A Contrast Between Yahweh ( True God) and Allah

  • groupelder
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 16, 2007
      Dear Moderators and MOSC members,
      I found this article by By Jim Searcy. Its something we need to know when dealing with Islam.

      Allah was created by Mohammed in the 7th Century AD; Yahweh CREATED Heaven & Earth BEFORE THERE WAS TIME

      Allah is the god of Islamic people; Yahweh is The One True God of ALL and Owner of the fullness of Heaven and Earth

      Allah is the god of the Quran; Yahweh is the God of the Bible

      Allah is the god of HATE; Yahweh is the God of LOVE

      Allah is the god of Vengeance; Yahweh is the God of Forgiveness

      Allah needs his people to fight for him; Yahweh fights for His people

      Allah can lie; Yahweh Can NOT Lie

      Allah can be CAPRICIOUS and Unknowable; Yahweh is TRUSTWORTHY, does NOT Change, and honors His Word above His Name, and desires that we come to KNOW Him as our Father.

      Allah has NO Savior; Yahweh gives FREE Salvation through the Blood Sacrifice of His Only Begotten Son Yeshua The Messiah, Jesus The Christ.

      Allah MIGHT give salvation by our WORKS; Yahweh offers salvation as a FREE Gift of His Grace through the work of His Son The Lord Jesus Christ.

      Allah has no mediator; Yahweh gave Yeshua, Jesus, as the one and only Mediator

      Allah does not talk to people; Yahweh communicates with His people

      Allah gives NO WAY to be certain of eternal life; Yahweh gives ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY of Eternal Life

      Allah is the moon god; Yahweh is the Creator of Heaven and Earth

      Allah is the god of War; Yahweh is the God of Peace

      Allah is the god of bondage; Yahweh is the God of Freedom

      Allah is a god of religion; Yahweh is the God of Relationship

      Allah Commands Murder of infidels; Yahweh Forbids Murder of Anyone

      Allah permits 4 wives; Yahweh forbids Adultery

      Allah allows no certainty of Eternal Life; Yahweh gives Absolute Certainty of Eternal Life

      Allah calls for a walk in the Flesh; Yahweh calls for a walk in the Spirit

      Allah is concerned with the Outward Appearance; Yahweh is concerned with obedience from the Heart

      Allah says the 6th day is holy; Yahweh says the 7th day is holy

      Allah AKA moon god, Lucifer, Satan, the devil; Yahweh AKA, God of Abraham, God of Israel, and God Almighty, and The God and Father of The Lord Jesus Christ
    • Dr.George Jacob,PhD
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 19, 2007
        Beloved Ones,
        “Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the
        hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they
        disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto
        men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have
        their reward. But thou, when thou fastest, anoint
        thine head, and wash thy face; That thou appear
        not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which
        is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in
        secret, shall reward thee openly,” MAT 6:16-18.

        The ceremonial law required many fasts that were
        abolished when the ceremonial law was abolished.
        However, in the time that Jesus was speaking to
        the scribes and Pharisees, He was also dealing
        with the fact that the ceremonial law was still
        in effect. So we see in LEV 23:26-32, "And the
        LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Also on the tenth
        day of this seventh month there shall be a day of
        atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto
        you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer
        an offering made by fire unto the LORD. And ye
        shall do no work in that same day: for it is a
        day of atonement, to make an atonement for you
        before the LORD your God. For whatsoever soul it
        be that shall not be afflicted in that same day,
        he shall be cut off from among his people. And
        whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that
        same day, the same soul will I destroy from among
        his people. Ye shall do no manner of work: it
        shall be a statute for ever throughout your
        generations in all your dwellings. It shall be
        unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict
        your souls: in the ninth day of the month at
        even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate
        your sabbath."

        This Scripture speaks of a single day, once a
        year. Those particular fasts were a commandment
        under the ceremonial law. Those fasts were
        terminated when the ceremonial law was
        terminated. That doesn't mean the issue in our
        text is abolished. There is yet proper fasting
        before the Lord. He sets forth clearly in His
        Word what that fasting is.

        We must follow up on this; we are not looking at
        a specific fast on a specific day under the
        ceremonial law. Jesus is teaching us that which
        is applicable to the New Testament church. In our
        text Jesus is speaking especially of the private
        fasts.

        This is not a ritual or a prescribed fast done
        once a year. Jesus was not coming against the
        fact that they were fasting; He was coming
        against HOW they were fasting. They disfigured
        their faces; they looked sad. Their hearts were
        filled with hypocrisy, envy, hatred, and
        bitterness, but their faces held a pretense of
        something to be seen of men. Christ was not
        telling them to stop fasting; He was telling them
        to stop their show. He was telling them how to
        fast in a manner pleasing to God.

        The Pharisees commonly fasted twice in a week as
        we read in LUK 18:11-12, "The Pharisee stood and
        prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that
        I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust,
        adulterers, or even as this publican. [Do you see
        the pride?] I fast twice in the week, I give
        tithes of all that I possess." He claimed a merit
        in his fasting to establish his own
        righteousness. The posture of his heart showed a
        self-righteous spirit that held himself higher
        and better than the publican. At the same time
        the Pharisee was condemning the publican. It was
        not his fasting twice in a week that Jesus
        condemned; it was his boasting of it.

        Fasting and praying secretly before our Father in
        heaven is very well-accepted with God; we must
        realize that.

        Anna fasted and prayed. We see this in LUK 2:37,
        "And she was a widow of about fourscore and four
        years, which departed not from the temple, but
        served God with fastings and prayers night and
        day." Stop and analyze something; does this mean
        she abstained from food for forty years, night
        and day? No. Jesus is not speaking of abstinence
        from food. We must see that fasting which is a
        pleasure unto the Lord does not necessarily mean
        abstaining from food.

        Cornelius' fastings and prayer were remembered
        before God. ACT 10:30-31 says, "And Cornelius
        said, Four days ago I was fasting until this
        hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house,
        and, behold, a man stood before me in bright
        clothing, And said, Cornelius, thy prayer is
        heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in
        the sight of God."

        Cornelius was fasting and praying; his prayer and
        his alms, i.e., his attitude towards his
        neighbour, were pleasing to God. These are the
        alms we do which are spoken of in MAT 6:1-2; they
        are the acts of mercy to our fellow man. This was
        his fasting; Cornelius was abstaining from those
        things which pleased his flesh. He was that were
        acceptable in the sight of God. His prayers were
        heard, and his alms, or acts of mercy, to his
        fellow man over a period of years, were held in
        remembrance. That is not speaking of abstaining
        from food.

        Private fasting is an act of self-denial and
        mortification of the flesh. 1CO 7:5 says,
        "Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with
        consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves
        to fasting and prayer; and come together again,
        that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency."
        Fasting is a mortification of the flesh; we are
        given permission to abstain from the
        relationships with our spouse, whether it be
        husband or wife, while our heart is united with
        the Lord in prayer and meditation. The abstinence
        in this instance is not limited to abstaining
        from food. It means abstaining from everything
        that pleases the flesh; it is pleasing to the
        Lord because it brings the heart into total
        devotion to the Lord.

        Jesus cautioned against hypocritical fasting when
        there was no true contrition or humility. The
        fasts of the hypocrites were mock fasts; they
        were mocking God because they were all show
        without substance while making a pretense of
        humility out of pride. Remember the Pharisee who
        said, "...I fast twice in the week, I give tithes
        of all that I possess." He held himself far above
        the publican, but the publican went home
        justified rather than the Pharisee. See the
        difference in the publican's prayer; "And the
        publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so
        much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his
        breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner,"
        LUK 18:13.

        The Lord Jesus is pointing out to us that the
        pretense of humility that came out of a proud
        heart was rewarded by honor bestowed by men who
        thought he put on a good show.
      • Prof.J.James
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 21, 2007
          forbearance (for-BAIR-uhns) noun

          1. Refraining from enforcing something, such as a right or a debt.

          2. Tolerance, patience, restraint, or leniency.

          "Now the Buddhists are fighting back -- with good thoughts, forbearance and chanting."
        • Shirley Chacko
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 21, 2007
            With broken heart and contrite sigh
            A trembling sinner, Lord, I cry;
            Thy pard�ning grace is rich and free;
            O God, be merciful to me.

