Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1650 , Dec 11, 2006
      "The eyes...are lifted up to look at the sky. The image of the sky is impressed upon the...retina of the eyes. And as soon as this image appears there, the message is received in a flash by the express carriers of the spirits that transmit it with incredible speed through the channels of the nerves to the brain, which is the source of the entire nervous system. And as soon as the contact is made there, the mind is immediately aroused to see the sky. After this perception the mind, by exercising its rational thought, can wonder at the order, the size, the beauty, the light, and all the other attributes of the sky. And in all of these, the contemplative man can see the wisdom, the creativity, the power, and the beauty of Him Who created it. He can thus reason and say: If the sky which is created is so beautiful, so full of light, how much more beautiful and more luminous is the Creator of the sky?"

      St. Nicodemos of the Holy Mountain.

      "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20

      Prayer Requests:

      M.E. and Family - Extreme Hardship.

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1650 of 1650 , Feb 10 7:09 PM

        "Even if we should have mounted to the very pinnacle of virtue, let us consider ourselves last of all; having learned that pride is able to cast down even from the heavens themselves him who takes not heed, and humbleness of mind to bear up on high from the very abyss of sins him who knows how to be sober. For this it was that placed the publican before the Pharisee."

           St. John Chrysostom.

        "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."  Ephesians 5:1-2

        Prayer Requests:

        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke and 8 years old Cassie - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.
        Dena T.