Re: The Bible & The Qur-an and Science Compare study- don't miss to read

  • wingertmike
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 16 12:24 PM
      Dear Shaheed,

      Don't let yourself be mislead by such information.

      Neither the Bible nor the Qur'an present themselves scientifically.
      The book you've linked us to, and others like it, were written as part
      of the cultural panic caused by the growing apostasy from Islam.
      These sorts of wild theories were concocted only recently in order to
      try and help Muslims stop questioning their religion so much.
      Interestingly, Dr. Bucaille remained a Christian, even after writing
      this book. Clearly there was (and evidently still is) a market for
      this sort of material.

      Both the Qur'an and the Bible use poetic/literary language that can be
      interpreted in various ways.

      What further complicates things, is that the Qur'an uses words that
      are originally Syriac, but because they were unknown in Islam, later
      commentators redefined such terms. This makes translating the Qur'an
      into intelligible Arabic into a difficult task.

      Either way, if the Qur'an does use some ideas found earlier in Greek
      medicine (but at odds with Modern Science), that does not do much good
      for Muslims in today's day and age.

      This topic doesn't really affect Syriac Orthodox Christians much
      because we are not based on Scripture alone. Ultimately, that is what
      the subject of science in scriptures is addressing, which is why this
      subject is meaningless for Orthodox Christians.

      Allah ma'ak,
      Mike

      --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, shaheed shah
      <shah750@...> wrote:

      > Read the following books to analyze the vision of Islam and Science..
      >
      > The Quran & Modern Science
      > By Dr. Maurice Bucaille:
      > http://www.sultan.org/articles/QScience.html
      >
      > The following book compares and proves the Biblical verses
      contradcits with modern science!

      http://www.youngmuslims.ca/online_library/books/the_bible_the_quran_and_science/index.htm

      > If any body knows Malayalam try to read www.nicheoftruth.org
      >
      > visit www.prabodhanam.net read Simon Master's The Bible & Quran Study

    • Philip Oommen

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 19 8:11 AM
          Dear Members,
          Quran is a borrowed collection made from other available texts and
          literature.The Allah introduced in Quran masquerades like YAHWEH,
          deceitfully, misleading people to believe that they are one. This is
          FALSE. Allah is a false God, a creation of Mohammed.Mohammed claims
          to be a prophet, that is false and untrue. He was a womanizer, a
          murderer and man who shed more blood than anyone known. It is better
          to call Muslims as Mohemmedians , cos they follow Mohammed.

          The Holy Bible is Gods inspired word and to this day continues to
          draw many to the Son of God the author of salvation, yes our lord
          JESUS CHRIST.

          Yrs
          Itoop

          --- In
          MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "wingertmike"
          <mike.wingert@...> wrote:

          > Dear Shaheed,
          >
          > Don't let yourself be mislead by such information.
          >
          > Neither the Bible nor the Qur'an present themselves scientifically.
          > The book you've linked us to, and others like it, were written as
          part
          > of the cultural panic caused by the growing apostasy from Islam.
          > These sorts of wild theories were concocted only recently in order
          > try and help Muslims stop questioning their religion so much.
          > Interestingly, Dr. Bucaille remained a Christian, even after writing
          > this book. Clearly there was (and evidently still is) a market for
          > this sort of material.
          >
          > Both the Qur'an and the Bible use poetic/literary language that can
          be
          > interpreted in various ways.
          >
          > What further complicates things, is that the Qur'an uses words that
          > are originally Syriac, but because they were unknown in Islam, later
          > commentators redefined such terms. This makes translating the
          Qur'an
          > into intelligible Arabic into a difficult task.
          >
          > Either way, if the Qur'an does use some ideas found earlier in Greek
          > medicine (but at odds with Modern Science), that does not do much
          good
          > for Muslims in today's day and age.
          >
          > This topic doesn't really affect Syriac Orthodox Christians much
          > because we are not based on Scripture alone. Ultimately, that is
          what
          > the subject of science in scriptures is addressing, which is why
          this
          > subject is meaningless for Orthodox Christians.
          >
          > Allah ma'ak,
          > Mike

        • moscelder
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 19 8:12 AM

            <mike.wingert@...> wrote:

