A Monk of the Eastern Church

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2009
      As for me, Lord Jesus, I am one of those who believe
      in you because of Yourself. I believe in You because, with the help of Your
      grace, no image within me can replace or wipe Your image and because ne word,
      as much as Yours, can penetrate to the very depths of my heart. I believe in
      You because You have made me know the beauty of Your face... I believe in You
      because, for me, outside of You there is nothing.

      A Monk of the Eastern Church
      From:
      Jesus, A Dialogue with the Savior
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3931763

      Looking for a good book for Lent?
      Consider, Jesus, A Dialogue with the Savior. This book was originally
      published in French, by the Monastery of Chevetogne, in Belgium. The author was
      only known as a Monk of the Eastern Church, who was
      later discovered to be the late Archimandrite Lev Gillet. This book consists of 46 short
      meditations that recapture the words and scenes of the Gospels. The writings
      put the reader in direct contact with Our Savior who says �Follow Me.� The meditations
      will help to lead us to live the scriptures in order that we may rediscover the
      Word that touches our hearts, so that we may be able to follow Him.

    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2009
        My child, I have so many things to tell you! I would like so
        much to speak with you, to reveal Myself to you! If only you would turn towards
        Me, be silent and listen to Me! But you give me so few opportunities to open My
        heart to you! Do you want to converse with Me? Even if it we only for a few
        minutes each day?

        When we listen to Jesus, we become accustomed very quickly
        to Hi voice. We become capable of perceiving , if I may venture to say so, the
        Savior�s tone, the style which is peculiar to Him.

        A Monk of the Eastern Church
        From: