The Young AltarServers(Madbaha Srushukkar)

  • samtho55
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2008
      I refer to a recent article by elder brother Yesudasan's comments in
      MALANKARA SABHA regarding the above.I totally agree with it

      I also came across with such incidents in one of the parish in New york

      The young altar servers are not caring the importance of Holy Qurbana.

      especailly two times they are non attendive or idle during the
      serviceof Holy Qurbana.
      They do not come and attend the morning prayers before holy qurbana on
      sundays.They come during the end of 3rdhour prayer(monnam mani
      namaskaram)in church.
      While singing "anpudoyene nin vathil" these young altar servers are
      idle and they do not participate in singing the hymn.They don't
      undersatnd the importance of that part of our sevice.Although the
      servicebook(Holy
      Qurbana kramam) explain the context and occassion well they do not
      follow it up.
      when serving the holy Mysteries(Visudha Qurbana Kodukkumpol)the
      congregation sing "reksakanura cheythan enmeiyrekthangal" these young
      altar servers listen to their cell phones/or play ring tones etc.
      We have the book "Devotional study of Holy Qurnaba " By Brnabas
      Metropolitan available in all churches in U S A.Either the parish
      priests or the parents of these young altar servers should tell/advise
      them how to be paricipating in the Holy Mystery services of our churh.

      Samuel Thomas
      New york