The zeal of thy house has consumed me

  • john_aliceau
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2008
      The zeal for thy house has consumed me
      By E.S.John, Australia
      King David was zealously aspiring to build a Temple for God to dwell
      in among the people, but was not allowed because of his hands
      spilling a river of blood that was the foundation stone of erecting
      an Israelite empire or kingdom, despite God was not in favour of
      having a king, as the Almighty wanted to lead His flock by Judges
      whom He used to choose from time to time. God's presence till the
      time of King Solomon, the son of David building a permanent building
      in Jerusalem was compensated by the tent of the Tabernacle that had
      to be carried during their exodus journey from Egypt to
      Palestine. "They serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly sanctuary;
      for when Moses was about to erect the tent, he was instructed by God,
      saying, "see that you make everything according to the pattern which
      was shown you on mountain", Heb.8: 5. Moses made the tabernacle
      according to the design given by God on Mount Sinai, while He dwelt
      with Moses for giving the Ten Commandments. Brooding over the
      presence of God and a permanent worshipping place for the Lord, King
      David's passionate desire of building a House for the Lord and
      worshipping Him sincerely found its expression in this verse, "For
      zeal for thy house has consumed me, and the insults of those who
      insult thee have fallen on me", Ps.69: 9. Though there was no
      methodical instructions how to worship God while giving the 10
      commandments, it was implicit that how and where the worship had to
      be done. Moses' five books delineate such things meticulously.
      Pattern and form of worship
      The Ten Commandments are the moral sides of the day to day
      worshipping style of God, not the practical sides of worshipping
      style or form in toto. How to set the venue for worship and what all
      necessary accessories that are associated with it are all explained
      in the other creeds and laws. If there was a technological aspect of
      how to make the venue and worship God in the OT period, there is also
      a definite worshipping method in the NT period. Some copycat churches
      propagate and multiply their numbers by dynamiting the apostolic
      method of celebrating the Holy liturgy, the bloodless sacrifice, and
      the first such pattern of service was written by St.James, the name
      of which is known as st.James' Thaksa, the brother of Jesus. The only
      difference is that the blood sacrifice is replaced by a web of
      bloodless sacrifice. Hence the design of the building in a set
      pattern and celebrating the sacrifice is the core element of the
      worship of God. If the High priest of the OT period was allowed to
      enter the Holy of the Holies only once in a year, the NT period
      priest is able to go the third holy place any time, as the veil is
      torn apart by the tearing of the veil of Jerusalem temple by the
      death cry of Jesus on the cross Heb.9: 1-10. "For if that first
      covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion for a
      second…..In speaking of a new covenant he treats the first as
      obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to
      vanish away", Heb.8: 7-13.
      This is thus proved basically that there is a set covenant formulated
      by the builders of the church. Such set rules or manuscripts though
      were written was not incorporated together with the bible, the
      subsequent wreckers of the early faith make it as an opportunity for
      mushrooming the numbers of the sects by misinterpreting the bible,
      despite the early faith is imbedded in the bible in very mysterious
      ways. The biblical treasures are hidden in a subtle way for the
      terrestrials, or in other words for the nominal or wayward or cultic
      Christians.
      We can ascribe two reasons for not maintaining the codified set rules
      like that of Moses' Pentateuch for the NT Christians, firstly, they
      were under the impression that the Lord would come to collect them
      during their lifetime, secondly, they also were not sure that bible
      would be printed and truck loaded in every corner of the world or
      could be presented in a match box size or in internet web, so that
      everyone could read and deal it in their own way. The bible was
      treated with full respect by the mainstream churches till yesterday,
      but it doesn't bring any respect or acceptance by some sects that
      either keeps it under their armpits or in between the thighs or
      wherever they like to. I had once two room mates, one a Marthommite
      and the other a Catholic, Reeth. The Marthommite friend showed a
      portion from the bible during the course of their hot arguments of
      the scripture; the Reeth friend got the bible in a fury and just
      threw it against the wall. There was no physical altercation because
      both of them were relatives. The Catholics don't encourage or
      venerate the bible reading because they give infallibility to the
      Pope, whereas the extreme Protestants' infallibility approach of the
      bible mislead them to their own undue destinations.