            Far off I stand with tearful eyes,
            Nor dare uplift them to the skies,
            But Thou dost all my anguish see;
            O God, be merciful to me.��

            Nor alms, nor deeds that I have done,
            Can for a single sin atone;
            To Calvary alone I flee;
            O God, be merciful to me.

            And when, redeemed from sin and hell,
            With all the ransomed throng I dwell,
            My raptured song shall ever be,
            �God has been merciful to me.�

            O day of rest and gladness,
            Of day of joy and light,
            On balm of care and sadness,
            Most beautiful, most bright;
            On Thee the high and the lowly,
            Through ages joined in tune,
            Sing Holy, Holy, Holy,
            To the great God Triune.

            New graces ever gaining
            From this our day of rest,
            We reach the rest remaining
            To spirits of the blest.
            To Holy Ghost be praises,
            To Father and to Son;
            The church her voice upraises
            To Thee, blest Three in One.
          • ronniedaniel1953
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 22, 2007
              Dear Kuruvilla,

              Well, there are lots of materials out there on the internet to study
              Biblical truths about praying for the departed. It is good that you
              raised your doubts and that should help you to study this matter
              further.

              Recently some one asked HG Ostathios thirumeni about the soul of a
              person who committed suicide by jumping from a bridge. HG replied
              that there was few seconds between the bridge and the river and we
              don't know whether he repented during those few seconds. So, let us
              not be judgmental. We do not know an adulterer or a murderer had
              repented before death. Another thing to remember is that there are
              more serious sins than adultry and murder.

              Finally remember this : Lu 22:19 And he took bread, gave thanks and
              broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for
              you; do this in remembrance of me."

              WE are remembering Jesus Christ not for Jesus Christ's benefit; but
              for our benefit.
              Similarly, remembering our departed souls is mostly for our
              benefit; not for their benefit.

              Rgds
              Ronnie
            • padanayakan
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 22, 2007
                I ma so sorry to Mr. Ronnie, because he could not understand that he
                read. I wrote about the teachings of Islam when someone wrote it
                wrongly. But poor Ronnie did not grasp it.

                I defend Orthodox Christian faith and I am not going to another
                denominations as onlooker like what Ronnie is doing. Mr. Ronnie be
                strong in Orthodox faith and that is better than attending the
                meetings of the other groups. Please try to behave nicely in public.
                People learn good behavior through education, from friends and family
                back ground. I am not sure which one you are lacking.

                Please be careful when you are writing in public as it reflects the
                personality of the writer.

                With best regards,
                Charly V. Padanilam.

                --- In
                MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "ronniedaniel1953"
                <ronniedaniel@...> wrote:

                > Dear Kuruvilla,
                >
                > Leave Padai Nayakan alone. He is from the old school fanatic line
                of
                > Christianity. Every religion has their own share of fanatics and
                what I
                > would suggest is ignore him.
                >
                > I saw on occasions he was defending religion of Islam; still he
                cannot
                > stand the other denominations of Christianity, his own blood.
                >
                > That is the way he is. So leave him alone. Let him be happy making
                some
                > comments here and there showing that he is still active in the
                > community.
                >
                > Are you from Pulikeezhu Thykadavil ??Which branch you are ??
                >
                > rgds
                > ronnie

              • padanayakan
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 22, 2007
                  I am so sorry Mr.MOSC elder. The word "Allah" means God. It is not
                  for any religion. Any religion that speaks Arabic is calling The God
                  as "Allah". If you attend any arabic service of the Syrian
                  Christians, Coptic or Lebanese you can hear this word for God.

                  When I heard the name Abdullah in the time till I learn and
                  experience arabic language I though it was the name for Muslims. But
                  when I heard that name for one of sons of my colleques in the middle
                  east I asked how did that name come to his son as he is a Lebanese
                  Christian. Then he explained to me that the memaning of the
                  word "Abed" is Servant and "Allah is God" so the meaning of the name
                  Abdullah is Servant of God and it is common in Christians in Lebanon.
                  There were Priests and high priests in Syria and Iraq with the name
                  Abdullah.

                  Allah is not the God of Islam but it is only the difference in
                  language. same as we say "Deivam".

