Re: Approval for co-celebration

  • jose_ua
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 20, 2011
      Thank you Rinu and John.

      I have a small doubt. Most of our churches are built wiith 3 altars. Olden day churches have even more. So we basically in line with our tradition should favor Tri-Mass. I dont think Co-Celebration should be preferred in Malankara.
    • RinuSam
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 23, 2011
        Dear Jose
        There was a time our people used to imitate from Roman Catholic church practice!Tri-Mass is not orthodox concept!Even R.C. now a days do not celeberate Tri/MultiMass in their churches! I do not Favour Tri Mass as basically it has no significance in our faith or tradition!

        Rinu Sam

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 23, 2011
          Dear Rinu,
          Thank You .

          My question is what do we do with the three altars in the church. Are they to be kept closed. Or with lighting candle or dismantled. The architecture demands we use Tri-Mass. What is our synods actual recommendation in this matter? I am yet to see a Roam catholic service with Tri-Mass. They are the ones Co-Celebrating.

          Jose

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 25, 2011
            Dear Jose
            Our Church heirarchy did not make their final decision regarding the existing 3 or multi altars in the Church!Multi Altar/Throne is Completely roman catholic Architecture!They use Main Altar on sunday or Feast Days ! Other normal or for low masses and baptism they use side altars!Our church still go along with Multi Altars with lighted candles as usual unti they reach a final decision!I cannot make a suggestion to the Heirarchy or synod of our church in thid regard!
            Thank you