Some technical problems

  • moscelder
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 7, 2005
      Dear Members,

      I can well understand yr concerns why no postings have ocuured . We
      did have some technical problems . I was involved in the TSUNAMI
      relief and i was under impression that Bindu Scaria was already
      working as moderator.

      For this month , we wont have much regular postings, as we are still
      in relief work and rehab, as Bindu is alsoe vey much tied up.

      Pls cooperate , once the group elder returns in feb, we will have a
      regular posting.

      Thank you

      ITOOP KORAH
      MOSCELDER
    • alice john
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 7, 2005
        Dear elder and Moderators,

        pray for the relief work that you are involved with. 5 of my previous postings are still pending. Hope you post it at the earliest possible. Pl.post this one too. with prayers,

        E.s.John, Australia

        moscelder <itkorah@...> wrote:

        Dear Members,

        I can well understand yr concerns why no postings have ocuured . We
        did have some technical problems . I was involved in the TSUNAMI
        relief and i was under impression that Bindu Scaria was already
        working as moderator.

        For this month , we wont have much regular postings, as we are still
        in relief work and rehab, as Bindu is alsoe vey much tied up.

        Pls cooperate , once the group elder returns in feb, we will have a
        regular posting.

        Thank you

        ITOOP KORAH
        MOSCELDER

        The only forum for all Christians to express their views freely.

      • Aley John
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 10, 2005
          Dear Elder, How can I contribute to your Relief efforts? I am from US. thank
          you, Dr. A John

          >From: "moscelder" <itkorah@...>
          >To: MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Malankara Orthodox Syrian Christian Group Some technical problems
          >Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 04:40:45 -0000
          >

          >Dear Members,
          >
          >I can well understand yr concerns why no postings have ocuured . We
          >did have some technical problems . I was involved in the TSUNAMI
          >relief and i was under impression that Bindu Scaria was already
          >working as moderator.
          >
          >For this month , we wont have much regular postings, as we are still
          >in relief work and rehab, as Bindu is alsoe vey much tied up.
          >
          >Pls cooperate , once the group elder returns in feb, we will have a
          >regular posting.
          >
          >Thank you
          >
          >ITOOP KORAH
          >MOSCELDER

        • Dennis
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 11, 2005
            Those who are in the US, The American Diocese of the Indian Orthodox
            Church is gladly accepting donations for the Tsumani Relief Fund.

            Please send your tax deductible checks payable to 'The American
            Diocese' and mail it to
            The Indian Orthodox Church Center
            80-34 Commonwealth Blvd.
            Bellerose, NY 11426

            Both Metropolitans of the American Diocese has sent a Kalpana in
            regards to this as well.

            Love & Prayers,
            Dennis M.
          • moscelder
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 11, 2005
              Dear E. S John,

              Thank You, for volunteering to contribute. As of now we dont need
              anything except your prayers and good wishes. The govt of India is
              disuading any aid from abroad . Almost 100 million dollars is surplus
              in funds . Pls hold us in your prayers , that will do for now.

              Thank You , and God bless

              Itoop
            • John
              Message 6 of 8 , May 7, 2013
                Dear believers,
                Someone asked Einstein what time is or define 'time' . It one sitting on a hot stove or another one courting with his fiance, time is seemingly different in these two instances. The lovers who spent 1 hour seem that it is only one minute that they have spent, the other concludes that 1 minute is equivalent to 1 hour. so time is just relative. In short, there is terrestrial time, psychological time and celestial time.

                The worship is long or short depends on one's mental state. One who has grievances of many kinds like to spend more time with the Lord in the church, he takes part penitently without knowing the time. Others, though coming late, complain and complain till they meet with some mishaps. They want only give attendance and doing rigmarole after the church. we asked one new priest 'how long will the worship take'. He said that he would start it on time, but doesn't know how long it takes to finish it.

