Holy Spirit/Holy Ghost

  • RinuSam
    Message 1 of 7 , May 14, 2010
      The holy Spirit is also known as "Comforter", "Counselor" and "Advocate" or Helper and is known as spirit of Truth.Jesus said to his disciples"I will pray the Father,and he will give you another Helper,that he may abide with you forever(john 14:16)
      The power of Holy spirit taught them(disciples)all things.'When HE,the spirit of TRUTH HAS COME HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH (John 16:13)

      St.Paul the apostle said"Walk in the Spirit and you shall not fulfill the lust of Flesh(Galatians 5:16).The fruits of Spirit are Love
      ,Joy,Peace,longsuffering,kindness,faithfulness,gentleness,Self Control etc(Galatians 5:22)Let us walk in the Spirit(light)and produce the fruits of the Holy spirit.
      THE SPIRIT LIVES TO SET US FREE
      WALK, WALK IN THE LIGHT!
      HE BINDS US ALL IN UNITY
      WALK WALK IN THE LIGHT!
      Walk in the light,Walk in the Light,walk in the light
      WALK IN THE LIGHT OF LORD!

      with prayers
      Rinu Sam
    • Charles Jemeyson
      Message 2 of 7 , May 18, 2010
        Hello Rinu Sam:

        Christ was speaking to His apostles at this time and told them that the Holy
        Spirit would teach them all things and bring into remembrance all that He
        had spoken to them (apostles). The things that the Holy Spirit brought back
        into remembrance and taught them, the apostles put into writing (Bible). We
        can be assured that we have the "full revelation" today from the Bible.
        Praise His Name for leaving us the will of God.

        "The sum of thy Word is truth" (Psalms 119:160)

        Love,

        Charles

        San Antonio, Texas

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , May 19, 2010
          Dear Jemyson Charles

          Thank you!I would appreciate your comments on what context or sense you did as I do not exactly follow what you commented in here. What Holy ghost revealed to Apostles are not completely written in the Bible as all apostles guided by Holy spirit went and preached Gospel to different regeons/nations and places of earth.The Acts Of Apostles mainly deals with Gospel work of Peter and Paul with their co-workers/disciples in the early church.This acts of apostles do not give account of gospel work done by other disciples.
          The book of revelation has many things that has to be taken place yet.The present Generation of Christians cannot exactly tell the meaning of all Visions of disciple John in book of revelation.

          Jesus said to his disciples that ".........Will the Father In Heaven give Holy Spirit to those who ask him".(Luke11:13)This means we have to ask the Father in heaven to get the Holy Spirit or to be filled with his Spirit. The days between Acension of Jesus and Day of Feast of pentacost are devotional period for orthodox Christians whereby whole church is fasting and praying for the fullness of Spirit in the church as well as in all faithful/ believers.

          The Holy spirit came on Jesus disciples on Pentacost Day. The Holy Spirit Revealed the "Truth" to them.However the present generation of Christians are unaware of the fullness of Holy spirit and they do not produce the "Fruits of Holy Spirit" as taught by St. Paul the apostle.
          the versus of John's gospel(16:13) is Still valid and applicable even today in our lives.

          WithPrayers
          Rinu Sam

        • cjemeyson@satx.rr.com
          Message 4 of 7 , May 20, 2010
            Hello again RinuSam:

            Just a few thoughts -

            The passage In Luke11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him -- was spoken to the disciples who asked him how to pray. Note - Luke 11:1 And it came to pass, as he was praying in a certain place, that when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, even as John also taught his disciples.
            The parallel statement Is In Matthew 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? -- (Good things = The Holy Spirit)

            Is this only talking about divine revelation of his will? or any blessing? such as asking for wisdom - James 1:5-8 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

            "The faith" was only once for all (people or time) delivered to the saints - Jude 1:3 Beloved, while I was giving all diligence to write unto you of our common salvation, I was constrained to write unto you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered unto the saints
            Our commission is to "contend" (fight for) that message without changing it - Galatians 1:8-10 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach unto you any gospel other than that which we preached unto you, let him be anathema. 9 As we have said before, so say I now again, if any man preacheth unto you any gospel other than that which ye received, let him be anathema. 10 For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? or am I striving to please men? if I were still pleasing men, I should not be a servant of Christ. I am not an apostle I must rely on the the message revealed and pass that one on - 2 Timothy 2:2 And the things which thou hast heard from me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

            May the Lord be with you,
            your servant in Messiah, Jesus the Christ,
            Charles Jemeyson
            San Antonio, Texas
            cjemeyson@...