                  Charly V. Padanilam, Houston, TX.

                  --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, groupelder
                  wrote:

                  > Dear Moderators and MOSC members,
                  > I found this article by By Jim Searcy. Its something we need to
                  know when dealing with Islam.

                  > Allah was created by Mohammed in the 7th Century AD; Yahweh CREATED
                  Heaven & Earth BEFORE THERE WAS TIME

                  > Allah is the god of Islamic people; Yahweh is The One True God of
                  ALL and Owner of the fullness of Heaven and Earth

                  > Allah is the god of the Quran; Yahweh is the God of the Bible
                  >
                  > Allah is the god of HATE; Yahweh is the God of LOVE
                  >
                  > Allah is the god of Vengeance; Yahweh is the God of Forgiveness
                  >
                  > Allah needs his people to fight for him; Yahweh fights for His
                  people

                  > Allah can lie; Yahweh Can NOT Lie
                  >
                  > Allah can be CAPRICIOUS and Unknowable; Yahweh is TRUSTWORTHY, does
                  NOT Change, and honors His Word above His Name, and desires that we
                  come to KNOW Him as our Father.

                  > Allah has NO Savior; Yahweh gives FREE Salvation through the Blood
                  Sacrifice of His Only Begotten Son Yeshua The Messiah, Jesus The
                  Christ.

                  > Allah MIGHT give salvation by our WORKS; Yahweh offers salvation as
                  a FREE Gift of His Grace through the work of His Son The Lord Jesus
                  Christ.

                  > Allah has no mediator; Yahweh gave Yeshua, Jesus, as the one and
                  only Mediator

                  > Allah does not talk to people; Yahweh communicates with His people
                  >
                  > Allah gives NO WAY to be certain of eternal life; Yahweh gives
                  ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY of Eternal Life

                  > Allah is the moon god; Yahweh is the Creator of Heaven and Earth
                  >
                  > Allah is the god of War; Yahweh is the God of Peace
                  >
                  > Allah is the god of bondage; Yahweh is the God of Freedom
                  >
                  > Allah is a god of religion; Yahweh is the God of Relationship
                  >
                  > Allah Commands Murder of infidels; Yahweh Forbids Murder of Anyone
                  >
                  > Allah permits 4 wives; Yahweh forbids Adultery
                  >
                  > Allah allows no certainty of Eternal Life; Yahweh gives Absolute
                  Certainty of Eternal Life

                  > Allah calls for a walk in the Flesh; Yahweh calls for a walk in the
                  Spirit

                  > Allah is concerned with the Outward Appearance; Yahweh is concerned
                  with obedience from the Heart

                  > Allah says the 6th day is holy; Yahweh says the 7th day is holy
                  >
                  > Allah AKA moon god, Lucifer, Satan, the devil; Yahweh AKA, God of
                  Abraham, God of Israel, and God Almighty, and The God and Father of
                  The Lord Jesus Christ

                • jose_ua
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 22, 2007
                    I beg to disagree. Allah means moon-God , not God. This confusion was
                    created by mohammed . The God of the Bible is the supreme being and
                    He said " My name I will not give to others". Im presenting some
                    archeological evidence to expose the false claims of Mohammed.

                    The Archeology of The Middle East

                    The religion of Islam has as its focus of worship a deity by the name
                    of "Allah." The Muslims claim that Allah in pre-Islamic times was the
                    biblical God of the Patriarchs, prophets, and apostles. The issue is
                    thus one of continuity. Was "Allah" the biblical God or a pagan god
                    in Arabia during pre- Islamic times? The Muslim's claim of continuity
                    is essential to their attempt to convert Jews and Christians for
                    if "Allah" is part of the flow of divine revelation in Scripture,
                    then it is the next step in biblical religion. Thus we should all
                    become Muslims. But, on the other hand, if Allah was a pre- Islamic
                    pagan deity, then its core claim is refuted. Religious claims often
                    fall before the results of hard sciences such as archeology. We can
                    endlessly speculate about the past or go and dig it up and see what
                    the evidence reveals. This is the only way to find out the truth
                    concerning the origins of Allah. As we shall see, the hard evidence
                    demonstrates that the god Allah was a pagan deity. In fact, he was
                    the Moon-god who was married to the sun goddess and the stars were
                    his daughters.

