Are we christians?

  • jacob chacko
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2010
      *Dear all:*
      *Our Lord Jesus Christ had only 3 years ministry in this sinful world.But he
      could do wonders.He has warned us that the present world will be destroyed
      and his kingdom will come.On that judgement day the dead will also rise and
      then he will judge the living and the dead.*
      *Are we prepared for that?Are we preparing our future generation for that?*
      *We as a church has four major duties.*
      *1)Love god -100%*
      *2)Love others*
      *3)Offer our bodies as living sacrifice.*
      *4)Evangelism-spread the good news about jesus's love,salvation and his new
      kingdom.*
      **
      *But What do we do???????????????*
      *We are on a celebration mood with harvest festival,sports ,construction
      committee like Nohas time.It is pathetic.I am so sorry to say that.*
      *Let us not to waste time on these things and start working for Jesus's
      Kingdom.*
      **
      *The world may end tomorrow.We dont have time.We have only precious time for
      Gods kingdom.(millions are suffering and dying because they dont have money
      for single meal or money for single injection.)We spend lakhs for harvest
      festival and other celebrations.*
      * *
      *Please look deep into Christianity and you can see we dont own anything
      other than our soul.Out of 1100 million population in India 800 million are
      below poverty line.Only 1.2 % of indians owns vehicles.Why did god give us
      an opportunity to be in the top wealth bracket of India?*
      *Is he partial?*
      *He is not.Please read the following passage from the bible.We may not be
      alive tomorrow.*
      The Rich Man and Lazarus

      19"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and
      lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus,
      covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table.
      Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

      22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to
      Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried.23In
      hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with
      Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me
      and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue,
      because I am in agony in this fire.'

      25"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you
      received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is
      comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and
      you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to
      you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

      27"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's
      house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not
      also come to this place of torment.'

      29"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen
      to them.'

      30" 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to
      them, they will repent.'

      31"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets,
      they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "
      The Sheep and the Goats

      31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him,
      he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be
      gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a
      shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his
      right and the goats on his left.

      34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are
      blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you
      since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me
      something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a
      stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was
      sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

      37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry
      and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see
      you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When
      did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

      40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one
      of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

      41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are
      cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I
      was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me
      nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed
      clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not
      look after me.'

      44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty
      or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help
      you?'

      45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one
      of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

      46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to
      eternal life."

      *please see the attached photographs.Hope that will change our attitude and
      surrender our lives for christ .pleased download and keep it on your desk
      top.
      Do we want an eternal life or an eternal punishment?????
      *Reg Jacob

    • RinuSam
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2010
        --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, jacob chacko <jacob.c8@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed
        > clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not
        > look after me.'
        >
        > 44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty
        > or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help
        > you?'
        >
        > 45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one
        > of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
        >
        > 46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to
        > eternal life."
        >
        > *please see the attached photographs.Hope that will change our attitude and
        > surrender our lives for christ .pleased download and keep it on your desk
        > top.
        > Do we want an eternal life or an eternal punishment?????

        DearJacob Chacko *Reg
        Are We Christians? It is Christ who makes the belivers/faithful as Christians Through the work of Holy spirit.We are not Jesus Christ, The begotten son of God. We are pottery and Christ is the Potter.We cannot make everything like Christ with in 3 years or change everything in this world.
        But God Has given us Life and through our life we are supposed to follow Jesus and His Ways.Then we become Christians.
        Even Jesus's time of Public Ministry(3 years) there were people suffering from various Deseases,hunger and poverty,slavery etc.
        Even That time All activities such as construction, Harvest,Festivals and other celeberations were there.Mission work includes Evengelisation and Chariities and Christians/churches still follow the same.
        When you say Love God 100% and Love others/neighbours are you self follow these? examine youselves at first.First remove the plank from your own eye,and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's Eye.
        Think and do yourselves whom you are and what you can really do?

        Rinu Sam
        Kenya