Happy Christmas

  • Dr.George Jacob, PhD
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2009
      Dear MOSC Group members,

      And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins, Matt 1:21.

      The Spirit of this season is to celebrate the birth of Jesus, but is it being done in the Spirit of Christ? " . . . If any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his," Ro 8:9. It is in this name Jesus that we receive the good news of the Gospel, but there are many questions about what constitutes the gospel.

      The Apostle Paul warns of the seriousness of this question in Ga 1:6-12. "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ."

      The gospel of Christ teaches that the name Jesus means SAVIOUR, but Saviour from what? ". . . He shall save his people from their sins." Jesus warns in M't 21:8-44 against seizing upon the death of the Son for the inheritance without the fruit of true repentance. They held the doctrines of Balaam, Re 2:14, wanting to die the death of the righteous, Nu 23:10b, while walking in the ways of unrighteousness, Ne 13:2.

      The gospel of Christ teaches how Jesus saved His people from their sins. "For by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous," Ro 5:19. This points to the eternal wonder of Christ's perfect obedience. Jesus stepped into those waters of baptism voluntarily.

      There was no compulsion upon Him. Jesus immersed Himself under that holy wrath of His Father to pay the penalty of sin and came up again of His own voluntary act. "Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."

      The Father was glorified by the obedience of Jesus unto death, even the death of the cross.

      Best Wishes for New Year

      George, Sherin, Paul & Sini