Re: Easter Guidance..

  • dhinuus
    Message 1 of 47 , May 31, 2007
      Your view of H.H the Patriarch is not very different from mine. But
      that is not a view shared by the majority of the Indian Orthodox
      Church. The view point I have heard from my friends and family from
      the Indian Orthodox Church is; "that they dont want ANYTHING to do
      with H.H the Patriarch".

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M
    • moscelder
      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 14, 2007
        This is in response to Mathews mail. Sir the father of Malankara
        Church as of now spiritual and temporal is HH Catholicose Didymus I.
        None of the choices in your mail has anything to do with Malankara
        Church. We are not an Idavaka Palli. We are the spiritual children of
        St.Thomas and have always been led by our own leaders. It is true
        that some foreigners were given hospitality, but that era is over.

        The Malankara church was never led by the Babylonian or Chaldean
        Patriarchs in the sense you are writing. We may have been in
        communion with them at some point of time. The church was forcibly
        led by the Pope of Rome and after him by the Patriarch of Antioch.

        If anyone disputes the Apostolic See of St.Thomas then they are not
        from Malankara. He/ She is not a spiritual child of St.Thomas.

        Finally I wish to conclude this discussion. No further mails on this
        topic shall be posted.

        Yrs
        Itoop

        Kindly read the messages numbered #5558, #5565, # 5576 and #5599.
        MOSC wants to move ahead. Please pray that MOSC synod and Managing
        Committe will accept our Groups proposals and end this prolonged feud.

        Group Elder
        Owner MOSC forum