            > Dear Shaheed,
            >
            > Don't let yourself be mislead by such information.
            >
            > Neither the Bible nor the Qur'an present themselves scientifically.
            > The book you've linked us to, and others like it, were written as
            part
            > of the cultural panic caused by the growing apostasy from Islam.
            > These sorts of wild theories were concocted only recently in order
            > try and help Muslims stop questioning their religion so much.
            > Interestingly, Dr. Bucaille remained a Christian, even after writing
            > this book. Clearly there was (and evidently still is) a market for
            > this sort of material.
            >
            > Both the Qur'an and the Bible use poetic/literary language that can
            be
            > interpreted in various ways.
            >
            > What further complicates things, is that the Qur'an uses words that
            > are originally Syriac, but because they were unknown in Islam, later
            > commentators redefined such terms. This makes translating the
            Qur'an
            > into intelligible Arabic into a difficult task.
            >
            > Either way, if the Qur'an does use some ideas found earlier in Greek
            > medicine (but at odds with Modern Science), that does not do much
            good
            > for Muslims in today's day and age.
            >
            > This topic doesn't really affect Syriac Orthodox Christians much
            > because we are not based on Scripture alone. Ultimately, that is
            what
            > the subject of science in scriptures is addressing, which is why
            this
            > subject is meaningless for Orthodox Christians.
            >
            > Allah ma'ak,
            > Mike

          • Philip Oommen
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 19 5:38 PM
              Itoop Sir

              Thanks for rising to occassion
              Sincerely

              <mike.wingert@...> wrote:

              > Dear Shaheed,
              >
              > Don't let yourself be mislead by such information.
              >
              > Neither the Bible nor the Qur'an present themselves scientifically.
              > The book you've linked us to, and others like it, were written as
              part
              > of the cultural panic caused by the growing apostasy from Islam.
              > These sorts of wild theories were concocted only recently in order
              > try and help Muslims stop questioning their religion so much.
              > Interestingly, Dr. Bucaille remained a Christian, even after writing
              > this book. Clearly there was (and evidently still is) a market for
              > this sort of material.
              >
              > Both the Qur'an and the Bible use poetic/literary language that can
              be
              > interpreted in various ways.
              >
              > What further complicates things, is that the Qur'an uses words that
              > are originally Syriac, but because they were unknown in Islam, later
              > commentators redefined such terms. This makes translating the
              Qur'an
              > into intelligible Arabic into a difficult task.
              >
              > Either way, if the Qur'an does use some ideas found earlier in Greek
              > medicine (but at odds with Modern Science), that does not do much
              good
              > for Muslims in today's day and age.
              >
              > This topic doesn't really affect Syriac Orthodox Christians much
              > because we are not based on Scripture alone. Ultimately, that is
              what
              > the subject of science in scriptures is addressing, which is why
              this
              > subject is meaningless for Orthodox Christians.
              >
              > Allah ma'ak,
              > Mike

            • Abe Brown
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 21 8:38 AM
                Excellent my dear Itoop. You are a witness to our savior. Christ
                saves and Islam is blood.

                Abba Brown

                --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, "moscelder"
                <itkorah@...> wrote:

                > Dear Members,
                > Quran is a borrowed collection made from other available texts and
                > literature.The Allah introduced in Quran masquerades like YAHWEH,
                > deceitfully, misleading people to believe that they are one. This
                is
                > FALSE. Allah is a false God, a creation of Mohammed.Mohammed
                claims
                > to be a prophet, that is false and untrue. He was a womanizer, a
                > murderer and man who shed more blood than anyone known. It is
                better
                > to call Muslims as Mohemmedians , cos they follow Mohammed.
                >
                > The Holy Bible is Gods inspired word and to this day continues to
                > draw many to the Son of God the author of salvation, yes our lord
                > JESUS CHRIST.
                >
                > Yrs
                > Itoop
              • douglas brandow
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 21 11:39 AM
                  According to some Muslims it's a mistake to say this is Islam or that is Islam because Islam is complex and has many types of followers. For example there is a lesbian speaker and writer in Canada who considers herself Muslim. She refers to Wahabi Islam as "Desert Islam". She believes that Islam must be updated and modernized. She also believes that, just as Christians have learned to be critical of the Bible, Muslims must learn to be critical of the Koran. I think that, as more and more Muslims grow up and live in western societies, this type of thinking will become more common and Wahabi Islam will become increasingly irrelevant. Also, most people don't want eternal warfare against "infidels", they just want to live prosperous lives in peace with their neighbors. Conservative Wahabi type Islam will ultimately fail.

