Serve Jesus

  • Dr.George Jacob,PhD
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2008
      Dearly Beloved,
      Christ was sanctified to do the work of a Redeemer. His church is sanctified
      to do the work of the redeemed. The work of the Redeemer was meritorious. The
      work of the redeemed is to glorify God. That’s the purpose of our
      sanctification. The purpose of His creation was that He might be glorified in
      the service of man.

      Christ was sanctified to do the work of the Redeemer. Watch this in
      Philippians 1:27: Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel
      of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of
      your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving
      together for the faith of the gospel.

      The Word of God is the basis, it is the authority, it is the washing of the
      water of the Word. And we are sanctified by the truth.

      Our conversation becomes one of the first evidences of our sanctification.
      Where your heart is your conversation is also.

      Ephesians 4:22-23 says: That ye put off concerning the former conversation
      the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed
      in the spirit of your mind.

      If all you hear in a man conversation is comments on covetous things and
      deceitful lusts, then you would have to say that his sanctification has a long
      way to go. The spirit of the mind must be renewed.

      The words in our text, "through the truth" as rendered by the original, may be
      said to mean, "through the truth," "in the truth," "for the truth," or
      "truly," that is, truly sanctified as opposed to legal purifications as we
      read in Hebrews 9:13-14: For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the
      ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the
      flesh: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit
      offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to
      serve the living God?

      This is being truly sanctified. The heart is truly cleansed.