Prayer Request- Heart Operation- Child 1 1/2 Years

  • Ashok Mathew
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 30, 2004
      Dear All,

      Requesting your prayer for the below mentioned need.

      Forwarded from Alex Thomas

      Dear All
      My 17 Month old daughter is recently diagnosed to have ALCAPA(Abnormal
      Left Coronary Artery from Pulmonary Artery), Dilated LAD, Moderate –
      Severe MR.ALCAPA is a very rare defect and is seen in one in three
      lakh babies.She has to undergo an Open Heart surgery- Alcapa Repair at
      Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences- Cochin.
      The schedule date for Surgery on 2nd Dec.

      Presently she is absolutely very well without any external symptoms
      and also she sings and prayers.

      Please remember her in your special prayers.
    • Prof.J. James
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2004
        TODAY'S WORD IS: fructify (verb)

        Pronounced: FRUK-tuh-fye

        Meaning: to bear fruit

        Thomaskutty is in a comfortable financial position these days, thanks to some investments that have recently begun to fructify.
      • Ashok Mathew
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 2, 2004
          Dear All,

          Prayer is Power...

          Thanking all for the prayers offered for the below request. The
          operation took nearly 7 hours and completed successfully.

          Regards
          Ashok Mathew
          Dadar - Mumbai

          On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:16:41 +0530, Ashok Mathew <ashokmathew@...> wrote:

          > Dear All,
          >
          > Requesting your prayer for the below mentioned need.
          >
          > Forwarded from Alex Thomas
          >
          > Dear All
          > My 17 Month old daughter is recently diagnosed to have ALCAPA(Abnormal
          > Left Coronary Artery from Pulmonary Artery), Dilated LAD, Moderate –
          > Severe MR.ALCAPA is a very rare defect and is seen in one in three
          > lakh babies.She has to undergo an Open Heart surgery- Alcapa Repair at
          > Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences- Cochin.
          > The schedule date for Surgery on 2nd Dec.
          >
          > Presently she is absolutely very well without any external symptoms
          > and also she sings and prayers.
          >
          > Please remember her in your special prayers.
          >

          > The only forum for all Christians to express their views freely.
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • moscelder
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 3, 2004
            Dear Ashok,

            We further pray that mol may recover quickly.

            Yrs
            MOSCELDER

            --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, Ashok Mathew
            <ashokmathew@g...> wrote:
            > Dear All,
            >
            > Prayer is Power...
            >
            > Thanking all for the prayers offered for the below request. The
            > operation took nearly 7 hours and completed successfully.
            >

            > Regards
            > Ashok Mathew
            > Dadar - Mumbai
            >

            > On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:16:41 +0530, Ashok Mathew <ashokmathew@g...>
            wrote:

            > > Dear All,
            > >
            > > Requesting your prayer for the below mentioned need.
            > >
            > > Forwarded from Alex Thomas
            > >
            > > Dear All
            > > My 17 Month old daughter is recently diagnosed to have ALCAPA
            (Abnormal
            > > Left Coronary Artery from Pulmonary Artery), Dilated LAD,
            Moderate â€"
            > > Severe MR.ALCAPA is a very rare defect and is seen in one in
            three
            > > lakh babies.She has to undergo an Open Heart surgery- Alcapa
            Repair at
            > > Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences- Cochin.
            > > The schedule date for Surgery on 2nd Dec.
            > >
            > > Presently she is absolutely very well without any external
            symptoms
            > > and also she sings and prayers.
            > >
            > > Please remember her in your special prayers.
            > >

            > > The only forum for all Christians to express their views freely.
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Mathew Paul
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 3, 2004
              Dear Mr. Brijesh Phillip,
              Ofcourse we are all aware of the Managing Comm. Meeting - December 7th, 2004. Much of the current sad state of affairs is because of inept leadership of the clergy and partisan behaviour of the laity. Dont expect such a congregation to deserve any better than litigation and spiritual decay. Refer to the vison document in this group file section and see ways how the church can go forward, rather than some old pathethic people trying to re-read syriani and cultivate disharmony.

              Thank You
              Mathew Paul

              Dear All,
              Lot is being spoken in other forums about the Managing Comm. Meeting - December
              7th, 2004, . However in this group no one seems concerned. Have you banned the
              topic or have you understood that its not worth discussing , since the Managing
              Comm. Meeting - MEMBERS have no calibre to solve the issue they discussing. Im
              surprised , maybe itoop saar can clarrify. In Malankara nothing works except
              church politics.

              I like the concept of your group, will reccommend to all i know. Keep up the
              good work

              Brijesh
            • Babu Johnson
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 3, 2004
                Three sisters ages 92, 94 and 96 live in a house together. One night
                the 96-year-old draws a bath. She puts her foot in and pauses. She
                yells to the other sisters, "Was I getting in or out of the bath?"

                The 94-year old-yells back, "I don't know. I'll come up and see." She
                starts up the stairs and pauses "Was I going up the stairs or down?"

