Path of salvation

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2006
      The path to salvation and to heaven is to accept Jesus Christ as Lord
      and Saviour.People who died before the birth of Jesus Christ had no
      chance to know and accept Jesus christ as Lord and saviour;also there are
      many primitive and tribal people who have no knowledge of Jesus Christ
      and probably will never hear about Jesus during their lifetime. What
      will be their path to salvation and heaven?
      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington D.C
    • nie44
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2006
        Hi. The path of salvation and to the heaven is to believe the Son of
        God as Lord and God and to be committed to His word. Every people
        before the coming of our God and savior were in shoal, however on
        Good Friday after Christ crucified and died, he went to the shoal
        and preach about Him self and the kingdom of God to those people
        from Adam till the last person who died before that Friday.
        Regarding this Apostle Peter on his 1 epistle chapter 3 wrote
        this, "For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the
        unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the
        flesh but made alive by the Spirit, by whom also He went and
        preached to the spirits in prison, who formerly were disobedient,
        when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah,
        while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight
        souls, were saved through water." Therefore, Christ has indeed
        preached his word after his death and before his resurrection to the
        people who died before his advent. Again, apostle peter also says
        this about the preaching of our lord on the shoal, "they will give
        an account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.
        For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead."
        1 Peter 4

        For those who never heard about the Word of God, they will be judged
        based on their deeds. Remember before the Arch of prophets Moses,
        there was no any written bible because they were capable of leading
        their life through the word of God planted on their heart. As we
        all know we are created in the image of God, therefore we all have
        the essence of God in our heart. That means God has already put a
        holy sprit in our heart to differentiate good from bad in the first
        place. Therefore, those people who have never heard about God will
        be judged based on what they did with the gift of God.

        May God bless all of Us. Amen.
        Medhanie
        --- In MalankaraOrthodoxSyrianChristian@yahoogroups.com, shibu
        podiyan <podiylu@...> wrote:

        > The path to salvation and to heaven is to accept Jesus Christ as
        Lord
        > and Saviour.People who died before the birth of Jesus Christ had
        no
        > chance to know and accept Jesus christ as Lord and saviour;also
        there are
        > many primitive and tribal people who have no knowledge of Jesus
        Christ
        > and probably will never hear about Jesus during their lifetime.
        What
        > will be their path to salvation and heaven?
        > Shibu Podiyan
        > Washington D.C

      • poovathumkalachen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2006
          Dear Mr Shibu Podiyan,
          1) "People who died before the birth of Jesus Christ had no chance
          to know and accept Jesus Christ as Lord and saviour". Let me quote
          from the Holy Bible: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the
          righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to
          death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, through whom also he
          went and preached to the spirits in prison who disobeyed long ago
          when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was
          being built" (1 Pet 3:18-20). Again, "But they will have to give
          account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. For
          this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now
          dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the
          body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit" (1 Pet
          4:5,6). After His crucifixion and death, Jesus Christ, preached the
          Gospel to the people who died before the crucifixion.

          2) "There are many primitive and tribal people who have no knowledge
          of Jesus Christ and probably will never hear about Jesus during
          their lifetime. What will be their path to salvation and heaven?"
          Let me quote from Rom.2:14-16 "Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not
          have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a
          law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they
          show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts,
          their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now
          accusing, now even defending them. This will take place on the day
          when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel
          declares." The primitive and tribal people have their own rules and
          regulations. So they can lead a moral life with out committing any
          kind of sin. They are the "unknown Christians" and they
          follow "unknown Christ" through their deeds. Also, ignorance is not
          an unforgivable sin, I think.

          Love
          Fr Jose Thomas Poovathumkal
          Ethiopia