God

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      One of my friend always ask this question:
      When God was on earth who was in Heaven?
      If Jesus was God, who was he praying to?
      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington DC

    • jose_ua
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
        Jesus is true God and true man at same time. Because Jesus was born and
        died as man doesnt mean He gave up godship at anytime. Apostle Paul
        says He ( Jesus) lowered himself willingly. Jesus also said He dies
        willingly and on His own. Laying down and taking back His life. This
        authority He has recieved from the father.

        Prayer is communion with God and Jesus was in communion with His father
        and His Holy spirit all the time. God exists in trinity always.
        At the point of baptism ( here Jesus lowers himself even before John
        the Baptist) and God the father sees him and announces his approval by
        sending his spirit on Jesus in the form of a dove.

        The greatness of the Son is His humility before His father and His
        intense love for man. Both of these are acceptable offerings to God the
        father. So if anyone mimics His son the father approves. And everyone
        whom the son permits will enter the kingdom of God.

        God wants us to be like Jesus and to pray often.

        Jose

        --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, shibu podiyan
        <podiylu@...> wrote:

        > One of my friend always ask this question:
        > When God was on earth who was in Heaven?
        > If Jesus was God, who was he praying to?
        > Shibu Podiyan
        > Washington DC

      • tmkandathil
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
          Dear Shibu,

          Your friend asked you this question but you did not mention what
          your answer was. What ever it may be I have a few things to say. If
          we link what we have learned in our childhood with our present life,
          we will be able to give him the correct answer.
          We believe that the God is the creator and we are His creation. When
          God created the human beings, He created him in His own likeness and
          He loved His creations. God gave a special gift to his lovely
          creation and it is the thinking power.
          The ultimate achievement of a human being in his life is gaining the
          wisdom and it is nothing but the depth of his knowledge about God
          and His Kingdom. God and His Kingdom are far beyond our limits of
          thinking and imagination. Since we have the freedom of thinking we
          think according to our imagination and our creativity. Man started
          thinking and ended up finding too many Gods.
          When we make something we certainly have a plan of what it should
          be, likewise God has His own plans for his lovely creation, Seeing
          his wild thinking God helped him to find the way to God by sending
          teachers in the form of prophets and he showed the amazing power and
          strength of people who believed in God and had the fear of his
          kingdom.
          Like every plan has a milestone to achieve, the time came and God
          sent His only son Jesus to earth. Since He came from the Father, He
          knows God and His kingdom. He taught the Kingdom of God more
          authoritatively. Life on earth is not eternal, the Son of God, (the
          complete God and the complete Man) was crucified for us and He (the
          Father) sent the Holy Spirit (another mile stone achievement).
          We believe in this GOD i.e. the Trinity (The Father, The Son and the
          Holy Spirit).
          Also we being an Indian we can also be proud of our forefathers the
          Wiseman (Rishis) who had seen this in their spiritual vision
          thousands of years back. They named that as `Ohm', the source of all
          positive energy, `Ohm' means Parabrhammam, the trinity (Brahma,
          Vishnu, Maheswar).

          We being Orthodox Christians should know God as Trinity (the Father,
          the Son and the Holy Spirit)

          You may now please tell to your friend `What is God' and clear his
          doubt.

          Regards,

          Thomas Mathew Kandathil