Nil Sorsky

  • The Orthodox Bookstore
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
      The fathers teach that if prayers are only on the lips, but the spirit is not involved, it is as though prayer is being offered to the air. God pays attention to only to the spirit praying. - Nil Sorsky

      From Nil Sorsky: The Complete Writings
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3018648

    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20 5:11 PM
        Death's awful mystery comes upon us suddenly, and soul and body are violently
        severed, divorced from their natural union by the will of God. What shall we do
        at that hour if we have not thought of it beforehand, if we have not been
        instructed concerning this eventuality and find ourselves unprepared?

        Nil Sorsky
        http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/3018648/nil-sorsky-the-complete-writings