Homemade Salsa & Sour Cream Banana Pudding

  • Sherin & Alice
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2004
      Homemade Salsa

      1 onion diced
      1 can green chilies diced
      1 can jalapenos diced
      2 cans stewed tomatoes
      1 can whole tomatoes
      Garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Mix all in blender until chunky

      Sherin

      Sour Cream Banana Pudding

      2 large boxes Sugar Free & Fat Free Instant Vanilla Pudding
      3 Cups Milk
      4 oz. Low Fat Sour Cream
      2 each - 8 oz containers of Low-Fat Cool Whip
      4 or 5 bananas - sliced
      Vanilla wafers

      Combine vanilla pudding mix with milk. Stir until thickened. Add sour cream. Stir well. Add one container of cool whip. Stir well. In 9"x13" baking pan, layer vanilla wafers, pudding mixture, then bananas. Cover with second container of cool whip. This is the best banana pudding I have ever had. Takes 5 minutes to make, plus it is practically dietary! ~ Alice ~
    • alice john
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3 1:51 PM
        As far as I remember, it has been a compulsory thing to fast during the fasting days prescribed by the church, despite many members don't follow the teachings of the church. There are exceptions for children, sick people, pregnant women, etc. I request thirumeni to clarify my dilemma if the church has liberalized the rule lately.

        E.S.John, Australia

        Blessings upon Bobby and all members,

        Christmas is a happy lent. It is not compulsory and strict rules are not adhered to in totto.

        However if you wish to fast, the typical way would be to eat only one meal a day. No non veg food, no alcohol and abstain from sex and other desires. We have yama namaskaram which involves 7 times prayer a day. However for the working , Prabhata( After waking in the morning) , Ucha ( meal time) and sandhya ( before bed time), namaskarams would be fine. It is appropriate to attend and recieve holy qurbana on wednesday and friday.

        Exemptions:
        Children below 10 years , Elders above 60 years, Any Sick, Weak women , nursing mothers , people undergoing chemotherapy and other related treatments are fully exempted from LENT , including the 40 days valiya noyambh

        Much said about the lent , it is a great time to have regular family prayers . This can be done atleast once a day according to convenience. I am very happy to know that young people are thinking about fasting.

        In His love
        Metropolitan Mar Athanasius

        The only forum for all Christians to express their views freely.