                  Doug
                  Sturgis, Michigan

                  Abe Brown <abbbrown2003@...> wrote: Excellent my dear Itoop. You are a witness to our savior. Christ

                  <itkorah@...> wrote:

                  > Dear Members,
                  > Quran is a borrowed collection made from other available texts and
                  > literature.The Allah introduced in Quran masquerades like YAHWEH,
                  > deceitfully, misleading people to believe that they are one. This
                  is
                  > FALSE. Allah is a false God, a creation of Mohammed.Mohammed
                  claims
                  > to be a prophet, that is false and untrue. He was a womanizer, a
                  > murderer and man who shed more blood than anyone known. It is
                  better
                  > to call Muslims as Mohemmedians , cos they follow Mohammed.
                  >
                  > The Holy Bible is Gods inspired word and to this day continues to
                  > draw many to the Son of God the author of salvation, yes our lord
                  > JESUS CHRIST.
                  >
                  > Yrs
                  > Itoop

                  "Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts." Albert Einstein

                • akhilthyk
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 22 3:54 AM

                    "This topic doesn't really affect Syriac Orthodox
                    Christians much
                    > because we are not based on Scripture alone.
                    Ultimately, that is
                    what
                    > the subject of science in scriptures is addressing,
                    which is why
                    this
                    > subject is meaningless for Orthodox Christians.

                    Unquote

                    Can you please explain what you mean by saying that Syriac Orthodox
                    Christians is not based on Scripture alone. If one has trouble
                    believing the Old Testament then let them not believe. But Christ
                    came to change everything and hence we have the New Testament and as
                    Christians if our faith is not based on the Scriptures then we are
                    not to be called the Followers of Christ or "Christians". When we
                    remove "Christ" from the center of our worship and form groups,
                    Churches etc. we move far away from Christianity and then Christ died
                    in vain. We can build churches in the name of every Saint / Bishop
                    but if Christ is not there then our prayers are in vain.

                    Old Testament may be hard to believe but it can be believed if one
                    reads it in the right perspective. And nothing mentioned in the
                    Scripture is new. The world has moved ahead in terms of technology
                    but the nature of man remains the same. What was relevant in those
                    times are still relevant even now. Man is still capable of loving,
                    showing kindness, hating, cheating, sinning etc. As for the dates
                    mentioned in the so called book, what does one want to prove by
                    trying to disapprove it? That God does not exist? That Abraham, Noah
                    and Moses were mythological characters? That Christ was never born?

                    The Holy Bible is not a mystery to be exposed; it speaks to you
                    gently, ever so lovingly and like your Earthly Father even admonishes
                    you. Many a sinner has turned from his sinful ways and many a
                    troubled soul has received comfort.

                    Let us read this Book in a simple manner and the let the words of
                    Wisdom speak to us loudly and clearly.

                    I sincerely feel that this forum should not be used to belittle other
                    religions. If we Christians are better let us show it in action other
                    than throwing mud at other religions.

                    Kuruvilla Abraham Thykadavil
                    Kuwait
                    22-April-2007

                    <mike.wingert@...> wrote:

                    > Dear Shaheed,
                    >
                    > Don't let yourself be mislead by such information.
                    >
                    > Neither the Bible nor the Qur'an present themselves scientifically.
                    > The book you've linked us to, and others like it, were written as
                    part
                    > of the cultural panic caused by the growing apostasy from Islam.
                    > These sorts of wild theories were concocted only recently in order
                    > try and help Muslims stop questioning their religion so much.
                    > Interestingly, Dr. Bucaille remained a Christian, even after writing
                    > this book. Clearly there was (and evidently still is) a market for
                    > this sort of material.
                    >
                    > Both the Qur'an and the Bible use poetic/literary language that can
                    be
                    > interpreted in various ways.
                    >
                    > What further complicates things, is that the Qur'an uses words that
                    > are originally Syriac, but because they were unknown in Islam, later
                    > commentators redefined such terms. This makes translating the
                    Qur'an
                    > into intelligible Arabic into a difficult task.
                    >
                    > Either way, if the Qur'an does use some ideas found earlier in Greek
                    > medicine (but at odds with Modern Science), that does not do much
                    good
                    > for Muslims in today's day and age.
                    >
                    > This topic doesn't really affect Syriac Orthodox Christians much
                    > because we are not based on Scripture alone. Ultimately, that is
                    what
                    > the subject of science in scriptures is addressing, which is why
                    this
                    > subject is meaningless for Orthodox Christians.
                    >
                    > Allah ma'ak,
                    > Mike
                  • akhilthyk
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 22 3:58 AM