Do we need another malankara Varghese?

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2007
      Dear all,
      What happened at Aluva Thrikunnathu Seminary on the 25th January 2007 is really shameful!. Last year a Jacobite syrian orthodox leader H.G Thomas Ist, Bava stated that he would enter Thrikunnathu seminary on Jan 25th or 26th 2007.H.G was succeedded to enter the seminary twice!!!!!
      What is going on in our church?Instead of planning to have 'dharna' and strike infront of secretriate gate, why don't we do something different? Is that our tradition?It is so shameful that the orthodox priest or bishop led a strike infront of the secretriate gate.What will others non-christian think about our church?Is it a political party, similar to Congress or Communist?Our church is totally ignorant about its future.When Jacobite syrian orthodox faction is going to celebrate their big festival at Manjanikkara church on Feb 13th 2007, Malankara orthodox syrian church was planned to conduct a strike on the same day at Trivandrum.Jacobite church invited their Patriarch and syrian bishops to conduct the festival at Manjanikkara.Our plan was a bad idea.We need to end this.Let peace prevail in our church.Now it is the time to accept Dr. P.C Alexander's suggestion for peace in our church.
      Whatever happened in Thrikunnathu seminary should never happened again!
      My opinion in this matter is that our Hon. lay secretary should resign immediately.

      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington D.C.