Phillip Oommens Reply ( A note for all new members )

  • Group Elder
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2004
      Dear Moderator/Bessy Kurian
      Pl.note that God decides about souls after a man's death. From 4th centruy onwards Orthodox churches and RCC accepted 100's of dead traditions from gentiles in order to attract gentiles to church. That was the time of ignorance since people didnot Holy Bibles to study as we have today. One of them is the belief that souls remain with the dead. Holy Bible teaches that souls go to Paradise or hades immediately after death. That is why Bible teaches that a person should be saved while he lives on earth. There is no salvation after death according to God. Jesus and apostles didnot teach about any Qurabana on the 7th,21st and 40th day after death. True Christians should not follow dead tradtions on dead persons.
      Ref:John 6:40 Jesus told in AD 33 (approximately). Col 3:1-3,Rev 22:14,15,18 Jesus revealed to Church in AD (90 Circa) through John. If any one brought any other teaching after this, they will be accountable on the day of judgement.

      I am also an Orthodox man who prays for a revival in the church so that church will follow God according to Bible, before the second coming of Jesus Christ, the head of the church. Our 1st century church fathers received Holy Bible from apostles and gave it to the following generations to follow. We must follow Biblical teaching rather than gentile's teaching. I love and respect you. May God bless you.
      Sincerely
      Philip

      P.S ( A note for all new members )
      Dear Phillip,
      Pls send mails to this address MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com
      Our Group welcomes your views and comments . We do not edit mails.

      Thank You

      Group elder