Happy Birthday to Dr.Yakob Mar Irenaios,born on India's Independence day

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2007
      Happy Birthday to my beloved teacher and Metropolitan Dr. Yakob Mar Irenaios, born on India's Independence Day.
      Dr.Yakob Mar Irenios Metropolitan of Madras Diocese was born on 15 August(on assumption day) 1949 to T.O. Cherian and Kunjelyamma Cherian of Aruvidan Pallikal Family in Kallupara. He studied in M.G.D. High School, Puthussery (S.S. L.C), and Chengannur Christian College (Pre- degree). He obtained the B.A and M.A (English) degrees from Madras University, the B.Ed,M.Ed and M.A (Philosophy)M.A (Malayalam), M.A(Psychology) and PhD degrees from Kerala University, B.D from Serampore University and M.Th from America. He received on 30 June 1970 from Thoma Mar Dionysius his deaconship and on 8 September 1975 from Thomas Mar Timotheos his priesthood. He became a Ramban on 19 December 1992.
      On 16 August 1993 His Holiness Baselios Mar Thoma Mathews II Catholicos of the East, consecrated him as Episcopa Yakob Mar Irenios. From August 1995 he is the assistant Metropolitan of Malabar Diocese. From July 1997 onwards he has been holding charge, on behalf of the Catholicose the Madras Diocese. He was the President of the Orthodox Youth Movement and manager of all colleges under Indian Orthodox Church. He is a scholar and renowned poet in both in Malayalam,Syriac and in the English languages. He is the president of orthodox syrian sundayschool . He is one of the translators in our church. He was the one behind the canonization of our Vattaseril Thirumeni. He is really an asset for our church.
      I am really praying for him to have a good long life in Christ so that he can govern our church and in order to also help his senior and beloved Baba Thirumeni. I wish him all the best and I'm proud to say that I'm a byproduct of Mount Tabor Institution.
      Yours Sincerely,
      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington D.C
    • abhamvarg
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2007
        beloved Yakob Mar Irenaios Thirumeni is great personality.He is a
        great scholar, translator and theoligist. He is really an asset for
        our church.
        Abraham Varghese