            =============

          • cjemeyson@satx.rr.com
            Message 5 of 7 , May 21, 2010
              Hello RinuSam again:
              Here are some more thoughts on "authority." We have NO authority than to go beyound what is written in our Bible.
              Your servant in Messiah, Jesus the Christ,
              Charles Jemeyson
              San Antonio, Texas

              ALLEGIANCE TO GOD
              GOD HAS INHERENT AUTHORITY
              • Let’s start at the beginning, If you look at Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. and Psalms 24:1: The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;
              • Who do you see here as the “owner”… GOD has ALL AUTHORITY! He has made it all, He owns everything.
              God delegated AUTHORITY to His Son, Jesus Christ
              • John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
              • Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
              Jesus delegated AUTHORITY to His apostles:
              • John 13:20 I tell you the truth, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me."
              (Jesus here, is talking about the one’s He sent, His apostles)
              • John 20:21 Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.“ (apostles)

              The Holy Spirit guided the Apostles
              Again, Jesus was talking to His apostles and said:
              • John 14:26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
              • John 16:12-15 I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

              • 14 He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.
              • 1 Corinthians 2:10-13 10 but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God

              12 We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.
              13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.
              The apostles wrote the Bible:
              (by the Spirit of God)
              • Ephesians 3:1-5 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles-- Surely you have heard about the administration of God's grace that was given to me for you, that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets.
              We are not to “add to” nor “take away” from the written Word:
              • Revelation 22:18-19 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

              • Galatians 1:8-9 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

              • 1 Corinthians 4:6 6 Now, brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not take pride in one man over against another
              In the Bible, God told us “everything He is going to tell us”!:
              • Faith - Galatians 1:11-24 11 I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ. 13 For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it.

              • . 14 I was advancing in Judaism beyond many Jews of my own age and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. 15 But when God, who set me apart from birth {15 Or from my mother's womb} and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man,

              • 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus. 18 Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Peter and stayed with him fifteen days. 19 I saw none of the other apostles-- only James, the Lord's brother. 20 I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie.

              • 21 Later I went to Syria and Cilicia. 22 I was personally unknown to the churches of Judea that are in Christ. 23 They only heard the report: "The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy."

              • “Once for all” -Hebrews 9:26-28 26 Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.

              • 27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
              God has given “All things Pertaining to Life and Godliness”
               2 Peter 1:3-4 3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

              • Peter maintains that the Bible doesn’t claim to teach us everything on every subject, but it does claim to teach us everything we need to know on every subject to please God.
              • Everything we need to have true life and please God is revealed in the Bible!
              • This is precisely why God does not want us to tamper with the Bible.
              • His Son delegated Authority to His Apostles.
              • Through the Holy Spirit, the apostle’s have written the Word through “Epistles.” (Letters) and these letters have been put into book form. (We call it the “Bible”)

              • Through the terms of the New Covenant we know:
              -how to worship God,
              -how to be obedient,
              -how to be saved,
              -the government of the church
              -and how to live our lives as a Christian.
              GOD
              \
              MAN JESUS
              | \
              MAN’S WORDS APOSTLES
              (No authority) \
              BIBLE
              (Apostles wrote Bible by Holy Spirit)

              --

              -- RinuSam <rinsam2002@...> wrote:

              =============
              Dear Jemyson Charles

              Thank you!I would appreciate your comments on what context or sense you did as I do not exactly follow what you commented in here. What Holy ghost revealed to Apostles are not completely written in the Bible as all apostles guided by Holy spirit went and preached Gospel to different regeons/nations and places of earth.The Acts Of Apostles mainly deals with Gospel work of Peter and Paul with their co-workers/disciples in the early church.This acts of apostles do not give account of gospel work done by other disciples.
              The book of revelation has many things that has to be taken place yet.The present Generation of Christians cannot exactly tell the meaning of all Visions of disciple John in book of revelation.

              Jesus said to his disciples that ".........Will the Father In Heaven give Holy Spirit to those who ask him".(Luke11:13)This means we have to ask the Father in heaven to get the Holy Spirit or to be filled with his Spirit. The days between Acension of Jesus and Day of Feast of pentacost are devotional period for orthodox Christians whereby whole church is fasting and praying for the fullness of Spirit in the church as well as in all faithful/ believers.