                    Archaeologists have uncovered temples to the Moon-god throughout the
                    Middle East. From the mountains of Turkey to the banks of the Nile,
                    the most wide-spread religion of the ancient world was the worship of
                    the Moon-god. In the first literate civilization, the Sumerians have
                    left us thousands of clay tablets in which they described their
                    religious beliefs. As demonstrated by Sjoberg and Hall, the ancient
                    Sumerians worshipped a Moon-god who was called many different names.
                    The most popular names were Nanna, Suen and Asimbabbar. His symbol
                    was the crescent moon. Given the amount of artifacts concerning the
                    worship of this Moon-god, it is clear that this was the dominant
                    religion in Sumeria. The cult of the Moon-god was the most popular
                    religion throughout ancient Mesopotamia. The Assyrians, Babylonians,
                    and the Akkadians took the word Suen and transformed it into the word
                    Sin as their favorite name for the Moon-god. As Prof. Potts pointed
                    out, "Sin is a name essentially Sumerian in origin which had been
                    borrowed by the Semites. "

                    In ancient Syria and Canna, the Moon-god Sin was usually represented
                    by the moon in its crescent phase. At times the full moon was placed
                    inside the crescent moon to emphasize all the phases of the moon. The
                    sun-goddess was the wife of Sin and the stars were their daughters.
                    For example, Istar was a daughter of Sin. Sacrifices to the Moon-god
                    are described in the Pas Shamra texts. In the Ugaritic texts, the
                    Moon-god was sometimes called Kusuh. In Persia, as well as in Egypt,
                    the Moon- god is depicted on wall murals and on the heads of statues.
                    He was the Judge of men and gods. The Old Testament constantly
                    rebuked the worship of the Moon-god (see: Deut. 4:19;17:3; II Kngs.
                    21:3,5; 23:5; Jer. 8:2; 19:13; Zeph. 1:5, etc.) When Israel fell into
                    idolatry, it was usually the cult of the Moon-god. As a matter of
                    fact, everywhere in the ancient world, the symbol of the crescent
                    moon can be found on seal impressions, steles, pottery, amulets, clay
                    tablets, cylinders, weights, earrings, necklaces, wall murals, etc.
                    In Tell-el-Obeid, a copper calf was found with a crescent moon on its
                    forehead. An idol with the body of a bull and the head of man has a
                    crescent moon inlaid on its forehead with shells. In Ur, the Stela of
                    Ur-Nammu has the crescent symbol placed at the top of the register of
                    gods because the Moon-god was the head of the gods. Even bread was
                    baked in the form of a crescent as an act of devotion to the Moon-
                    god. The Ur of the Chaldees was so devoted to the Moon-god that it
                    was sometimes called Nannar in tablets from that time period.

                    A temple of the Moon-god has been excavated in Ur by Sir Leonard
                    Woolley. He dug up many examples of moon worship in Ur and these are
                    displayed in the British Museum to this day. Harran was likewise
                    noted for its devotion to the Moon-god. In the 1950's a major temple
                    to the Moon-god was excavated at Hazer in Palestine. Two idols of the
                    moon god were found. Each was a stature of a man sitting upon a
                    throne with a crescent moon carved on his chest . The accompanying
                    inscriptions make it clear that these were idols of the Moon-god.
                    Several smaller statues were also found which were identified by
                    their inscriptions as the "daughters" of the Moon-god. What about
                    Arabia? As pointed out by Prof. Coon, "Muslims are notoriously loath
                    to preserve traditions of earlier paganism and like to garble what
                    pre-Islamic history they permit to survive in anachronistic terms."