      The beauty of the Orthodox Church is that they give infallibility to
      the church that is the Body of Christ, despite the so-called
      centrists' one leg in the right canoe and the left in the other one
      during the cultural revolutions of the cultic Christian sects.
      Nothing is more important than the number of followers each
      denomination can add by hook or by crook is the war cry, so that
      their power can be displayed in the different realms of socio-
      economic platforms that fetch money and weight from the political
      system. There is no more real apostolic church now, Lk.18: 8; we have
      venues of heterogeneous worships that consists of Pharisees,
      Sadducees, zealots and Herodians who have paved the way for the
      crucifixion of the Lamb. There are amalgams of heterogeneous worships
      that are not a model of the early church anymore. The food that we
      eat are of hybrid products; the plants we have are of crossbreed
      species, the people we intermingle are of hybrid ethnicities and
      races and the worship that we offer to God are not pure like Abel's
      but of Cain's. Despite the centrist church claim that its modus
      operandi is the same as of the early church, the heretical elements
      from the left and right have defiled it on various ways. God reveals
      only fractions of mysteries to the seers from time to time, however,
      all prophesies will have to be fulfilled, though everything is in the
      capsule form is hidden in the scriptures.
      The Holy Church
      The church is holy because it is the abode of God with His children.
      The journey to the church starts from the miniature church, the
      family that is outwardly is a trinity, father, children and mother.
      The Holy Spirit who apparently represents the mother of the Christian
      family cares, nurtures and indwells within the whole members of the
      family. Just as the holy Trinity is inseparable, the members of the
      family are also inseparable because of them being electrified
      together with the fire of love, Jn.17: 11, 21. As the church is holy,
      it is considered that each member that is the brick of the building
      is also holy. Holy Catholicose means that the status or position is
      treated as holy, whether the person holding the position is holy or
      not. "…you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the
      household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and
      prophets, Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole
      structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the
      Lord; in whom you also are built into it for a dwelling place of god
      in the Spirit", Eph.2: 19-22; 1: 14; col.1: 17-20.

      Because Jesus is the head and the flock the body, we are expected to
      be holy. This symbolic holiness of each member is attained through
      the sacraments that the Lord prescribed through the priesthood which
      has the authority of forgiving the sins of the repenting flock. Just
      as the Aaronite priesthood of the OT prescribed the imperativeness of
      worship and its raiment, utensils and vestments, the items and the
      venue used for the bloodless sacrifice, despite a difference in the
      ingredients, also is same and sacred. As a prelude to the bloodless
      sacrifice of the New age, the eternal High priest Melchizedek( Jesus)
      king of Salem brought bread and wine; he was priest of God Most High,
      and He blessed Abraham, the Father of faith, Gen.14: 17-24; Heb.6: 19-
      7.3. Since then as a token of his gratitude Abraham gave a tenth of
      everything to God. Because Jesus has given His Body as our bread and
      drink, we offer everything and ourselves, not the tithe only, for the
      service of God in our worshipping places and also among our fellow
      beings. We may do such things to an extent for the temple sacrifice,
      but the most important is not the sacrifice alone, but also all our
      dealings that are done justly and truthfully towards God and our
      brethren. "I desire mercy, and not sacrifice, you would not have
      condemned the guiltless, Mt.12: 7; Ps.50: 23.
      Symptoms of the New Age
      Parish Assemblies
      Despite there have been sacrileges, corruptions, money games,
      blasphemes and power games in our worshipping places, the modern age
      that has no respect for justice, values, truth and faith is the
      uncrowned monarchs of our religious venues due to the blinding of our
      inner eyes. The difficulty is that these carnivorous desecrations
      that have driven away the Holy Spirit from the vicinities of our
      churches and monasteries are the real obstacles for our improvements.
