  • Dr.George Jacob,PhD
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2007
      Dear members,

      "That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret
      himself shall reward thee openly," MAT 6:4.

      In HEB 4:13 we read, "Neither is there any creature that is not manifest
      in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him
      with whom we have to do." I have thought about this so often. One time I
      visited with a man about assessing our property for property taxes. That
      gentleman told me that no one knew he had certain things, so why list
      them? The Lord knows; that is why we list them. All things are open and
      naked before Him. Satan is the author of lies. If my signature attests
      that this is a true and correct list of my property, and it is not true,
      I have called God to witness a lie! I will list everything, not because
      I am concerned that the law of man will come after me and find
      omissions, but because everything is manifest and open in the sight of
      God who searches our hearts; the Lord wants our "Yea" to be "Yea," and
      our "Nay" means "Nay."

      One of our greatest rewards is that the Spirit bears witness with our
      spirits when we are in God's favour. We have the greatest reward of
      peace in our heart knowing that His Spirit witnesses with our spirit
      that we are the sons of God. We read in ACT 15:8, "And God, which
      knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even
      as he did unto us." When we have the witness of the Holy Spirit in our
      heart, we have peace. We don't have to tremble in fear if we see an
      officer of the law because we are not breaking the law. We do not have
      to be in fear of the Day of Judgment because we have a blessed Redeemer
      who becomes our righteousness. Our hearts and souls have become
      conformed unto His image, and our heart's desire is to do His will.

      That doesn't mean we always do His will; we are not going to earn
      salvation with works. Our best righteousness is like filthy rags. We
      cannot earn salvation, but the Lord will look at the motive of the heart
      to see if our hearts have been reconciled unto Him and our wills has
      been dissolved into His will.

      To those who have salvation in Christ, it is one of their greatest
      delights when the truth can come to the light. We all offend in many
      things. If we truly have a heart's desire that is right before the Lord,
      then it is our greatest delight to have our sins brought to light. We
      don't become defensive, trying to defend or cover our sin; we delight in
      having it revealed so we can repent of it and turn from it.

      The Lord Jesus Christ left a tremendous lesson for us in JOH 13:14-15,
      "If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought
      to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye
      should do as I have done to you." What does washing each other's feet
      teach us? If somebody sees something in my life that is going against
      the will of God, and I have not seen it, then "wash one another's feet"
      means they will use the Word of God to wash my walk of life, council me,
      and tell me it is an area where they believe I am walking against the
      Lord. "...Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he
      might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,"
      EPH 5:25b-26. If we are one of His, it is our greatest delight when
      someone helps us uncover our sins so we might be turned and cleansed
      from them.

      The reward God has for the Godly is not only for hereafter. Many people
      have the misconception that our only reward is in heaven. That is not
      true. Watch what we read in ISA 33:15-17, "He that walketh righteously,
      and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that
      shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from
      hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil [Now does it
      say he will go to heaven? No! He will be rewarded in this life]; He
      shall dwell on high: his place of defense shall be the munitions of
      rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure. [The Godly
      will have temporal as well as spiritual blessings in this life. See the
      spiritual blessings for the Godly who walk uprightly.] Thine eyes shall
      see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far

      The Lord will come with His temporal as well as His spiritual blessings
      on those who walk uprightly. He says, "...bread shall be given him; his
      waters shall be sure." "His place of defense shall be the munitions of
      rocks" tells us they shall have their hiding place in the Lord Jesus
      Christ, and they will be able to withstand the wiles of Satan.
      Furthermore, "Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall
      behold the land that is very far off." They will have a blessed
      fellowship with their Lord, living in a blessed communion with God.

      They will see the King in His beauty, i.e., the preciousness there is in
      Christ, and they will have that reward in this life. They will not live
      in darkness, confusion or contention, but their hearts and lives will be
      centered in Christ. "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your
      faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and
      to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness
      brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these
      things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be
      barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he
      that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath
      forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Wherefore the rather,
      brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if
      ye do these things, ye shall never fall," 2PE 1:5-10.

      It is so important that we understand these Scriptures. The Lord said He
      would give us peace, but that doesn't mean there won't be struggles. Our
      hearts will be surrendered to the will of God in those troubles. We
      might go through some of the most severe troubles, but we will have
      peace with our hearts, minds, and souls totally surrendered to God's
      will. Being at peace with God's ways is one of the greatest graces there
      is. When our hearts are coming into conformity to the will of God and
      our heart's desire and our will are totally dissolved in God's will, we
      have one of the greatest blessings in this life.

      ISA 54:10 says, "For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be
      removed [you might go through the most horrible struggles]; but my
      kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my
      peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee." You will have
      peace in your heart because the King, in His beauty, will be held out
      before you; "Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall
      behold the land that is very far off," that is the reward of the
      righteous in this life.

      We also read in ISA 26:2-3, "Open ye the gates, that the righteous
      nation which keepeth the truth may enter in. Thou wilt keep him in
      perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in
      thee." Amen.