us. By His death we
      live, by His descent into Hades we ascend into Heaven. Jesus is our paschal
      lamb, our sacrifice, the true sacrifice.

      “And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty
      and the Lamb. And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine upon it, for the
      glory of God is its light and its lamp is the Lamb. By its light shall the
      nations walk; and the kings of the earth shall bring their glory into it, and
      its gates shall never be shut,” (Revelation 21:22-5).

      Please find below Bible Reading passages:-

      Wednesday before Hosanna – 13/04

      * Evening
      * St. Matthew 8: 23-9: 1 (passage attached)
      * Morning
      * Genesis46 : 1-7
      * Isaiah63: 7-19
      * Daniel 7:9-18
      * Acts 14:8 -19
      * Galatians5: 13-26
      * St. Mark 4:35-41

      Click on this link to access Bible words online: Matthew 8:23-9:1

      Verse of the day: St. Matthew 8:27 - The men were amazed and asked, "What kind
      of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

      Please find attached a prayer from Valiyanombile Namaskarakramam.

      With love & prayers,

      Prince Mathew