Re: Mar Severios Gurgan & Some Leaders Of MOSC

  • rinsamkenya
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 19, 2010
      Dear All
      whatever happened to be happend!now there is no need to block the water of yesterday's rain! leave it that way for the time being! we don't want do a postmortem now!

      --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "clickclutch" <padanayakan@...> wrote:

      > H.G. Youhanon Mar Milithios, the diocesan metropolitan of Thrissur, did some statements about the recent activates of H.G. Mar Gurgan and H.G's statement at Bangalore been published by a person and H.G. Mar Militios Thirumeny said that Thirumeny do not know the Gurgan or his plan. The statement given by Thirumeny is excellent and it reflects the stand of Thirumeny in the case of H.G. Mar Gurgan.
      >
      > H.G. Dr. Thomas Mar Athanasios and H.G. Youhanon Mar Militios were the chief celebrants for the elevation of Mar Gurgan as a Bishop. Ss Thirumeny have all the right to ask an explanation to H.G. Gurgan and if the explanation is not satisfied then Thirumeny can bring the matter in front of the Holy Synod for disciplinary action against Mar Gurgan or Thirumeny can issue a "Kalpana" against Mar Gurgan.
      >
      > If Thirumeny can do that it will be highly appreciable as the faithful MOSC members can satisfy with the strict and timely action of Thirumeny and that makes Thirumeny' stand clear to everyone.
      >
      > Charly V. Padanilam, Houston, TX.

      > Moderators Note:
      >
      > The ordination of HG Mar Gurgan by HG Mar Militios and Mar Athanasios was totally wrong. If such an ordination was done it should be by HH Catholicose and with full synod / Malankara Association authorisation.
      >
      > Patrirach faction people are known to bend rules and show scant respect for authority. They are fanatic and loud mouthed . You can see the mess they make everywhere. Both HGs Militios and Athanasios must be relieved of their posts and sent to dayara for discipline.

    • bindusirs
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 20, 2010
        Dear MOSC members,
        The stand of MOSC and her moderators is consistent to the aims and goals of orthodox faith. I think we have an objection to all bishops ordained by Patriarch of Antioch. He has no jurisdiction here; a stand which the entire MOSC church and the law of the land concurs with.

        HG Militios and Athanasios must be relieved of diocesan responsibilities . Further ordinations must be banned by edict and strict censures must be applied on clergy coming from Patriarch side.

        Church cannot run on whims and fancies of Patriarch or synod . Malankara church belongs to people of Malankara. Bishops must behave themselves appropriate to position and ecclesiastical delegation.

        This is not Postmortem this is administration.

        Dr.Bindu Scaria,IRS
        Group Moderator
        MOSC Group
      • George C Mathew
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 20, 2010
          I think it is important to point out that the HH the Catholicose and Holy Synod
          have already taken action.  Mar Severios no longer has any connection with the
          Malankara Orthodox Church as he has disobeyed and acted against the Church.
          Bava Thirumeni has also sent kalpanas to all the churches to not allow Mar
          Severios or anyone connected to him to enter any of the MOC churches.  Taking
          action against Milithios Thirumeni or Athanasius Thirumeni at this juncture also
          does not make sense.  The Synod has already accepted the consecration.  Do we
          hold the parents responsible for every mistake a child makes in his life?  At
          some point, the child acts by himself and has to take responsibility for it.
          This is what has happened.

          There is no "ecclesiastical court" in existense that can stop Mar Severios'
          actions.  The Synod should definitely write to the Indian Embassy and block his
          attempts to enter India to perform any ordinations or consecrations.  Let those
          who want to follow him move to Germany, the seat of his primacy.

          Mar Severios seems to be doing all this to unite the Church.  Creating divisions
          and questionable consecrations of disgruntled priests/monks is not the way to do
          it.  Rather, he should hold discussions and meetings to build support for
          unity.  Working as he is shows real insubordination and a lack of trust in
          Christ and the Holy Spirit, Who alone can unite divide parties.

          Interestingly, this is the only issue I have seen in the past 25 years that both
          the Syrian Orthodox Church and the Malankara Orthodox Church have agreed on.
          Maybe this can be the bridge to unity.  Pray for it.

          Fr. George C Mathew

        • Geogy Abraham
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 21, 2010
            Dear Dr. Bindu,

            You are absolutely correct. Indian Orthodox church & Syrian Orthodox church should not interfere in each other administration job. For that all cases must be withdrawn by Indian Orthodox Church which is filed against the Syrian Orthodox church. As we live in democratic country the dispute should also be resolved in democratic manner. Properties must be distributed in proportions. For example see the case of Cheegari church in Malabar.

            With regards to the H.G Militios and Athanasios the holy Synod of Indian Orthodox church shall decide.