Election of Next Catholicos Designate

  • John Joseph
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 10, 2010
      Since H B Paulose Mar Milithios Metropolitan is elevated as the 8th Catholicos
      of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, it is the talk of the town as to who
      will be the next Catholicos Designate.The main contenders seems to be H.G.Dr.
      Mathews Mar Severios and H.G Geevarghese Mar Coorilos, but the main issue is
      that the new Catholicos Baselios Paulose II is only 64 years old and Mar
      Severios and Mar Coorilos are 61 years old each.Since the Catholicos is very
      young he can lead the Malankara Orthodox Church atleast upto the age of 80 years
      as it was mentioned by Dr Athanasios Metropolitan at Puthupally, so electing Mar
      Severios or Mar Coorilos is absolutely baseless, where as Mar Severios,since he
      is in Kandanad and Kottayam can assist the Catholicos in the day to day affairs
      of the Church, as he good in spiritual and administrative aspects.The next
      Catholicos Designate should be a young Metropolitan of the Church,who is to
      elected in the year 2012 during the elections of Managing Committee and few
      more Bishop elects for Kunnamkulam, Kollam, Thumpamon,Chengannur,Mavelikara.Let
      us all hope for the best and pray that God Almighty may give strength and health
      to lead the church for many more years.
      John Joseph,Waterford,Ireland.

    • RinuSam
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 11, 2010
        --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, John Joseph <daivavishvasi@...> wrote:

        > Since H B Paulose Mar Milithios Metropolitan is elevated as the 8th Catholicos
        > of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, it is the talk of the town as to who
        > will be the next Catholicos Designate.The main contenders seems to be H.G.Dr.
        > Mathews Mar Severios and H.G Geevarghese Mar Coorilos, but the main issue is
        > that the new Catholicos Baselios Paulose II is only 64 years old and Mar
        > Severios and Mar Coorilos are 61 years old each.Since the Catholicos is very
        > young he can lead the Malankara Orthodox Church atleast upto the age of 80 years
        > as it was mentioned by Dr Athanasios Metropolitan at Puthupally, so electing Mar
        > Severios or Mar Coorilos is absolutely baseless, where as Mar Severios,since he
        > is in Kandanad and Kottayam can assist the Catholicos in the day to day affairs
        > of the Church, as he good in spiritual and administrative aspects.The next
        > Catholicos Designate should be a young Metropolitan of the Church,who is to
        > elected in the year 2012 during the elections of Managing Committee and few
        > more Bishop elects for Kunnamkulam, Kollam, Thumpamon,Chengannur,Mavelikara.Let
        > us all hope for the best and pray that God Almighty may give strength and health
        > to lead the church for many more years.
        > John Joseph,Waterford,Ireland.

        Dear John Joseph
        This is a matter to be dicussed or debated and accepted/resolved by H.Synod and Malankara Suriyani Kristiani Association or the Managing Committee!As of now there is no urgent need for a catholicate designate in MOSC!
        please send your concern to them and notify the issue to the proper body through proper channel!

        Rinu Sam
      • moscmember
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 11, 2010
          Dear All,
          I think the time is not yet come to think about the election of a Catholicose Designate now. But referring to the suggestions made by Philip Abraham regarding the unity, I believe we can give unity & peace a chance by keeping this position vacant for the time being. If HB Thomas I step down, (as HB expressed his wish sometime back), and unity becomes possible, the Catholicose designate can be from Jacobite side to complete the peace process.

          MOSC Member who wish to see the Church united.
        • john_jacob_email
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 12, 2010
            Dear MOSC Member,

            The moment we are anywhere near an election / selection stage for any position in the church, immediately we have anonymous entities to deal with, isn't it? And you happen to be one of them.

            By the way, what other plans do you have - now that this anonymous entity is slowly being put into place by you?

            John Jacob, Kuwait
            (1. MOSC member who prefers to see the face of those he talks to.
            2. MOSC member who is surprised to see posts such as yours being approved for posting by the moderators!)
          • John Varghese
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 13, 2010
              Rinu Sam,Jacob John
              It is the talk of the town mainly in Kottayam and surroundings of the next Catholicos Designate.I am also of the opinion that the new catholicos being young he can manage with the affairs of the church with the cooperation and support of the holy synod members, specially the synod secretary who is number one in all aspects in the church today.If the catholicos and synod feels of a new catholicos designate in the future too a younger metropolitan can be elected in the malankara association just as the present one was elected.But there is a need for a metropolitan for kunnamkulam,also chengannur, kollam, kottayam,mavelikara in the near future as there is a decision in the synod that metropolitans to retire at the age of 75 and catholicos at the age of 80.
            • pa64in
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 13, 2010
                --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "moscmember" <moscmember@...> wrote:

                .........unity becomes possible, the Catholicose designate can be from Jacobite side to complete the peace process.

                Note: When unity becomes possible, the United Church elects the Catholicos designate and not 'any side'. In the united Church there are NO SIDES.

                Rgds,
                Philip Abraham,
                Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
              • John Varghese
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 13, 2010
                  Philip Abraham
                  Don't expect unity and peace in the malankara church till the demise of Thomas Pradhaman of patriarch group and Severios Metropolitan of the Orthodox group.The Patriarch group too has almost equal number of Metropolitans and where will they be accommodated when both groups are united as you wish.
                • RinuSam
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 15, 2010
                    Dear All
                    Although there are two seperate divisions of Malankara Orthodox people are there now,still both factions can Unite in Christ,whereby no more court cases,disputes or fight between the two sections, as Abraham and Lot seperated in OLD TESTAMENT!Each parties/factions stay what they have now and really work for Peace and Harmony between two factions! In reality There are no way the presentJacobites will come under MOSC as they have been brainwashed by their heirarchy by injecting heretic teachings/poison in their minds!Moreover they(jacobites)were told by their Heirarchy that MOSC is always behind their wealth/property!but they forget the reality and conceal the Truth!
                    The peace Jesus gave to his disiples are to be preserved by Both Factions!Let us Pray Almighty God to help us to stay in Peace and Harmony!
                    With Prayers

                    Rinu Sam

                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 15, 2010
                      Dear All
                      The Whole Church Heirarchy(synod)should be reorganised as There should be A full time Synod Secreatary or Catholicose designate both without Diocesean responsibility/or supervision in order to help the Catholicose in Admininstration!The Catholicate designate or Synod secratary should be the official spokesman of the church! MOSC can have some some assistant bishops forsome dioceses where the current Bishops are in Old age/or havingserious health problems!
                      In Old Israel the Levictus was performing priestly duties from the age of thirty to the age of fifty!therefore it is better to have a system for retirement of clergy and heirarchy as mentioned by John varghese!