                The 92-year-old is sitting at the kitchen table having tea listening
                to her sisters. She shakes her head and says, "I sure hope I never get
                that forgetful, knock on wood." She then yells, "I'll come up and help
                both of you as soon as I see who's at the door."

                Lol
                Babu
              • Shirley Chacko
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 3, 2004
                  Buried in shadows of the night,
                  We lie till Christ restores the light;
                  Wisdom descends to heal the blind,
                  And chase the darkness of the mind.

                  Shirley
                • Alice John
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 3, 2004
                    Meatballs

                    1 lb hamburger
                    1/4 cup sweet pickles (or sweet relish)
                    1/4 cup minced onions
                    1 box Shake-n-Bake orginal

                    Combine hamburger, pickles, and onions and mix together. Shape into 1-inch
                    balls. Drop balls in the bag of Shake-n-Bake and put on cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes at 400 degrees.
                  • Samuel Alexander
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 3, 2004
                      Life will be so much easier if you can accept that things don't always go as planned and see that these are often magnificent opportunities. Lord, help me learn from the occurences of today that seem to go awry and show me how to make the situation better through my own flexibility and creativity.
                    • Dr. Abraham Mar Severios
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 4, 2004
                        Beloved Ones,

                        This is what God thinks about us. Even as he sends us messengers to witness the truth. How many of us listen?

                        "I have much people in this city."-Acts 18:10

                        This should be a great encouragement to try to do good, since God has among the vilest of the vile, the most reprobate, the most debauched and drunken, an elect people who must be saved. When you take the Word to them, you do so because God has ordained you to be the messenger of life to their souls, and they must receive it, for so the decree of predestination runs. They are as much redeemed by blood as the saints before the eternal throne. They are Christ's property, and yet perhaps they are lovers of wine, and haters of holiness; but if Jesus Christ purchased them He will have them. God is not unfaithful to forget the price which His Son has paid. He will not suffer His substitution to be in any case an ineffectual, dead thing. Tens of thousands of redeemed ones are not regenerated yet, but regenerated they must be; and this is our comfort when we go forth to them with the quickening Word of God.

                        No, more, these ungodly ones are prayed for by Christ before the throne. "Neither pray I for these alone," saith the great Intercessor, "but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word." Poor, ignorant souls, they know nothing about prayer for themselves, but Jesus prays for them. Their names are on His breastplate, and ere long they must bow their stubborn knee, breathing the penitential sigh before the throne of Jesus.

                        Mar Severios
                      • Archbishop Mar Titus
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 4, 2004
                          "Even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body."-Romans 8:23

                          This groaning is universal among the saints: to a greater or less extent we all feel it. It is not the groan of murmuring or complaint: it is rather the note of desire than of distress. Having received an earnest, we desire the whole of our portion; we are sighing that our entire manhood, in its trinity of spirit, soul, and body, may be set free from the last vestige of the fall; we long to put off corruption, weakness, and dishonour, and to wrap ourselves in incorruption, in immortality, in glory, in the spiritual body which the Lord Jesus will bestow upon His people. We long for the manifestation of our adoption as the children of God. "We groan," but it is "within ourselves." It is not the hypocrite's groan, by which he would make men believe that he is a saint because he is wretched. Our sighs are sacred things, too hallowed for us to tell abroad. We keep our longings to our Lord alone. Then the apostle says we are "waiting," by which we learn that we are not to be petulant, like Jonah or Elijah, when they said, "Let me die"; nor are we to whimper and sigh for the end of life because we are tired of work, nor wish to escape from our present sufferings till the will of the Lord is done. We are to groan for glorification, but we are to wait patiently for it, knowing that what the Lord appoints is best. Waiting implies being ready. We are to stand at the door expecting the Beloved to open it and take us away to Himself. This "groaning" is a test. You may judge of a man by what he groans after. Some men groan after wealth-they worship Mammon; some groan continually under the troubles of life-they are merely impatient; but the man who sighs after God, who is uneasy till he is made like Christ, that is the blessed man. May God help us to groan for the coming of the Lord, and the resurrection which He will bring to us.

                          Blessings
                          Archbishop Mar Titus
                        • Rev. Biju Phillip
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 4, 2004
                            He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. (Psalm 91:4)

                            A condescending simile indeed! Just as a hen protects her brood and allows them to nestle under her wings, so will the Lord defend His people and permit them to hide away in Him. Have we not seen the little chicks peeping out from under the mother's feathers? Have we not heard their little cry of contented joy? In this way let us shelter ourselves in our God and feel overflowing peace in knowing that He is guarding us.

                            While the Lord covers us, we trust. It would be strange if we did not. How can we distrust when Jesus Himself becomes house and home, refuge and rest to us?

                            This done, we go out to war in His name and enjoy the same guardian care. We need shield and buckler, and when we implicitly trust God, even as the chick trusts the hen, we find His truth arming us from head to foot. The Lord cannot lie; He must be faithful to His people; His promise must stand. This sure truth is all the shield we need. Behind it we defy the fiery darts of the enemy.

                            Rev. Biju Phillip