              The Holy spirit came on Jesus disciples on Pentacost Day. The Holy Spirit Revealed the "Truth" to them.However the present generation of Christians are unaware of the fullness of Holy spirit and they do not produce the "Fruits of Holy Spirit" as taught by St. Paul the apostle.
              the versus of John's gospel(16:13) is Still valid and applicable even today in our lives.

              WithPrayers
              Rinu Sam

              --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Jemeyson" <cjemeyson@...> wrote:

              > Hello Rinu Sam:
              >
              > Christ was speaking to His apostles at this time and told them that the Holy
              > Spirit would teach them all things and bring into remembrance all that He
              > had spoken to them (apostles). The things that the Holy Spirit brought back
              > into remembrance and taught them, the apostles put into writing (Bible). We
              > can be assured that we have the "full revelation" today from the Bible.
              > Praise His Name for leaving us the will of God.
              >
              > "The sum of thy Word is truth" (Psalms 119:160)
              >
              > Love,
              >
              > Charles
              >
              > San Antonio, Texas
              >

              > _____

            • RinuSam
              Message 6 of 7 , May 22, 2010
                Dear Jemeyson
                The verse in psalms119:160"The beginning of your word is Truth,and all the judgements of your righteousness are forever"The psalmist wrote this in his affliction or suffering and this was a plea for help from God. this means"all your words are true,all your righteous laws are eternal."this verse has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit invocation.
                let us walk in in the Light

                RinuSam

                --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Jemeyson" <cjemeyson@...> wrote:

                > Hello Rinu Sam:
                >
                > Christ was speaking to His apostles at this time and told them that the Holy
                > Spirit would teach them all things and bring into remembrance all that He
                > had spoken to them (apostles). The things that the Holy Spirit brought back
                > into remembrance and taught them, the apostles put into writing (Bible). We
                > can be assured that we have the "full revelation" today from the Bible.
                > Praise His Name for leaving us the will of God.
                >
                > "The sum of thy Word is truth" (Psalms 119:160)
                >
                > Love,
                >
                > Charles
                >
                > San Antonio, Texas
                >

                > _____

              • RinuSam
                Message 7 of 7 , May 24, 2010
                  Dear C.Jemeyson
                  God's authority is the Lord Creator's authority which was only given to Jesus Christ ,the begotten Son.(Read Philipian2:9-11). that Authority is not given By Jesus to his disciples. The authority Jessus Gave to His Disciples are make all nations to be His(Christ's)disciples.Jesus want all nations to be as his disciples.This is the authority which Jesus gave his diciples before his Acension.Making disciples cannot be done in the strength of man,but only with power of God.The power of resurrection is not only for Jesus himself,but is given to all faithful believers of christ.
                  The authority(mathew28:20) Christ declares that the authority that was His by nature in His Divinity is also now possessed by his Glorified human nature. This hunan nature has now trampled the final enemy-death.(1Cor15:20-28)
                  The bible for the Church,and church is not bible. As the church is First started with the power of God,for the church to continue in God's presence ,Spirit and power,the epistle were written later. The Present day bible came in Church for usage about A.D.400.The 12 apostles preached Gospel into Various nations with the power of Holy spirit,later they wrote epistles for the believers to follow the tradions(oral teachings) and by epistle(written)(Read 2 thessol 2:15)
                  Thomas, The apostle came and preached Gospel in India(Malankara),and by that that time there were no bible or epistle in Indian Church.The only epistle available in indian church in earlt centuaries was Gospel according to Mathew written in Aramic language.
                  The Indian church continued in existence without any bible for centuries.The first Bible(Present Day) was transalted in indian language by Europreans in the 16th centuary.It is The Holy spirit which guided the church from A.D. 52 onwards until this time.
                  As Father sent Jesus,he was senting his disciples(John20:21)>Please refer Acts 26:18
                  Jesus is the King of ages,God for all,Immortal.The versus in John 20:21He was Commissioning the disciples to continue his mission on earth.(Also refer luke 4;18-19 for the mission of Jesus)
                  in Ephesians 5:18 Paul the apostle urge the faithful/beleivers to Be Filled with the Spirit,This exactly what we are doing on feast of Pentacost:- For The Holy Spirit to Kindle the belivers.We are doing the right thing!

                  Galatians1:8-9 The Angelic message are always neceassirly true,this may come from fallen Angels,who are accursed!This the warning of apostle paul to Galatians.True gospel is taught by apostles,but may deccare now themselves be apostles
                  A true aposle brings glory to God and not himself.

                  There nothing wrong in our MOSC tradtions or practise.

                  RinuSam