Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1313 , Nov 9, 2009
      "...should you feel that you have done something praiseworthy, you should attribute it to God, proclaiming Him as its cause and gratefully praising Him for it and not yourself."

      St. Gregory Palamas.

      "Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another." Galatians 5:26

      Prayer Requests:

      Peter and family - inoperable grade 4 brain tumour
      Eman, Hany and Daniel - Suffered serious injuries from a car accident
      The family of Neveen M.
      Emil S. - Open heart surgery.
      Clement - Lung and liver cancer
      M.M.- metabolic syndrome
      Mary Ann G. - Stomach Cancer
      Sherien - Cancer
      Emad. Please pray for his family
      Theresa - Cancer.
      Scott - Crones Disease
      J. Shapiro - Cancer.
      C.L. - Complete recovery after a tragic car accident.
      T.M. - Imprisoned in Abu Dhabi
      M. Ragheb - Out of the ICU but he is still under critical care
      M. Fleming - Multiple brain and spinal cord diseases.
      Fr. Wissa Bessada
      G. Roubil - Out of ICU
      Elizabeth - Liver cancer.
      The Coptic mission trip to Mexico.
      Camilo, Julio Renaldo, Diego and family, Hong and Pablo - Accept the faith and get baptized.
      H.H. Pope Shenouda III
      David - rectal and liver cancer.
      The family of Larry W. - May the Lord grant them peace.
      H.M - Hardship.
      William H. - Cancer
      Makram G. - Liver Cirrhosis in the last stages
      Emad - Lung cancer.
      Albert - Operation
      Abanoub
      Eva S - Breast Cancer- Thank God the critical stage is over and she's recovering well now!
      M.B.- Breast Cancer
      Mark - brain tumor
      Fr. Anthony H.
      Luka-- May God unite him with his family.
      F.Z. may God help him in his service.
      Tasony Esther, May God heal her and comfort her.
      Akmal T. - Major heart surgery.
      Amal M - Lymphoma Cancer.
      Shery - Tumor near her spinal chord.
      E.Salamah - Breast Cancer.
      Mena - Displaced mandibular joint.
      Esme - Severe lupus with heart & brain function involvement.
      Yvone Y. - Serious Eye Surgery. The doctors now feel she might not need the surgery at all.
      Anthony - PTSD from Iraq
      Elisha Mary - return to Communion
      E. - Brain tumor, 22 yrs old with 2 kids.
      M. Chouinard and her family and students.
      Sharon P - Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, PTSD
      Jan P - pancreatic cancer
      Becky Cox D - bone marrow cancer
      Eric G - throat cancer
      Samantha M - Type 1 diabetes
      Amelia T - Breast Cancer
      Anthony C - Kidney Stones
      Emad: To be closer to God
      Safa: To be closer to God
      Badra: Comfort
      Souzy: Guidance
      Leelamma M - Please pray for her family.
      Vladimir and Vaclav.
      Steve - Depression.
      M Said.
      Viola, Cancer - pray for her and her family to know the Lord and understand HIS work
      Nagwa S. - Suffers from brain and spinal tumors caused by cancer that have left her unable to move or speak
      K. Abdelmessih

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Zachariah Jacob
      Message 1313 of 1313 , Dec 27, 2012
        Dear Mark,

        My friend Shyjit (age 37yrs) is suffering from Brain Tumor and has been undergoing treatment for the last 3 years. He is married and has two little daughters aged 10 and 7 years. He has also been diagnosed of Pneumonia and is currently in a Special ICU ward.

        Doctors have not given much hope but we are confident that our Lord can do wonders and wake him up from all his illness and sickness.

        Request you to pls remember in your daily prayers. I have faith and our Lord will cure him completely.

        Pls pass on this request to all your prayer groups and pray for his recovery.

        Yours in Christ
        Zachariah Jacob

        To: malankaraorthodoxsyrianchristian@yahoogroups.com
        From: spiritualwords@...
        Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:33:34 -0400
        Subject: [ MOSC ] Spiritual Words.

        "When we return to ourselves and remember the Heavenly Father, we may rightly use these words: 'Forgive us our debts.' Hence, even though one be a Moses or a Samuel, or any other man of outstanding virtue, in so far as he is a man, he does not consider these words less fitting for himself, seeing that he shares Adam's nature and participates in his exile. For since, as the Apostle says, 'in Adam we all die,' the words that are suited to Adam's penance are rightly applied to all who have died with him, so that after we have been granted the remission of our sins we may again be saved by the Lord through grace, as says the Apostle (cf. Eph. 2:5)."

        St. Gregory of Nyssa.

        "And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming." 1 John 2:28

        Prayer Requests:

        Ibrahim - Lung cancer

        Amal - Breast cancer

        Wageh S.- Cancer and heart surgeries

        George A. - Respiratory Problems.

        Fr. Athanasius Ava Mina - Intestinal problems.

        Huda S. - Peace and health.

        The family of Mary R.

        Rita P. - Ovarian Cancer

        Julia M.S. - An infant with a lung deficiency disorder

        Julie - In a coma from a serious car accident

        Marian L - Late stage MS

        Nadia - Lung cancer

        Heidi - Difficulty to conceive

        John - Brain aneurysm

        Eva - Paralyzed from a stroke

        Sonty P. - Suffering from cancer. Please pray for her healing and financial ability.

        Lidya P. - Suffering from a stroke.

        Rev. Davy P. - Suffering from hepatitis type B.

        Somaya M. - Being tested for breast cancer.

[...]

        Eva S - Recovery from a heart surgery.

[...]

        Viola - Pray for her soul and her family to know the Lord and understand HIS work

        Sandy: God open her eyes, give her wisdom

        Nicole: Wisdom

        Hazem A. - Overcome his addiction, and gives him strength & will power.

        Kip - Her spine is breaking down & will need surgery to have a rod inserted.

        Katherine - Make right decisions as she enters adulthood.

        Susan - Finds peace and overcome her suicidal thoughts.

        Sue's family - Return, as a family, to our church and find peace.

        Jacky A. and Family.

        John D. - Job

        The Orthodox community in Olympia, WA