      I have either read or heard about one of our bishops who participated
      in a Holy qurbana in a Byzantine Orthodox churches talked to somebody
      who was in the church after the worship. A woman immediately dashed
      forward and asked thirumeni to go outside and talk because they have
      the strict discipline of not speaking any personal matters or seeking
      queries where they celebrate the holy mysteries. We all had such
      traditions once, but they are all out of date since the beginning of
      new theological encroachments. God's Holiness should be venerated
      always and everywhere. But tragically the law makers have proved
      themselves as law breakers. When I was a young adult, I remember to
      have witnessed an episode that brought the local Congress party
      members into the church for a branch meeting due to the unexpected
      raining, but immediately was stopped by a Marxist Communist member of
      the church. It sounded as if God belonged to the Congress party.
      General Body meetings
      In my youth days we used to have meetings in the parish assembly
      halls, but all these auditoriums now are for food caterings and
      public theatres that bring money and popularity for the church. In
      such a scenario, the parish meetings have become a part of the Holy
      of the Holies, claiming that the sacrosanct meetings are a part of
      our worship; thus the church has become a place of these meetings and
      a fortress for the vicar for inducing scare tactics, saying that the
      parish meetings are all part of the worship. The clergy that
      attribute holiness to these meetings inject fear into the minds of
      the devotees, so that the vicar and his cronies can do anything that
      they want. The fear of God has vanished away from the clergy and the
      so-called believers, as they think that a decorated church and
      celebrating festivities in a grand and elaborate way conjure up God
      for their own advantages. They pre-plan all what they want to decide
      and the meetings are stage managed in tune with their previous
      arrangements; hence a sane person tremble to go for a General Body
      meeting that usually propagate holy hooliganism. The inside of the
      place also where holy credentials and puja indispensability are kept
      are lately decorated like pagan worship places, like electric
      decorations, colourful frills or thoranams that block the Heavenly
      luminosities and decorated Christmas trees with Christmas gifts and
      the raiment of Christmas father who give gifts benevolently and
      taking photos and displaying the valuable roles of each self-assumed
      heroes in sports, camps, choir and many other public and social
      activities, making an impressions that the `holy' cosmetics are
      venerated where the golden urn holding the manna, Aaron's rod that
      budded, the tables of the covenant and the mercy seat were placed
      once, Heb.9: 1-5.

      In spite of claiming that the church is holy, all sorts of cheap
      jokes and vulgarities, character assassinations that make acrimonious
      scenes are the usual pattern of these meetings. A determined minority
      that hijacks the vulnerable ones by threats and false statements
      bring many of them to their knees. They pervert the truth
      deliberately by twisting with sugar-coated statements. The audited
      Accounts are many times proven to be a procession of falsities and a
      procession of fraudulent super computer gimmicks that could tarnish
      the genuineness of certain individuals and elect their own bravados
      for running the parish affairs. Such scenarios are artificially
      created, so that they could do defame certain persons. The religious
      Ministers' ejaculations these days are that let the senior people
      retire, like in the days of King Rehoboam, and the youngsters take
      charge of the parish for better management, making a false veil that
      the computer is a Heavenly invention. The Computer technologies are
      helpful, provided the data that are fed are not falsified.

      Many of today's clergy, together with their associates, doesn't
      hesitate to go to any extent and prowl upon the innocent ones by
      pointing out their victim's personal, family and social dealings that
      seemingly create a black aura, as if they were all angels of light.
      Many priests hire the youth and electrify them with all sort of new
      versions of modern spirituality and religiosity. This type of
      political and real estate spirituality has really sedated the church
      that sends out the committed youths and their family members to the
      periphery or to the other religious wolves of charismatic venues. If
      the fear of the Lord has disappeared from the clergy and the flock,
      who can salvage the shpherdless flock. Litigations, scuffling,
      feuding and conflicts are the outcome of such acrimonious situations
      which have struck the last nail on the coffin of the Apostolic
      churches. Personal gratification that mortifies the body of Christ is
      the last sign of the doomsday religiosity.
