Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2034 , Dec 11, 2006
      "The eyes...are lifted up to look at the sky. The image of the sky is impressed upon the...retina of the eyes. And as soon as this image appears there, the message is received in a flash by the express carriers of the spirits that transmit it with incredible speed through the channels of the nerves to the brain, which is the source of the entire nervous system. And as soon as the contact is made there, the mind is immediately aroused to see the sky. After this perception the mind, by exercising its rational thought, can wonder at the order, the size, the beauty, the light, and all the other attributes of the sky. And in all of these, the contemplative man can see the wisdom, the creativity, the power, and the beauty of Him Who created it. He can thus reason and say: If the sky which is created is so beautiful, so full of light, how much more beautiful and more luminous is the Creator of the sky?"

      St. Nicodemos of the Holy Mountain.

      "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20

      Prayer Requests:

      M.E. and Family - Extreme Hardship.

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2034 of 2034 , Sep 19 5:33 PM

        "In truth there is only one freedom - the holy freedom of Christ, whereby He freed us from sin, from evil, from the devil. It binds us to God. All other freedoms are illusory, false, that is to say, they are all, in fact, slavery."

        St. Justin Popovich, Ascetical and Theological Chapters.

        "I will lift up my eyes to the hills-- From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth."  Psalm 121:1-2

        The Bible reading for the 10th of Tut, September 20, is:
        1 Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight a cry was heard: `Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!' 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, `Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' 9 But the wise answered, saying, `No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.' 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. 11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, `Lord, Lord, open to us!' 12 But he answered and said, `Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.' 13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. (Matt. 25:1-13)
        Martyrdom of Saint Matruna.
        Commemoration of Sts. Basin and Her Children.

        The Bible reading for the 11th of Tut, September 21, is: Luke 12:4-12
        Martyrdom of Saint Basilides (Wasilides).

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.