                You will long for attending one Heavenly Qurbana of ours, but it would not be there when the evil powers take charge of the world or the region. Think about the Syrian bishops and priests and lay members kidnapped by terrorists. Read Lk.2. Hannah, a widow prophetess, spent day in and day out in the church for 84 years of her widowhood in the temple, and that lifestyle made her witnessing the baby Jesus on the day of His temple entry. Those who are pure at heart will see the LORD, Mt.5.

                . If we make our worship shorter, it will become a precedent and a pill out of it may be the end result tomorrow. Also, I would like to ask where to cut short. Liberalization of the faith is detrimental like the Roman Church that done in the 1970s. The Holy Liturgy is only a symbolic presentation of the redemptive sacrifice of the Lord in a nutshell. Both epistle readings, explanations of the salvation process, are essential for the budding generations to realize the roles played by the apostles who also laid their lives for the Saviour and the church to grow in their blood. we can adopt some ways of bridging these disenchanted groups together without cutting short of the liturgy. Those who want to shorten it will have to sacrifice some portions of the so-called paraphernalia.

                1. we used to do the sermons just after reading the Evangelion before. It is
                good that we can do the same now, so that the main liturgy part is not reduced. It is also good to understand the lessons and the day's importance by the sermon after the readings. we can still excuse the real late comers till the end of the Creed that takes into mainly the anaphora and the Passions of Lord, death, resurrection, and ascension by the time we reach the intercessory parts that start with 'Basumalco&# 39;. He who has very important assignments can leave the church then. As the 2nd coming yet to take place, those who are in a hurry can leave without attending the procession towards the west. However, we cannot cut short of the worship which is vanishing and reaching towards its extinction of Heavenly glorification from this earth, for the sake of the believers.

                I would corroborate for the ones who are seemingly aware of the latest trend. Birthday prayers and the like which are lately inducted are the influence of the charismatic denominations. we don't pray for any earthly gains because the Father knows our needs according to one's desert and ability. 'You cannot choose the best, the best will choose you'. Practice only His written commandments and the unwritten laws which are embedded in our physical and inner systems and in Nature, or in other words do the rules of conduct of our life. In Indian Puranas, one character, name forgotten, went into meditation for a long period of time and prayed to Brahman for a gift that he meditated upon. He appeared to at last and asked his demand. His plea was to get the gift of laying his hand on somebody who is to be consumed soon. God cannot break His promise, and ultimately gave the gift.
                Then he wanted to test the gift by laying his hand on Brahman..... .Human mind is like a drunken monkey that put its head in the nest of wild bees. Therefore, only ask which is beneficial to us and others. 'ygan papi, ygan papi....' - I am sinner, I am a sinner....-&# 39; is the Orthodox style of prayers. 'Make me an instrument of God, so that I may die as a man of peace' is the style of our prayer. Birthday prayer for one year in advance doesn't last even for one day because he/she may meet an untimely death on the same day. some smart fellows introduced this birthday prayers in the church, so that celebrations and feasts are around the year in the church. Saturday night is the only time free for the flock to celebrate, particularly the 21st birthday. Instead of preparing for the worship we drink and dance and enjoy the time with buchaniyan merriment.
                But we fast and pray for the sick and the suffering people during the worship for the forgiveness of sins that make us clean from infirmities and transgressions. When the person is from sins, he is cleansed and the healing takes place by the hand of the Holy Spirit. We are touching this vital points many times in our Liturgy and the 2nd thubden is focused on such people who are under trial and tribulation. It is also the time for praying for the departed particularly during the 6th thubden, not for worldly pleasures. Don't demand all blessings from God, first of all do what God demand from you.

