To disolve the Church Disputes

  • Geogy Abraham
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2009
      Dear Mathew,
      I agree with your statement below.

      So in an ideal world can't the Syriac Orthodox Church have the same relationship or even a better relationship with the Indian Orthodox Catholicate that the SOC currently has with the Ethiopian Patriarcahte ? Can we get there?
      Unquote.

      Syrian Orthodox Church is very well happy to accept the Indian Orthodox Church as a brotherly church. It is Indian Orthodox Church who is filing cases against Patriarch of Antioch & Catholicose. Here in Malankara (i.e. Kerala)  the real dispute is for properties of Church. Syrian Orthodox Church in India are ready to compromise by conducting elections in all disputed churches (i.e. election to be conducted as per the parent church records only) under supervision of government authorities. The majority will take the church and the major properties and the minority take piece of land to built their church, if not, minority has to cooperate with the majority.

      If foresaid is done, then there will be no issues, which will help both churches in building a good relationship.

      Can this step taken by both the faction of the church ?

      Regards,
      Geogy Abraham

      Note: - I am writing the foresaid in good faith for the both Churches.

      Geogy Abraham
      +39-33429660002

    • rinsamkenya
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2009
[...]

        As Christians we should follow the Example of Abraham in Old testament
        Genesis 13:9 (Abram and Lot Part ways). If not as Jesus said in Mathew
        5:40 "If any one want sue you and take away your tunic let him also have your cloak"
        with Prayers
        Thomas Samuel
        Kenya
      • rinsamkenya
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2009
          Dear All
          What said was relating the disputed churches over years in courts without judgements.The Malankara church was one and Disunity and factions came later with advent of Europeans and then selfish interest of certain clergies of Malankara Church in 18th centuary.
          Good relationship can be only maintained with Divine Love and Faith .

          Thomas Samuel
          Kenya
        • abraham uthup
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 11, 2009
            It is high time that people have their facts right about this matter. In the absence of any meeting point between the 2 churches, the law of the land is the best resort & the same should be respected.
            From an orthodox perspective, we have no problem in accepting the jacobite church as a brotherly church. Just as queen elizabeth is the head of the commonwealth, the Patriach of Antioch also is given a similar position by the indian orthodox church constitution.
            One should also appreciate that the unlike the catholic church, the universal syrian orthodox church constitution is non democratic & no jacobite bishop can ever dream of being the patriach despite having more followers. It is not possible for any orthodox church member to envisage a situation where despite having majority leighty, we have to be injusticed.

            Abraham Uthup
            Coimbatore