      Righteousness of God
      God is a righteous Judge, Ps.7. Righteousness and justice are the
      foundation of thy throne; steadfast love and faithfulness go before
      thee, Ps.89: 14; 7: 11. There is not absolute truth or justice in our
      parish decision- making venues. Cronyism from the top to the bottom
      is the order of the day. Truth is mooted and falsity reigns because
      of power struggle of a minority that craves in grabbing the power
      like that of Absalom. The judge allows a lobbying minority to make
      sway everything in line with the vandalisers, making God as an alien
      to our hierarchical spiritual order. As it has become a Sunday club
      that fosters for thriving the business interests and cosmetic
      celebrations of rituals and festivities, all our meetings should take
      place in the church halls, not within the church, due to the
      desecration of the holy name of God. We used to have nercha,
      oblations, during the festival days; this is now replaced with
      catering food and pompous decorations and music in the style of
      political platforms and elections.
      Parish or hierarchical Elections
      The church or parish has become a duplicate of the political system
      that horse trade for power and position in an unethical and monstrous
      way in countries which go in tune with the culture and background set-
      up of the particular nation in question. The carnivorous taste of
      power that whet jealousy and head weight is as old as Cain and Abel.
      It is a sad situation that the body of Christ also has become a prey
      of political black magic. This sort of election propaganda and group
      polarization that wipeout all our moral and religious fervour has
      proven to be a deadlock for the progress of spiritual life and its
      cultivation. Unity of mind in Christian love is the salt and butter
      of our breathing; if that is infringed upon without any moral values,
      it is a sign of degradation of religion which used to impart
      spiritual knowledge to an extent to its followers.

      The clergy and laity work together for this spiritual suicide that
      devastates our inner strength and moral fibre. Borrow the good side
      of the voting system, because we have already assimilated within the
      gamut of the political hierarchy, but don't become a carbon copy of
      the secular mechanism that is not allowed to stimulate religiosity or
      godly appetite because political system is devoid of spirituality of
      any particular religion, as there are different religions and castes
      and ways of worships. Morality and religiosity are the common
      denominators of religion and politics, not any faith or creed of any
      religion. Our day to day running of the parish with this sort of an
      amalgam of anything heterogeneous is not a healthy climate for
      inculcating human relationship that is the grease of our sound
      existence. We borrow any filth that can help the money-making venture
      for the parish and also bring glory for ourselves. Instead of
      religion becoming a role model and educating the secular system, it
      is a pity that religion has become an identical twin of the ruling
      hierarchy. The religious places have become a copycat culture of
      business enterprises and eating and drinking merriment cafes that
      also is authenticated by inappropriate biblical verses that sound
      like `devil quoting the bible', the reason for youth and women power
      to be highlighted and edified, Is.3: 12.
      If we follow Jesus, we have to fight against, firstly, the leaven of
      the Pharisees, Sadducees, Zealots and Herodians, then, secondly only
      against the invading Caesar. We become a prey of Caesar when there is
      disunity among us. But it is certain that one who girds with the
      weapons of this formula, one will lose his head. Jesus whipped out
      such business zealots that encouraged these sorts of soul-killing
      trades from the Temple ramparts during the last week of His
      crucifixion. The cosmetic piety that hides a multitude of sins for
      the sake of satisfying the lust of the flush, though one knows the
      normal way of religious life, is the art of the people with the
      leavened bread, Mt.16: 11. Jesus sold off His life for the last crime
      He did by evicting the Shylocks from the Temple. Hatching any plot,
      saying blatant lies and pulling the legs of the fellow worshippers is
      a style of our parishes or church meetings during these days of money-
      harvesting turbulence. But it is only a tip of the iceberg, what is
      underneath below has no measure or weight or depth. In such an
      adverse climate, it is better to stop such elections and go back to
      the culture of the early church that used to select people by casting
      lots, Acts.1: 26. No more time left to waste our spiritual resources
      that cannot be enhanced in this age of apostasy.
      Zeal for the House of the Lord
      The real seal and zeal is the holiness of the Lord who broods in His
      House for giving the spirit of the Spirit of God. One has to serve
      the Lord with complete zeal and passion that sheds light everywhere
      around. The church and its hierarchy should swim against the social
      currents and save those who are lost in the social intercourse of the
      spirits, pagans, fanatics, agnostics, atheists, humanists and
      spiritual perverts. When Jesus drove out all these Temple adulterers,
      the apostles were thrilled by the psalmist's zeal for the House of
      the Lord, Jn.2: 15. "Jesus entered the temple of God and drove out
      all who sold and bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables
      of the money changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons. He
      said to them, "It is written, `My house shall be called a house of
      prayer'; but you make it a den of robbers", Mt.21: 12-13.
