God's Will

  • Abdelmalek, Raymond J
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2006
      God's Will

      "that the man of God may be complete"

      + 2 Timothy 3:17

      For the individual committed to following Christ, that individual must
      prepare for the climb of his/her life. Knowing God's will means knowing
      His word. As St. Paul conveyed to Timothy, "All Scripture is given by
      inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for
      correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be
      complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

      God's ultimate call to us is to become more Christ-like. Then God said,
      "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness"... "So God created man
      in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he
      created them." (Genesis 1:26-27), and since Jesus was His image and
      hence perfect humanity; "He is the image of the invisible God, the
      firstborn over all creation." (Colossians 1:15), the character qualities
      of Jesus help describe us humans at our best.

      Character qualities of Jesus Christ:

      There are 49 character qualities, each month we will focus on one:

      Alertness Determination
      Honor Punctuality

      Attentiveness Diligence
      Hospitality Resourcefulness

      Availability Discernment
      Humility Responsibility

      Benevolence Discretion
      Initiative Security

      Boldness Endurance
      Joyfulness Self-Control

      Cautiousness Enthusiasm
      Justice Sensitivity

      Compassion Faith
      Loyalty Sincerity

      Contentment Flexibility
      Meekness Thoroughness

      Creativity Forgiveness
      Obedience Thriftiness

      Decisiveness Generosity
      Orderliness Tolerance

      Deference Gentleness
      Patience Truthfulness

      Dependability Gratefulness
      Persuasiveness Virtue

      Wisdom

      Ideally, in the process, every individual will ultimately come into a
      vibrant, personal relationship with Jesus Christ. "Behold, I stand at
      the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will
      come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." (Revelation 3:20)

      This will result not from the attainment of good character, however, but
      from faith in Jesus Christ. "For by grace you have been saved through
      faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works,
      lest anyone should boast." (Ephesians 2: 8-9)

      Christlike character can not earn or attain a relationship with Him, but
      it can enhance the relationship with Him. "But as many as received Him,
      to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who
      believe in His name" (John 1:12)

      In short, for the Christian, practicing good character is a matter of
      loving God, self, and others.

      May the grace of God be with you in everything you do.

      Servant of Christ,
      Ray Abdelmalek
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChristlikeCharacter/

      TO SUBSCRIBE:

      ChristlikeCharacter-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:ChristlikeCharacter-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

      "Life is an opportunity to serve, love, and forgive as God, himself, has
      done for us."