Re: Kalpana against Prof.My.Yohannan << Moderators Note>>

  • ronniedaniel1953
    Message 1 of 30 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hi Manoj,

      Did you study in English medium school ??
      Did any one ask you to accept the leadership of the queen of england
      tin order to be eligible to study in english medium school..

      rgds
      ronnie

      --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, manoj george
      <manoj3026@...> wrote:

      > hello,
      > first if u tell u are a syrian christian u first
      > accept the leadership of antioch patriach the
      > base.othersise show the courage to tell u are only
      > orhodox malankara xian only rgds manoj
      >
      > << << << ------------------ Moderators Note -------------->> >> >>
      > It is indeed time to ammend the name of the church. We are conncted
      to Syrian Patriarch from just 300 years. The Malankara Church is also
      known as the Orthodox Church of India.

      > << << << ------------------ Moderators Note -------------->> >> >>

    • abraham uthup
      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 28, 2008
        I feel all of us are missing one point. Our church is
        known as the Orthodox Syrian church & we should be
        proud of it.
        The word syrian stands for our the west syriac
        litturgical tradition that we follow & nothing else.
        Our church constitution also recognises the patriach
        of antioch as our primate just in the way queen
        elizabeth is accepted as the head of the commonwealth
        by all commonwealth countries including india. We
        however conduct our day to day affairs independently.
        Manoj george should also realise that there are more
        syrian christians in india that in the whole world put
        together & we should be proud of it.

        Rgds
        Abraham
      • moscelder
        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 30, 2008
          Dear Abraham,
          You have said some valid points. May I add to them. We are burdening ourselves with the past if we cling to the syrian / Patriarch saga.Legacies apart lets do something for our own salvation and for the future of our coming generations. Couple of points.

          We must let go of litigation.

          We must be known only as the Indian Orthodox Church.

          We must adopt a new constitution and relieve the Patriarch of his
          position.

          We must let go of syrian language and dress code.

          We must adopt Malayalam / local languages .

          We must spread gospel all over the land.

          We must baptise and re-introduce orthodox faith all over India and
          the East which alone is chaste and holy.

          Itoop Korah
          MOSCELDER