      It has really been denigrated as a place of robbery because we have
      killed the real spirit of worship. We made it unholy through the
      vanity celebrations and business interests that bring money and
      pervert the true spirit of chaste faith. Those who intend to go to
      hell after their death should celebrate their birthdays and wedding
      anniversaries and other pagan celebrations in this life because we
      don't get another chance as there is no room for any enjoyments in
      the place where wailings and gnashing of teeth are our inheritance.
      We bury the dead with musical bands and long funeral processions
      because we also celebrate together at the same time their birth
      celebrations by angels and the faithful departed ones in Heaven where
      their virginity continue in luminous gaiety and mirth for ever. One
      who longs to have an eternal birthday should abstain from all sorts
      of superfluous enjoyments here. The contemporary writers of Jesus
      wrote that Jesus never laughed in His life because of His
      overburdening with the sins of humanity. Instead of sharing and
      working for the emancipation of the afflicted ones we celebrate in
      the church all such banalities that are lately imported into our
      spirituality menu.
      While we celebrate such ephemeral prayers after the worship that ask
      for a happy exit from this plane, is it necessary to pray for a merry
      birthday when Jesus' birth, death, resurrection and ascension that
      carved each individual's salvation is assured, provided we also move
      in that orbit? Have our clergy that say "wish you a happy birthday
      after the Holy Eucharist" condescended down to the level of street
      merry makers who sing Hurray, `He is a jolly good fellow'? Female and
      gay clergy that are added to the list of abominations of desolation
      of the Holy Spirit are the final -day saga of the end of the dying
      planet that is benumbed by climate change, global warming and other
      geriatric symptoms, Mt.24: 15. The list for the abominations of
      desolation of the Spirit of God is vast and unending. The first sign
      of the final day scenario of finishing of this planet is a sign of
      the real estate spirituality of the knocking off time of this
      planet. "…there will not left here one stone upon another, that will
      not be thrown down", mt.24: 1-2.
      Real estate spirituality
      There is no Holies or Holy of the Holies now. This is about the
      forewarning of the demolition of the Jerusalem temple that was built
      in high splendor of elegance and captivation by depositing gold in
      between the bricks. It took 46 years for building the third Temple
      for the Jews, whereas for Christ only three days. Our body is the
      temple of worship; clean it up first before we start our worship in
      the church, Cor.3. If we want to keep the temple clean, cleanse our
      body, mind and spirit. We also face the same old scenario now; but
      we are demolishing the church buildings and build big mansions for
      renovations sake and better modern look, destroying the design and
      antique architecture of the gothic structure. This mania for real
      estate spirituality is a contagious disease because of competitions
      and craving for fashions and cosmetic appearance and also for
      personal gains. Look or appearance is a sign of modernity and
      snobbery that we can't help it due to the minting of excess fossil
      money by hook or by crook.
      The same dubious time of Jesus has already blossomed now. Only a slim
      minority care for the physical or worshipping purity or holiness of
      the House of the Lord. Only the bishops were allowed to sit in the
      Basilica or they were only empowered to bless the devotee with a
      cross in the bygone days, but things have changed dramatically
      because of the crossbreed theology from the four quarters of the
      world. Just as the Jewish hierarchy earned good name and high-profile
      status by the desecration of the Lord's House, the super-tech era
      that consumed all the higher values of life and spirituality is
      thriving by defiling the Holy name of God and His House, highlighting
      that the church hierarchies are the gatekeepers of Heaven for any
      Nick and Harry. But for believers, it is a testing time of
      uncertainties and multiplicities of standards. Those who live ahead
      of their times in today's carnivorous world, are put under immense
      pressures, torments and tortures by the Judases who do anything for
      30 silver coins. "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet
      believe", Jn.20: 29.