                    During the nineteenth century, Amaud, Halevy and Glaser went to
                    Southern Arabia and dug up thousands of Sabean, Minaean, and
                    Qatabanian inscriptions which were subsequently translated. In the
                    1940's, the archeologists G. Caton Thompson and Carleton S. Coon made
                    some amazing discoveries in Arabia. During the 1950's, Wendell
                    Phillips, W.F. Albright, Richard Bower and others excavated sites at
                    Qataban, Timna, and Marib (the ancient capital of Sheba). Thousands
                    of inscriptions from walls and rocks in Northern Arabia have also
                    been collected. Reliefs and votive bowls used in worship of
                    the "daughters of Allah" have also been discovered. The three
                    daughters, al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat are sometimes depicted together
                    with Allah the Moon-god represented by a crescent moon above them.
                    The archeological evidence demonstrates that the dominant religion of
                    Arabia was the cult of the Moon-god.

                    In Old Testament times, Nabonidus (555-539 BC), the last king of
                    Babylon, built Tayma, Arabia as a center of Moon-god worship. Segall
                    stated, "South Arabia's stellar religion has always been dominated by
                    the Moon-god in various variations." Many scholars have also noticed
                    that the Moon-god's name "Sin" is a part of such Arabic words
                    as "Sinai," the "wilderness of Sin," etc. When the popularity of the
                    Moon-god waned elsewhere, the Arabs remained true to their conviction
                    that the Moon-god was the greatest of all gods. While they worshipped
                    360 gods at the Kabah in Mecca, the Moon-god was the chief deity.
                    Mecca was in fact built as a shrine for the Moon-god.

                    This is what made it the most sacred site of Arabian paganism. In
                    1944, G. Caton Thompson revealed in her book, The Tombs and Moon
                    Temple of Hureidha, that she had uncovered a temple of the Moon-god
                    in southern Arabia. The symbols of the crescent moon and no less than
                    twenty-one inscriptions with the name Sin were found in this temple.
                    An idol which may be the Moon-god himself was also discovered. This
                    was later confirmed by other well-known archeologists.

                    The evidence reveals that the temple of the Moon-god was active even
                    in the Christian era. Evidence gathered from both North and South
                    Arabia demonstrate that Moon-god worship was clearly active even in
                    Muhammad's day and was still the dominant cult. According to numerous
                    inscriptions, while the name of the Moon-god was Sin, his title was
                    al- ilah, i.e. "the deity," meaning that he was the chief or high god
                    among the gods. As Coon pointed out, "The god Il or Ilah was
                    originally a phase of the Moon God." The Moon-god was called al-
                    ilah, i.e. the god, which was shortened to Allah in pre-Islamic
                    times. The pagan Arabs even used Allah in the names they gave to
                    their children. For example, both Muhammad's father and uncle had
                    Allah as part of their names.

                    The fact that they were given such names by their pagan parents
                    proves that Allah was the title for the Moon-god even in Muhammad's
                    day. Prof. Coon goes on to say, "Similarly, under Mohammed's
                    tutelage, the relatively anonymous Ilah, became Al-Ilah, The God, or
                    Allah, the Supreme Being."

                    This fact answers the questions, "Why is Allah never defined in the
                    Qur'an? Why did Muhammad assume that the pagan Arabs already knew who
                    Allah was?" Muhammad was raised in the religion of the Moon-god
                    Allah. But he went one step further than his fellow pagan Arabs.
                    While they believed that Allah, i.e. the Moon-god, was the greatest
                    of all gods and the supreme deity in a pantheon of deities, Muhammad
                    decided that Allah was not only the greatest god but the only god.

                    In effect he said, "Look, you already believe that the Moon-god Allah
                    is the greatest of all gods. All I want you to do is to accept that
                    the idea that he is the only god. I am not taking away the Allah you
                    already worship. I am only taking away his wife and his daughters and
                    all the other gods." This is seen from the fact that the first point
                    of the Muslim creed is not, "Allah is great" but "Allah is the
                    greatest," i.e., he is the greatest among the gods. Why would
                    Muhammad say that Allah is the "greatest" except in a polytheistic
                    context? The Arabic word is used to contrast the greater from the
                    lesser. That this is true is seen from the fact that the pagan Arabs
                    never accused Muhammad of preaching a different Allah than the one
                    they already worshipped. This "Allah" was the Moon-god according to
                    the archeological evidence. Muhammad thus attempted to have it both
                    ways. To the pagans, he said that he still believed in the Moon-god
                    Allah. To the Jews and the Christians, he said that Allah was their
                    God too. But both the Jews and the Christians knew better and that is
                    why they rejected his god Allah as a false god.

