PRESS RELEASE ON Dr. P. C. Alexander's Statement

  • joice thottakad
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2007
      1. PRESS RELEASE ON Dr. P. C. Alexander's Statement

      2. Letter to the Catholicos (Thrikkunnathu Seminary)

      Pl. Visit

      http://malankaraorthodoxalmayavedi.org/Almaya%20Vedi/Press%20Release.htm

      Joice Thottackad
      PRO
      Akhila Malankara ORTHODOX ALMAYA VEDHI
      Kottayam, Kerala
      Mob: 99471 20697

      TV dinner still cooling?
      http://tv.yahoo.com/
    • ABRAHAM chikku
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2007
        Dear All Orthodoxian's,

        A word of appreciation to Joice(Though i dont know u)
        for making everything online and i think still our
        church administration has not grown to this
        extend.(May be they dont believe in this
        philosophy!!!)

        I am a bit confused, surprised and frustrated about
        thinking what the fate of our church in 2020 when
        India will become"the developed country". What i have
        found is that the church has no laid/drafted vision
        atleast for the next 2-3 years which it sends as a
        message for the devotees to pray and think upon!!!who
        will BELL THE CAT is the question in our church. Will
        the catholicos lay vision??will the synod??will the
        managing committee?? I dont know....

        I am from Ankamaly diocese, the so called diocese
        where Thrikkunathu seminary is situated. It has been
        years we see what the other faction has been doing on
        Jan 26. I at times think whether our church is REALLY
        interested in retaining it with us. Catholicos Mathews
        2 started the work very late during his last
        days.....but who will continue???

        Let me come staright to the point. Why cant we have an
        association, regular managing committee, a synod or
        atleast a program of our church( which would bring in
        large crowd at trikkunathu seminary) on 26th Jan. What
        i have seen with Thomas-1 is that the bishops are
        there at his disposal...if he says be there they
        are..can i atleast dream our catholicos with 10-15
        bishops at thrikkunathu semibary on 25th or 26th Jan??
        If we were SERIOUS enough to retain the seminary with
        us things would have been different....Still we have
        not grown mature to belive and voice in the potentials
        of Mar Milithos...

        With what little observations i have made in orthodox
        churches i feel that people who has vision, potential
        are not been identified by the administrators and get
        things done..they are just contented with coming for
        H.Qurbana on Sunday and leave immediately...

        When will we change? No questions whatsoever 100 marks
        for Thomas-1 for administartion in the last 5 years or
        so..they have travelled much much ahead of us..victory
        for them...

        better we are not late...so all of you i want u to
        think, how can we come out of this lack of vision?
        Exchange ur views...

        Thanking you,

        Chikku Abraham
        MTech 2nd semester