Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1961 , Jul 19, 2010
      "...the intellect functions, first, by observing things other than itself, so far as this is necessary...Secondly, it returns to itself and operates within itself, and so beholds itself...This is the intellect's highest and most befitting activity and, through it, it even transcends itself and is united with God."

      St. Gregory Palamas.

      "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:18

      Prayer Requests:

      Huda S. - Peace and health.
      Kassab - Surgery.
      K. Abdelmessih - Recovering from surgery
      Mary R. - Recently diagnosed with leukemia and in need of a bone marrow donor. Please contact cure4mary@... for ways you can help.
      Rita P. - Ovarian Cancer
      Julia M.S. - An infant with a lung deficiency disorder
      Julie - In a coma from a serious car accident
      Marian L - Late stage MS
      Nadia - Lung cancer
      Heidi - Difficulty to conceive
      John - Brain aneurysm
      Eva - Paralyzed from a stroke
      Sonty P. - Suffering from cancer. Please pray for her healing and financial ability.
      Lidya P. - Suffering from a stroke.
      Rev. Davy P. - Suffering from hepatitis type B.
      Somaya M. - Being tested for breast cancer.
      Peter and family - inoperable grade 4 brain tumour
      Eman, Hany and Daniel - Suffered serious injuries from a car accident
      The family of Neveen M.
      Emil S. - Open heart surgery.
      Clement - Lung and liver cancer
      M.M.- metabolic syndrome
      Mary Ann G. - Stomach Cancer
      Sherien - Cancer
      Emad. Please pray for his family
      Scott - Crones Disease
      J. Shapiro - Cancer.
      C.L. - Complete recovery after a tragic car accident.
      M. Ragheb - Out of the ICU but he is still under critical care
      M. Fleming - Multiple brain and spinal cord diseases.
      Fr. Wissa Bessada
      G. Roubil - Out of ICU
      The Coptic mission trip to Mexico.
      Camilo, Julio Renaldo, Diego and family, Hong and Pablo - Accept the faith and get baptized.
      H.H. Pope Shenouda III
      David - rectal and liver cancer.
      The family of Larry W. - May the Lord grant them peace.
      H.M - Hardship.
      William H. - Cancer
      Makram G. - Liver Cirrhosis in the last stages
      Emad - Lung cancer.
      Albert - Operation
      Abanoub
      Eva S - Recovered well from breast cancer; thanks for everyone's prayers!
      M.B.- Breast Cancer
      Mark - brain tumor
      Fr. Anthony H.
      Luka-- May God unite him with his family.
      F.Z. may God help him in his service.
      Tasony Esther, May God heal her and comfort her.
      Akmal T. - Major heart surgery.
      Amal M - Lymphoma Cancer.
      Shery - Tumor near her spinal chord.
      E.Salamah - Breast Cancer.
      Mena - Displaced mandibular joint.
      Esme - Severe lupus with heart & brain function involvement.
      Yvone Y. - Serious Eye Surgery. The doctors now feel she might not need the surgery at all.
      Anthony - PTSD from Iraq
      Elisha Mary - return to Communion
      E. - Brain tumor, 22 yrs old with 2 kids.
      M. Chouinard and her family and students.
      Sharon P - Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, PTSD
      Jan P - pancreatic cancer
      Becky Cox D - bone marrow cancer
      Eric G - throat cancer
      Samantha M - Type 1 diabetes
      Amelia T - Breast Cancer
      Anthony C - Kidney Stones
      Emad: To be closer to God
      Safa: To be closer to God
      Badra: Comfort
      Souzy: Guidance
      Leelamma M - Please pray for her family.
      Vladimir and Vaclav.
      Steve - Depression.
      M Said.
      Viola - Pray for her soul and her family to know the Lord and understand HIS work
      Sandy: God open her eyes, give her wisdom
      Nicole: Wisdom

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1961 of 1961 , May 25 5:54 PM
        Christ Has Ascended!

        The Son of God, Who in His compassion became man, died so far as His body was concerned when His soul was separated from His body, but this body was not separated from His divinity, and so He raised up His body once more and took it with Him to heaven in glory. Similarly, when those who have lived here in a godly manner are separated from their bodies, they are not separated from God, and in the resurrection they will take their bodies with them to God, and in their bodies they will enter with inexpressible joy there where Jesus has preceded us and in their bodies they will enjoy the glory that will be revealed in Christ. Indeed, they will share not only in resurrection, but also in the Lord's ascension and in all divine life. But this does not apply to those who live this present life in an unregenerate matter and who at death have no communion with God. For though all will be resurrected, yet the resurrection of each individual will be in accordance with his own inner state."

        St. Gregory Palamas, The Philokalia, Vol. IV.

        "I will praise the name of God with a song, And will magnify Him with thanksgiving."  Psalm 69:30

        The Bible reading for the 18th of Bashans, May 26, is:
        26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 28 You have heard Me say to you, `I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, `I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I. 29 And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe. 30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me. 31 But that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave Me commandment, so I do. Arise, let us go from here. (John 14:26-31)
        Departure of St. George (Ga'orgi), the Friend of St. Abraam.
        Commemoration of the feast of Pentecost.

        The Bible reading for the 19th of Bashans, May 27, is: John 16:15-23
        Commemoration of the Departure of Abba Isaac, the Priest of El-Qalali (Cells).
        Commemoration of the Martyrdom of St. Isidorus (Isidore) of Antioch.

        The Bible reading for the 20th of Bashans, May 28, is: John 16:23-33
        Departure of St. Ammonius The Hermit.

        Prayer Requests:

        Anthony C. - Heart surgery on 6/1 (valve replacement and bypass). Also, his wife for comfort.
        I. Tadros - Broken ankle, awaiting surgery.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        The Helmi family.
        Yaga - Cancer.
        Robert - 8-month-old infant with a rare kidney disease.
        Faith and family - Healing and guidance
        Ricardo F. - Serious Health issues
        Thomas, Matthew, Irene and Ayman M.
        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        AA and her kids
        MB
        Emad
        Brienne B. - Dealing with a serious illness
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.
        Mary - Illness