                    Al-Kindi, one of the early Christian apologists against Islam,
                    pointed out that Islam and its god Allah did not come from the Bible
                    but from the paganism of the Sabeans. They did not worship the God of
                    the Bible but the Moon-god and his daughters al-Uzza, al-Lat and
                    Manat. Dr. Newman concludes his study of the early Christian-Muslim
                    debates by stating, "Islam proved itself to be...a separate and
                    antagonistic religion which had sprung up from idolatry." Islamic
                    scholar Caesar Farah concluded "There is no reason, therefore, to
                    accept the idea that Allah passed to the Muslims from the Christians
                    and Jews." The Arabs worshipped the Moon-god as a supreme deity. But
                    this was not biblical monotheism. While the Moon-god was greater than
                    all other gods and goddesses, this was still a polytheistic pantheon
                    of deities. Now that we have the actual idols of the Moon-god, it is
                    no longer possible to avoid the fact that Allah was a pagan god in
                    pre-Islamic times. Is it any wonder then that the symbol of Islam is
                    the crescent moon? That a crescent moon sits on top of their mosques
                    and minarets? That a crescent moon is found on the flags of Islamic
                    nations? That the Muslims fast during the month which begins and ends
                    with the appearance of the crescent moon in the sky?

                    CONCLUSION
                    The pagan Arabs worshipped the Moon-god Allah by praying toward Mecca
                    several times a day; making a pilgrimage to Mecca; running around the
                    temple of the Moon-god called the Kabah; kissing the black stone;
                    killing an animal in sacrifice to the Moon-god; throwing stones at
                    the devil; fasting for the month which begins and ends with the
                    crescent moon; giving alms to the poor, etc.

                    The Muslim's claim that Allah is the God of the Bible and that Islam
                    arose from the religion of the prophets and apostles is refuted by
                    solid, overwhelming archeological evidence. Islam is nothing more
                    than a revival of the ancient Moon-god cult. It has taken the
                    symbols, the rites, the ceremonies, and even the name of its god from
                    the ancient pagan religion of the Moon-god. As such, it is sheer
                    idolatry and must be rejected by all those who follow the Torah and
                    Gospel.
                  • ronniedaniel1953
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 23, 2007
                      Hello Charly,

                      My apologies for hurting you.
                      Charly, internet forums are for people to express their views and
                      opinons. Unfortunatley, some people have a habit of shutting down
                      others. Some people cannot stand others. They pretend themselves as
                      guardians of faith.
                      They have problem when a woman writes..
                      They have problem when a young man writes.
                      They have problem when someone put forth a new idea.
                      They pretend to be upholders of the Orthodox faith.
                      Orthodox Church and its faith is defended by God; not by Charly
                      Padanilam or me..
                      If some of our members wanted to send a birth day greeting to our
                      Bishops what is your problem Charly ??
                      You interpreted it as a sin. You said those people wishing birthday
                      are advertisement seekers.

                      Please do not behave like the mouth piece of the clergy who are
                      scared of the lay members talking about Bible. They think that Bible
                      is patented to them.
                      Talk Bible freely. Talk about faith freely. It is the owners manual
                      for our life in this world and the life to come. You need to study
                      every word of it as best as you can. If that end you up in the
                      Pentacost cult, let so be it.

                      Why are we scared when a woman talk about Bible..
                      If our faith is the right one what are we fearful about ??
                      If our faith is right what is the harm in hearing about another
                      faith ??
                      What is the harm in hearing another point of view ..

                      Afterall, about 12 illiterate fishermen listened to theology from
                      yet another illiterate carpenter's son 2000 years ago. That made you
                      and I become a Christian. You do not know what are God's plan about
                      you or me or our future generation.
                      Allow God to work in us. Don't behave like a Pharisee who wanted to
                      kill every opinion and thoughts which are against their perception of
                      what they believe.

                      Take it easy Charly. Encourage others to ask questions. Answer them
                      if you know the answer. Keep quiet if you do not know the answer
                      instead of writing something to show that you are smart. If some one
                      else spend their valuable time to answer the youngsters please do not
                      be jelous on them.

                      Rgds
                      Ronnie