                2. The heretic and pagan elements
                Cultural programmes are out of bound in the church and its vicinities. the secular Governments and clubs are spending millions of money for these purposes. Such as birthday and wedding anniversary, students examination victories, onam, 'kathakali, Chakkiar Kuth', etc, sports announcements, job -chasing prayers and procurement, camping, picnic, etc that intruded into the church with in a period of last 30 years must be wiped out completely from the church by a Kalpana from the Head of the church. As we live in Jesus and He in us, we have finished placing all our demands by the time the liturgy is finished, Mt.6, 25-34. God the Father knows these; only do become perfect as He is perfect. I can prove these that heretical, pagan and socialization agenda got importance was only for making money, though these were not there when we had no money, except the widow's two pence. Though we try to appease the congregation with the Pharisees' fermented food, thousands are fleeing to charismatic groups. Trying to please the Sunday Club members is suicidal.

                But one is free to plead for his grievances and wishes to the the Lord in private, instead of lengthening the worship by washing one's dirty linen in public.

                E.S.John, Australia
              • bindusirs
                Message 7 of 8 , May 7, 2013
                  It is true our services are long and fortunately we don't have a bible explanation which makes service even longer. Nowadays who has time for God ? We want to live minus God as much as possible. Church going is a social get together , a social obligation. church posts clergy and laity are run  / stage managed by influential people with deep money pockets. I still remember the days we used to have Qurbana on Friday , Prasangams on Saturday and Qurbana again on Sunday.  We never got tired we never felt bored. Palli meant so much to us but this generation thinks they can live without God.  The word of  God says  in 1 John 2: 15-17

                  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world — the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life — is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away and the lust thereof, but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

                  Dr. Bindu Scaria, IRS Ph.D
                  Group Moderator: MOSC

                • ES John
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 9, 2013

                    Dear believers,

                    Who says that we wouldn’t end in personal benefits? Last part of Ps.23 says that we will get personal benefits also. we get spiritual and earthly benefits also by being with God longer periods.

                    ;…and day and night they never cease to sing, HOLY, HOLY, HOLY, IS THE LORD ALMIGHTY, who was and is and is to come, Rev.4, 8. Lucifer and his legions also were doing the same. We are also created to fill these places in the Heavenly mansions, Jn.14, 2. Whether in church or outside, we are obligated to continuously sing the song of praise and greatness of our Lord and do good works. It is better to sing the greatness of God in the church because it is the House of the Lord where the Holy Ghost the third person, not a wind, brood over there.

                     Because the garment of incorruption that is weaved by our worship and good works, the visa for the entry into Heavenly plane, is humanly impossible by our short time attendance in church and little charity works. Unless one earns this white garb, even if he is taken into Heavenly Above, he cannot stand there because of the light and brilliance, thus testifies of the book ‘ The Soul after Death’. Some souls were taken there, but they couldn’t open their eyes due to the plethora of luminosity. God is helpless because the law and order and justice system that was pronounced before the creation of the world and to be executed by the Heavenly hosts properly. We are indebted to love God as He loved us and  share that love with our brethren without any malice and hate. As prophetess Hannah did, Lk.2, we are to worship God at all the moments of life, preferably in the church, which should be bereft of any holy politics.

                    In all the major cities of the world there are many churches opened for 24 hours, though arson threat and looting exist, so that the thirsty believers can go at any time and shed their tears.

                    The celebrant sings in the ‘huthoma prayers’ like this. ‘Lord, accept our sacrifice as the slaughtered Abel, the prototype of the Lamb who spilled His blood for us, Noah in the Arc and on Carmel mountain Elijah celebrated and approved it to you as a token of their gratitude, after going through great stress and duress. Attend the LITURGY after penance and prayers in order to our adoration to the innocent blood shed and sufficient preparation from Saturday afternoon onwards

                    Priests celebrate the Liturgy for us and for himself. If we are not there as devotees, why attend the Mystery partly in vain.

                    Though salvation is only a grace of God, our trials are tribulations for His name will be taken into account.

                    The celebrant leaves the Altar by reciting the Psalms 23, which ends in ‘…and I shall dwell in the House forever’. Also read ps.84. ‘for a day in thy courts is better than a thousand elsewhere’. That should be our aim for our salvation.